Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate crime.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hate crime.

At are certain age can you really trust a fart!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy.
    Behind a tree? And there's me always thinking of you as a short one, a bush would do.
    Cheers Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

3. Likes happy daze john in oz, cappy, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see today another hate crime in USA, a looney shoots 5 people in a bank.'
    But according to the news he was neutralized, not sure if that was by the police or himself but he was then taken to the Morge for questioing.
    A most sensible manner considering the situation.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes N/A, Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    But according to the news he was neutralized, not sure if that was by the police or himself but he was then taken to the Morgue for questioing.
    Bet they couldn't even get a 'no comment' out of him

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back to #1 apparently the recent police raid on the jollywhogs pub was not the first time, they were taken to court and it was thrown out, so has some police chief got a bee in his bonnet about it.

Anyway the land lady seems to have a supply of these jollywhogs and they are back in the bar, together with a notice on the door stating 'That if Golly Dolls offend you, then please don't come in' she says none of her ethnic minority customers have complained about the dolls and she gets presents of them.

I see some PC person has declared they were removed because they were offensive and a spin off from the Black and White Minstrels which was formed to take the mickey out of black people, from what I remember of the black and white minstrel show it was always about singing and dancing. This PC person was probably not alive when the show was being performed, skewing history again to support an agenda, bet the complainer is caucasian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We saw the Black and White minstrels years ago, and I thought it was a brilliant show. It never occurred to me that it was a piss take of black people. But, I suppose you can find offence in anything these days if you look hard enough. All my old black mates used to call each other the N word constantly, in everything they talked about, sweird init. It seems hate and racism is only a white ass thing, and we should be ashamed of ourselves.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    . It seems hate and racism is only a white ass thing, and we should be ashamed of ourselves.
    I don't think that quite holds water Johnny, lots of creeds and colour, ostracise, and even kill their offspring for marrying outside their faith and colour. We indigenous British have never reached that stage. This nation has nothing to be ashamed of, what our forefathers did centuries ago is not the fault of those currently living and we have nothing to apologise for or be ashamed of. Those who want to take a guilt trip for something they had no control over then that is up to them, but don't inflict their self flaglation onto the rest of us. For those who don't like this country there are plenty of exit points as well as entry points.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you are a legal mirgrant to the UK you were well made aware of what to expect.

But I am going to raise a point with the governement

Promotional material
    Citizenship ceremonies: guidance notes (English and Welsh)
    Updated 18 July 2022

Why fecken Welsh!!!! Why not Scouse , Brummi or Geordie.

Not sure if I have met anyone from Honk Kong or India who speaks or reads Welsh.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    I don't think that quite holds water Johnny, lots of creeds and colour, ostracise, and even kill their offspring for marrying outside their faith and colour. We indigenous British have never reached that stage. This nation has nothing to be ashamed of, what our forefathers did centuries ago is not the fault of those currently living and we have nothing to apologise for or be ashamed of. Those who want to take a guilt trip for something they had no control over then that is up to them, but don't inflict their self flaglation onto the rest of us. For those who don't like this country there are plenty of exit points as well as entry points.
    I was trying to be a bit sarky there Ivan.
    I used to be on a committee at work, that dealt with things like this. I saw some dreadful cases of racism and worse, that were excusable because it was their culture, and management being what they are, ensured they got away with it. I didn't last long on that committee, because I saw it for what it was. Incidentally, I never came across any white employees being hauled up to answer any accusations.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In reply to the post #28. In Aus they print Govt Pamphlets for people from multitudes of various countries, but not Welsh, as thy know we can speak English, so by your logic we are foreigners in our own country in Britain.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

13. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast