Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: French tactics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default French tactics

GB news channel anyway they will write all sorts of rubbish but !! if this attached link is true why did the UK border force or RN just not tell the french as they are on a French naval flagged vessel they are therefore on French soil so take them back to France.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...f8ddd15f&ei=41

2. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: French tactics

Read the same story, exception Was French ordered the P&o ship to provide protection from the elements, so that immigrants could board the border ship safely
    Irrespective, we (Border Force) should ignore French requests.
    Vic.
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 12th April 2023 at 07:59 PM.
    R879855

4. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The French could have made a lee with their own vessel, but I suspect the Ferry Master had to weigh up his future visits to French port probably twice a day and they would have put every bureaucratic obstacle in his way on arrival and prior to sailing, which would have cost his owners a lot of money had he ignored their request

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dealing with the French will never be a simple matter, they have very little love of UK from what I remember,
    Bloody battle of Agincourt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes vic mcclymont, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Listen up people.
    A while back, the UK left the EU, and much of the cheap labour supply was stopped in the UK, which hurt the fatcats. Since then, gov.uk have been paying France to send more cheap labour into the UK via the channel. The reason so many millions of our pounds are being given to France is simple to work out, they charge by the head.
    If we gave France £100 million and we got 1 million illegals, that's £100 per head.
    If they were sending any back, it could be seen differently, but they're not. They're just saving them up, ready to put them to work when the people get so cheesed off with paying for them to live here.
    Give it time, maybe just prior to the next general election, and we'll see gov.uk suggest that they should be made to work for there living while they are here, living in hotels, and we'll see plenty of people jumping for joy over the decision, oblivious to the fact that it's always been the plan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unfortunately Johnny when that happens wages will drop so far many more local people will be on the streets and starving than there are now.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When you think back to what British Shipping used to mean to thousands and thousands of people re employment e.g. Customs , immigration officers , ships agents ships chandlers , and all the associated trades and industries associated with shipping. There is one thing which usually comes to light , is that the people who actually sail and work the vessels for what they were built for were usually the group to receive the lowest rewards for doing so. I said once before I was given the privilege of going through the books of a well known shipowner as working in their office as leave had expired ,this was about 1959 . Out of all the debit and credit the biggest biggest debits were Depreciation on hull and machinery, and Insurance , the smallest debits were crews wages and feeding. The only two items the shipowner had control over. The attitude of a penny saved was a pound gained ,never mind the poor seaman he’s expendable was always and probably still is today. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Unfortunately Johnny when that happens wages will drop so far many more local people will be on the streets and starving than there are now.
    Des
    That's exactly what the fatcats are aiming for Des. The bolloticians call it levelling up, in reality, it's levelling down.

13. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John S.
    The thing is I doubt any seamen of our time thought much about the pay, I can't remember doing so except maybe when i was broke, things were a lot cheaper and subbing say five quid would see you drunk for a few days on Penfolds, or maybe buy a tea set for Mum, and one was happy with that. Today with TV and mobiles able to show how the rich live causes envy, people here in Sydney are borrowing maybe
    $2million to buy a house while the interest rates were low and they are on $2000 a week, with the reserve bank continually putting the interest rates up to put money into the big banks they are caught by the short and curly's.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

15. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have always paid about 8% interest on houses I have bought ,apart from 2 years when worked for John I Jacobs who loaned money at 3% . But they went to the wall , but gave you 2 years to redeem .Best British Company was ever with. JS
    R575129

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast