Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate crime.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hate crime.

Not a bad take on the area James, I don't go there if I can help it. Although Grays is an OK place generally, but most places have their pits. I haven't heard of it being a racist pub, but I'll ask around. Tilbury used to be OK years ago, but then I'd only go to the worlds end pub from any boats I was on that tied up there.

2. Thanks James Curry, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Steve Neale liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, It is like a lot of areas good and bad. I think it has always been a bad idea especially in social housing estates for the housing assocations to permit a build up of tenants who are from the same cultural back grounds. That way you are allowing the establishments of ghettos and then we have no go areas.
    How you avoid that happening ?? that is down to planners.

4. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I called one of my old mates, he's been here since his teenage years. He reckons all this woke stuff is creating hate where none existed before. He reckons the younger people are becoming victims, where he never felt that way. He always used to say to his son "if it hadn't been for our ancestors being taken away from Africa, just imagine what you would be doing today". His son started kicking up around the time of the bicentenary of the abolishment of slavery.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Johnny, the London Met have not covered themselves in glory for many years, The handling of the Stephen Lawrence murder is one such case all be it a while ago. Stop and search while understandable again is causing problems especially to those who are just going about their day to day lives.
    Reports of sexual misconduct, misogynistic behaviour within the Police , Fire service and armed forces. I have even witnessed it on ships with female officers, some lads thought they were fair game. I have been on a ship were the female 3rd engineer accused the 2nd engineer of attempted rape. Thing is the silly girl was besotted with him, if only she had stood back and wondered why he was not interested in her advances. He was gay. We all knew that, the engineers steward was in the cabin at the time of the alledged assualt.
    She was sent home and sacked.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think any of it has changed since day one James. In every walk of life there has been abuse of some kind, it's just that with the onset of equality, more people are not learning to deal with things themselves. Of course technology has helped with the "finding out", like phone records, CCTV, plus all the other gadgets that abound. Even coppers couldn't search and find filth, or talk it either on the net.
    A mate of mine (a met cop in N London) told me of a time they were told, not to stop any people of ethnic background for a whole week. He said they just sat all day and night with nothing to do. Very few non ethnics about at any time anyway in those areas, but street crime was rife, and left alone for that week. Of course they attended scenes of crime, incidents and accidents, but stopped nobody in the street. There were no complaints of harassment though, and that seemed to make the boss happy.
    My son was a copper for quite a few years, he was once driving on patrol and spotted a typical car and occupants that he thought would be worth a pull. The young girl he was tutoring told him that if he stopped that car, she would report him to the govnor as a racist. He decided to ignore her and stopped the car. He found a loaded shotgun in the boot, with lots of other crime related things. they were nicked and were eventually sent away.
    In the meantime, when he returned to his base, he was pulled in by the boss, and told that a complaint had been made by the girl about the way he decided on who to stop. The boss told him "well done, but watch how you proceed in future". He later became a detective, but lost interest in the job and left the service.
    I come from a long line of police. One uncle was a division boss, others were in it too, plus nephews and cousins. I didn't fancy it and went to sea instead, glad I did now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used o like Tilbury, never felt unsafe there, or across the river in Gravesend where my wife comes from, she says the same, never had any trouble walking back from a cinema at night. But I read a few days ago that there are 160 000 Afghans now living in London alone, and over two million plus foreigners in Britain, that many people are bound to start making a difference. AS for the G%&$y W75g dolls what happens if someone brings home a Maori doll from a trip to NZ, and puts it up on a pub wall?
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Saw this on Facebook and thought you all would get a giggle out of it

338545435_546266094337468_4529948698254431931_n.jpg
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sometimes wonder about some of those who complain.

When at the uni we had a large number of students form a certain religious group.
    Nice lads who were very well behaved and asked me could we serve Hal Al dishes in the cafeteria.
    I explained that we had no separate facilities to do such and we also cooked Pork, Ham, and Bacon in the galley.

No worries they said as long as the meat is Hal Al is all we need.
    We complied with the request and a number of other unis followed.

The one lecturer complained that we were not complying with rules of that religion.
    I then showed him a copy of a magazine from malaysia saying that students wishing to learn in Melbourne should come to our uni as we served Hal Al meat.
    He went away very quietly.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    I used o like Tilbury, never felt unsafe there, or across the river in Gravesend where my wife comes from, she says the same, never had any trouble walking back from a cinema at night. But I read a few days ago that there are 160 000 Afghans now living in London alone, and over two million plus foreigners in Britain, that many people are bound to start making a difference. AS for the G%&$y W75g dolls what happens if someone brings home a Maori doll from a trip to NZ, and puts it up on a pub wall?
    Des
    I think the over 2 million plus is a bit short Des, unless you mean illegals? and it's more likely the numbers in London alone. The truth is, they don't know how many illegals are here, they can't count them.

14. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Woodard View Post
    Saw this on Facebook and thought you all would get a giggle out of it

338545435_546266094337468_4529948698254431931_n.jpg
    no bleedin way im going in there mate ...theres woofters poofters woman hung like roosters .......naw just have leek behind a tree /cappy

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast