Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Walks free after rape of 13 year old

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Walks free after rape of 13 year old

I wonder if the police will auction it off, might get a good deal. Probably needs a service as it may have been to Switzerland a few times doing a bank run, private accounts department

I Really need to move this thread to elsewhere. As it is well off topic.
    Last edited by James Curry; 10th April 2023 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the fact that in America they electrocuted so many innocent people that started the trend to stop capital punishment elsewhere. But where it is cut and dried they should hang them, especially child killers, I would even at nearly 91 volunteer to hang them.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Oz we have the worlds champion killer, Bryant is in jail for shooting 36 persons including kids back in the 90's.
    The story was that the police had him in their sights but were told to bring him in.
    Fine, now he costs the taxpayer about $5 million a year to keep.
    A 5 cent bullet at the time would have saved the nation a lot of money.

Then there is Julian Knight, another nutter.
    Sat on the roof of a Target store (bit like M%S) and shot a dozen or so.
    Police got him, still inside with no chance of ever getting out.

Such persons should just be wasted and save the community a fortune.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Their brains not fully matured, I would say that applies to the politicians who passed this ludicrous law.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If I didn't know this was true, the law is so incredibly stupid I would have thought it was some sort of joke.

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Marian Gray Guest

#45, Indeed Alan and a bad joke at that....Still tis rather sweet the perpetrator is paying the price albeit for another malfeasance entirely.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In a civilised society, and by that I mean not one destroyed by the SNP, who are intent on emptying jails and “integrating” the pond dwellers back into society, the first punishment step would be instant castration, two bricks spring to mind.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re.* Des. #42* I think the fact that in America they electrocuted so many innocent people started the trend to stop capital punishment elsewhere."

It didn't have any effect on other countries when the French abolished the guillotine in 1981. Or hanging in the UK in 1965.

I could find no evidence of "many innocent people executed", I did find that since 1972, 191 have been exonerated and freed from death row.* Mainly by the method*of DNA tracing and irregularities within their*trial.* 103 were black, 68 were white, and 20 other*races.* So based on this one must assume irregularities could have happened.*

As of 2022, 8 States have the electric chair as capital*punishment, however the condemned has an option of choosing lethal*injection (which they have):* Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, South Carolina and Kentucky. The rest have choices between Hanging and lethal* injection, with some with the option of a firing squad or lethal*injection.

There are 7 States that have legislatively abolished capital punishment: New Mexico, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Colorado, Colorado, Virginia and Illinois.

Since 1972, there have been 191 condemned that were found innocent and exonerated and released. Mainly through advances*in science that proved that traces of DNA found at the crime scene did not match the convicted.
    Capital punishment is also a penalty under Federal Law (The USA laws vs States law).* *The execution is carried out in the State where the offence took place using State facilities. Capital punishment is currently*lethal*injection, it was hanging or lethal*injection.* Federal law covers treason, piracy, espionage, and large scale drug trafficking. If the Federal crime occurs*in a State with no death penalty the Federal government*can choose any State.

An interesting fact:* The UK looked into the electric chair, but decided to stay with hanging.

The actual more humane, fastest and least pain, method of execution*is the guillotine, but I would assume rather messy.

I know when I read about some of these truly horrible crimes, particularly*against children, I lean towards the Chinese method of death by a thousand cuts. But in general, when my emotions are not involved, I am against the death penalty. And when you look at the billions tossed, like confetti at a wedding, to countries around the world, what's the cost of putting a murderer behind bars for life... peanuts.

On that note: Cheers, Rodney
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

10. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The death penalty here in Oz went out of fashion in the late 60's.
    But there are many who would bring it back for some crimes.
    There are some who will only come out in a coffin, others that committed such crimes that they should be executed, but so far no deal on that one.
    But there have a been a number of 'accidents' where some have ended up in a very sorry state.

One beaten to death in prison by another prisoner, he was about to tell all which may well have compromised some police.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Thanks N/A, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see in the news today Singapore just dropped another one for Drug smuggling.
    The president refused to commute the sentence as the rules on drugs is very strong there.
    He was said to have been involved with a trade of some 1 kilo, twice the death penalty limit.
    So far this year 11 such terminations have been carried out.
    But odd, this one on a Tuesday, usually on Friday.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn liked this post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast