Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate crime.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hate crime.

#39 Most people wouldn’t give a tosser what other people report on Ivan , as long as it didn’t affect them , those who do Report on such would probably give a false name in any case, a crime in itself called Identity Theft and punishable in a lot of cases by a prison sentence. To me theses are the people more important to catch. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan.
    If I say I hate you is that a Hate crime? Time these people were sent back to school manned by teachers from my time, now That would be a Hate crime.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James, the cry of not being able to afford a house is common here as ell.
    But if you are looking for one beyond your means of paying for then yes it will be tough.
    That on many occasions here is the problem, they all want to start at the top,
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problem does not lie with those buying the fault is those selling. But John seriously were do you get this idea that young people want to start at the top!!! Most kids I know well know they have to start with what they can afford. Social housing is not as plentiful now as it was. It is all very well for us senior citizens sitting here in our homes that are now mortgage free and likely have been for many years. Sounds to me as if you have a lot of kids in Australia need a kick up the **** if they think they can start at the top.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I tend to agree that kids today want the best, even if they can't afford it.
    It's like their mobile phones, instead of getting the cheapest, they get the latest, in spite of the cost. They upgrade as soon as a new one comes out even if the one they have works fine.
    I do know some that didn't fall for the very low interest rates over the last few years, but many did go for the max they could afford at the time, without considering any possible hikes in the rates. Mind you, I do believe the low rates were aimed at trapping people.
    The fatcats win all the time, especially when rates are low, they pay savers nothing, but mortgages and other loans are still raking it in.
    I know someone that was paying about 1.5% so thought it was great to get another loan on the strength of it. Then when the rates went up the world has ended.
    I've always nagged my lot about the interest rate trap, and it's worked so far. I well remember the 15% rates and all the repossessions occurring at the time.
    My Mum and Dad always told me "If you can't afford it, you can't have it". But the fatcats will convince you that you can, if you want them to that is.

6. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Just been checking up on Hate Crime requirements

Anyone can report a hate crime
    You do not have to give your name when reporting a hate crime
    You do not have to have witnessed a hate crime
    You can report any incident as a hate crime as long as you think it is a hate crime
    If anyone is convicted for a hate crime the person who reported it does not have to appear as a witness

Now if vegetarians report someone for eating meat, is that an hate crime
    Shades of Matthew Hopkin the noted 14th century Witchfinder General. Watch your tongue- you may lose it.
    R635733

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Telly by tit ,your tongue shall be slit, and all the little doggies in the street, shall have a little bit. JS ( aged 6)
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James, we do have some younger generation who continue to have the desire to live in the same suburb as mum and dad.
    But that suburb which have been a very cheap one when they were kids is often now a very expensive one, one they cannot afford.

And yes as stated, they want all the latest gadgets no matter the cost, but cannot save enough for a deposit?????
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These are some of the problems with todays mortgages.

First of they have convinced people that the house is an investment when in fact it is security for when we get older.

Secondly when we went for a mortgage the repayments where calculated on the main breadwinner flat weekly wage and any other income was ignored.

Thirdly we where incouraged to purchase a cheap house and upgrade later on (still in our first home here)

Forthly there are to many investors looking at making a fast buck.

What gets me is that they are demanding rents that are dearer than if they where paying of a mortgage and the only hurdle is the deposit and all the fecking fees and costs on top of that to make it impossible for the young ones to be able to afford the down payment of a house. Honestly we purchased this house for just over twenty thousand dollars and have no intention of moving. Lets just get real here. The only ones that are going to get any benefit out of this place are the ones that inhenrit it and we will not be around. Those that sprout about how much their house is worth make me sick as the only ones getting money of this is the council when they up the rates because the value goes up so in fact we end up loosing money each time that happens but no one ever figures that crap out.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

12. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Late 1980s wife made beautiful rag doll by common name in its day, mailed to newest granddaughter in Miami to have it return via daughter with big question mark , Wow ******** dolls were all the rage in Aus back the , sad loss of an iconic well loved child's toy 😔

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast