Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Walks free after rape of 13 year old

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Walks free after rape of 13 year old

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    #5, Firstly I stand to be corrected re my comment in stating of a law passed in 2022 when in fact it was late 2021 when a sentencing guideline was updated....... Moot point, considering that said outcome remains the same ie a rapist walks with community service whilst a young victim has been violated for the gratification of a sexual predator under twenty-five years of age

Secondly to debate the legal jargon of the ''The Scottish Sentencing Council'' which is being offered here as a distraction to the case in hand by your copy and paste retort taken from sections of a Wikipedia page to suit your own agenda. Perhaps if you had read the whole page you would not have missed the following snippet 'The Scottish Sentencing Council was established by the Scottish Ministers on 19 October 2015' Of course we can go back further but gain no merit as Lord Macfadyen QC is long gone and would be boring to the British members reading here.

The fact remains Mr Christie whilst you have succeeded in waylaying the initial point of this thread as mentioned previously your righteous views of the Scottish Parliament appear to rob you of independent thought in relating to the defilement of thirteen year old girl and the sentence administered.
    Again, I ask where in my previous posts have I in any way condoned the sentence handed down.
    Please, do provide a quote; it shouldn't be difficult for you, there aren't that many posts in the topic.

Similarly, please do provide the address and passages concerned of the wiki page I've allegedly copied so as to back up your assertion that I've simply taken something from there.
    The SSC have their own website which is far more informative than Wiki ever could be and rather more importantly it's a primary source.

The only righteous view I have is that individuals should not present as fact rubbish that they've just clearly made up (i.e. lie) simply to attempt to lend credence to suit their own bitter agenda.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Marian Gray Guest

Nope, Still not hearing it.

What I am reading though speaks volumes and tells me more than I need to know about the arrogance of their patrons. The SNP and their wee pretender..oops I mean useless Yousaf, who I doubt will last the year are a laughling stock
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 4th April 2023 at 09:21 PM.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    Nope, Still not hearing it.

What I am reading though speaks volumes and tells me more than I need to know about the patron[s] of the SNP and their wee pretender..oops I mean useless Yousaf, who I doubt will last the year. Re your 'bitter' accusation, definitely not, I think there are a laughing stock.
    To be clear:

I do not know the facts of the case beyond what has been reported in the media.
    I did not hear the evidence presented by the prosecution at the trial, nor have I heard the arguments and mitigations made by the defence advocate.
    I have not been privy to the background reports on the accused which are provided by the social work department, psychologists etc as a matter of course prior to sentencing for such an offence. I therefore know nothing about the accused.
    I am not in possession of and have not been briefed on the detail of the current sentencing guidelines.
    I am not in possession of a copy of the sentencing notes prepared by the Judge which he used to explain his decision.

Because of all the above I am not in any kind of a position to pass comment either way as to whether this was a suitable sentence or not; only the Judge of the case and (in review) his peers within the High Court are in a position to do so.
    You nor anyone else on this website is fully acquainted with the above either.

In this as with most other aspects of my life whether it be day to day decisions, onboard disciplinary matters or when I've been called to undertake jury service my mantra is the same: I deal in facts, not histrionics.
    The subject matter is too serious to give it any less respect.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R Christie View Post
    Keith,
    Would you mind pointing out in my posts above where I have defended the sentence in any way?
    Neither did you condemn it, but skewed off subject to introduce your political bigotory and insult anyone who does not acquiesce to your views, just an observation.

8. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If he was 17 at the time of the rape why did it take 4 years to get the trial to court.
    "For this offence, if committed by an adult over 25, you attract a sentence of four or five years,"
    Think some one needs to have a word with the judge.
    270 hours community service wtf!! I hope he has printed on his back as to why he is doing community service.

With rape convictions remaining among the lowest since records began – only one in 100 rapes recorded by police in 2021 resulted in a charge that same year. Time some one upped their game here.

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Ivan Cloherty liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Neither did you condemn it, but skewed off subject to introduce your political bigotory and insult anyone who does not acquiesce to your views, just an observation.
    Ivan,
    Who was it that brought a political element - that was then shown to be untrue - into this thread in the first few posts?
    I do not feel the need to condone or condemn anything simply because it happens to be the fashion of the day.

I refer you to my post #13.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Think it was poster#2 mentioned the SNP?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have had a number of similar cases here in Oz.
    Claim rape some six or seven years after it is alleged to have occurred.

But as to the brain not being developed, was that the one of the rapist or the judge?

Reminds me of the little boy in the bath, looks down and says to mum, are those my brains down there.
    Not yet son, but in time.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Marian Gray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R Christie View Post
    Ivan,
    Who was it that brought a political element - that was then shown to be untrue - into this thread in the first few posts?
    I do not feel the need to condone or condemn anything simply because it happens to be the fashion of the day.

I refer you to my post #13.
    Oh dear! I'm being outed as terrorising the thoughts of the Wokerati, typical of SNP supporters.... know the kind, social justice warriors, with their liberal views whilst policing the speech of others and deluded by their own superiority.... NOT.... You won't scare me into submission, blithering eejits like #17 I block. You and him have a nice day now.
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 5th April 2023 at 07:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#13 What a load of sanctimonious claptrap

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast