Thread: Walks free after rape of 13 year old

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Walks free after rape of 13 year old

Re. #64
    Johno.

You were correct, The Gunfight*at the O.K Corral was a shootout and I'm sure you are not suggesting the condemned man is armed with a six shooter and "slapping leather" against the executioner.

I became an avid fan of Western movies at*the kids "Saturday morning*rush" at the Odeon, Chingford Mount Essex*and*also one of the movie houses in Walthamstow, (London) showed 8 cartoons and a cowboy film, changing weekly,* Every penny I could scrape up went on cowboy movies.

My wife and I were living in California and went on a tour of the Grand Canyon and we had the time, so we drove to Tombstone, Arizona, then back to L.A. (555 miles each way) so I could see where* the most famous gunfight took place.

Tombstone was a town that 'came and went' when silver was found then became a 'ghost town' when the silver played out after yielding*$36 million in 1880 dollars.* *Today it's a small town built*around*tourist*dollars attracted, like me, to the Wild West.

Tombstone was a wild and dangerous town attracting miners, gamblers, gunfighters, saloons, prostitutes, and drifting cowboys.* Marshal Wyatt Earp, his brothers, James and Virgil and a friend "Doc" Holliday had a gunfight with a cowboy horse rustling gang, the Clanton Brothers. and three others.* They faced off in the OK Corral, a livery stable.* Slapped leather and three of the Clanton gang were dead. I walked into the corral, stood where I thought Marshall Earp stood and boldly faced off with the Clantons.

They are buried in Boot Hill cemetery, Tombstone.* There's lots of interesting original tombstones in Boot Hill.* along with the Clanton's, "Here lies the body of Lily Mann, who lived an old maid and died an old Mann." Hard to top that one, and some*said simply "Teamster, killed by Indians" etc. Wyatt Earp died peaceably at the age of 80 in Los Angeles.

I've even stood in the doorway of the cabin at The Grand Tetons (Big tits, in English), in Wyoming, where Shane was filmed, and yelled "Shane...Shane...come back Shane...We love you Shane!"

Giiddy*up and Hey ho Silver...Away.. Rodney
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Patagual....just inland from Coronel, Chile.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Then Scotland needs to hang its head in shame.

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We are experiencing the same in Australia with young bands of louts. The only answer and was there at one time , until the idiots were listened to and laws which had stood the test of time were rolled away never to be seen again was capital and corporal punishment.It is the only thing bully’s and louts recognise is personal pain and they deserve to be rewarded with the same. Spare the rod and spoil the child is still the same today as it was a hundred years ago. JS
    R575129

6. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, Colin Wood thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very true there John.
    When Pm Howard suggested some form of training along conscription lines for all at age 185.
    Not in the forces but for six months in a campo to learn life styles.
    Subject came up again last week, current gov just like the computer said NO!!!!

We had here for a while gangs of Somalians roaming around, lot of problems.
    State premier said no such gangs exist.
    Well now they do not, locals saw to that.
    Quite amazing how a Baseball bat can be put to so many other uses.
    Works wonders on windscreens and lights.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=happy daze john in oz;416230]Very true there John.
    When Pm Howard suggested some form of training along conscription lines for all at age 185.
    /QUOTE]

Well that's put me off emigrating to Oz.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gangs have roamed streets for years a lot on here must remember the Teddy boys. I wonder if the Glasgow smile is still as readily available if you crossed the wrong thug? Not forgetting the Liverpool kiss.
    Bigger problems now due to increase in people of a different race moving into the UK.

Capital punishment, only problem I have with introducing that again. Sadly a lot of police are more interested in charging someone than actually finding the guilty. Police here in the UK do not get covered in glory, especially recently with several officers having been charged with rape and murders.
    For me it has to be well beyond reasonable doubt with many eye witness stating they observed the killing. Those 2 bastards that hacked Lee Rigby to death, should have been shot dead by the armed response team at the time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Then the usual Glasgy sally 'Can yer mither sew, well tell her to stitch that' wham!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are many instances of hanging in the wrong circumstances , one famous one from the 1950s was Craig and Bentley, during an armed robbery Bentley had been arrested, but Craig still had the gun, and Bentley had called out to Craig " let em have it ", now did he mean , shoot or hand in the gun, still argued today, but Craig shot the policeman dead. Bentley was hung, even though he was actually in police hands. I am still in favour of hanging when the evidence is actually very clear.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Place that in comparison with the innocent hundreds being killed daily in The Ukraine . If you carry a firearm it must be assumed it is there for use . You may carry a lipstick and not be assumed to have any evil intent. Then if you are a soldier and can be identified as doing your job and getting paid for it. They are all instances with different morals but with the same intent to take someone’s life . I remember Craig and Bentley and all the fuss it caused , there was more disruptions caused by that and gave the bleeding hearts a foothold in the door of waiving the death penalty. What are the bleeding hearts going to do with the thousands murdered in the Ukraine.? There won’t be a word said is the way I read it . If there was intent there to kill in the case of Bentley and Craig i I agree with the sentence and any similar cases they should be guilty as charged whether they pulled the trigger or not. JS.
    I remember going ashore in Think it was Georgia in the States in the 60s. Went into a hardware store and behind the counter was a poster which said” in this State any armed hold up carries a mandatory minimum 25 years hard labour sentence” . JS
    Doesn’t seem to have stopped the shootings there though I must admit.JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 2nd May 2023 at 10:46 AM.
    R575129

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But why should the tax paying guy have to pay millions to keep some of this scum alive.
    Eliminate when there is no doubt, it may reduce the number of offences, which may make the country a bit safer.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

16. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast