Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Walks free after rape of 13 year old

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Walks free after rape of 13 year old

Well, new rules introduced in Scotland last year, seem you are now not an adult until 25 years old. Because this guy was only 17 when he raped the girl, he was free, the judge declared that if he was an adult over 25, he would have been jailed. One wonders how the young lass feels on this.

https://www.newsweek.com/sean-hogg-r...otland-1792256
    R689823

Marian Gray Guest

Default Re: Walks free after rape of 13 year old

#2, Keith, A diabolical liberty. The rapist's face is plastered all over the tabloids, think jail may have been the safer option!

As for the Judge, Jonathan Lake QC is he fit for purpose? His message to future rapists implies 'First rape free' His decision will of course be appealed by the Défense lawyer Donald R Findlay KC. The Judge Jonathan Lake QC has taken into account the Law stipulated and passed by Holyrood in 2022 that under 25yr olds should not be jailed because and I quote '' their brains are not fully mature'' and that ''rehabilitation must be a primary consideration rather than punishment'', therefore, judges are advised to take into account the offender's life experiences. Yet Scottish Parliament agrees that these same teenagers can vote aged 16/17 and get married but then that is to assure continued voting for the SNP and their dwindling numbers, never mind the open arms invite to every immigrant possible from wherever

Due yet again to the incredulous failings of the SNP to grasp reality we here in Scotland and most unfortunately the victims have to put up and shut up should the offenders be offended. Just another ludicrous proposal from the woke legacy of Ms Sturgeon and her ilk.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    Yet Scottish Parliament agrees that these same teenagers can vote aged 16/17 and get married but then that is to assure continued voting for the SNP and their dwindling numbers
    Nonsense.
    The "Scottish Elections (Reduction of Voting Age) Bill" was publicly supported by ALL the political parties in Holyrood - SNP, Tories, Labour, Lib Dem, Green etc - and the bill was passed unanimously by MSPs.
    Last edited by Jim R Christie; 4th April 2023 at 03:05 PM.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Marian Gray Guest

Another fudge!

I didn't say otherwise though even you have to take into consideration the difference in numbers between them ie:
    SNP 64 members
    Conservative & Unionist Parties combined - 31 members
    Labour 22 - members
    Greens 7 - members
    No Party Affiliation – 1 member.

No mention of course of the Law passed in 2022. The theme in question. What say you to that?
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 4th April 2023 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    Another fudge!

I didn't say otherwise though even you have to take into consideration the difference in numbers between them ie:
    SNP 64 members
    Conservative & Unionist Parties combined - 31 members
    Labour 22 - members
    Greens 7 - members
    No Party Affiliation – 1 member.

No mention of course of the Law passed in 2022. The theme in question. What say you to that?
    You may try and dodge all you like but the Tories supported the lowering of the voting age unanimously.

Secondly there was no law passed in 2022 relating to "the theme in question" as you put it, what did change was that in late 2021 sentencing guidelines were updated. In Scotland those guidelines are issued by the Scottish Sentencing Council.
    The Scottish Sentencing Council is independent of the Scottish Government.
    You may be interested to know that the Scottish Sentencing Council prepares an annual report which is submitted to the Scottish Parliament. This annual report - including the updated sentencing guidelines - was submitted to Holyrood for their scrutiny in 2021 and 2022, with seemingly no adverse reaction from opposition parties.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes James Curry liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Only in Scotland, can you vote at 16, join the Army at nearly 18.
    Comit rape on a child and your deemed to young as your brain is not fully developed.
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It seems some defend this practice, absolutely crazy. No matter who bought this system in, and i could not give a fishes tit what party agreed to it, its the crime committed and punishment, that is totally wrong. indefensible . I am sure if it was your granddaughter mr christie you would be up in arms.
    R689823

Marian Gray Guest

#5, Firstly I stand to be corrected re my comment in stating of a law passed in 2022 when in fact it was late 2021 when a sentencing guideline was updated....... Moot point, considering that said outcome remains the same ie a rapist walks with community service whilst a young victim has been violated for the gratification of a sexual predator under twenty-five years of age

Secondly to debate the legal jargon of the ''The Scottish Sentencing Council'' which is being offered here as a distraction to the case in hand by your copy and paste retort taken from sections of a Wikipedia page to suit your own agenda. Perhaps if you had read the whole page you would not have missed the following snippet 'The Scottish Sentencing Council was established by the Scottish Ministers on 19 October 2015' Of course we can go back further but gain no merit as Lord Macfadyen QC is long gone and would be boring to the British members reading here.

The fact remains Mr Christie whilst you have succeeded in waylaying the initial point of this thread as mentioned previously your righteous views of the Scottish Parliament appear to rob you of independent thought in relating to the defilement of thirteen year old girl and the sentence administered.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    It seems some defend this practice, absolutely crazy. No matter who bought this system in, and i could not give a fishes tit what party agreed to it, its the crime committed and punishment, that is totally wrong. indefensible . I am sure if it was your granddaughter mr christie you would be up in arms.
    Keith,
    Would you mind pointing out in my posts above where I have defended the sentence in any way?

Marian Gray Guest

#9 Not possible, as you ommited to address the community service of 270 hours, the sentence administered by the Judge.
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 4th April 2023 at 08:50 PM.

13. Thanks Terry Sullivan thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast