Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oxfam Relief

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Oxfam Relief

when I was working in the North Sea John and things were looking dim, I went for an interview with Maersk Offshore , at that time they had a main office in the I.O.M. however must have been on the mainland i had the interview. They incorporated an IQ test into it which I wasnt prepared for, however at the end of the interview they said could offer a job working out of Brazil. When I asked when, in about 3 months they said. I said I could not sit ashore off pay that long, so I finished off going back deep sea for nearly a year . On coming home was offered a job , which should of known better on the stand by boats in the North Sea, and thats how I finished up there. Never did find out how the IQ test went, maybe just as well as the previous night had been out merrymaking. The Maersk interview would of been in 1987. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a friend who runs from UK down to Ascension Island and also to the Falkland Islands on a Maersk line tanker. Top 4 are well paid and the rest on ITF rates? When BP swung the axe yet again 2 years ago. A lot of the fleet management was taken over by Maersk IOM. I think it is just the top 4 were retained from BP who had been made redundant. These guys took a big cut in terms and condition. Glad I am not at sea now. As usual seafarers are treated like s-ite. Even fillipinos are being replaced as the ship owner continues his search for even cheaper crews.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I often wonder about the figures for birth per capita.
    I look around the shopping centers and see the families, very few with just one and when it comes to the Asian and other religions there is no limit in numbers.

Working from home will soon be questioned, the tax man is begining here to rumble.
    Those who work from home can claim all manner of deductions from their tax.
    It is costing the gov millions, if not billions is lost revenue.
    Soon all will be back in the office.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As regards Maersk never worked for them , but was master on a couple of their ships on bareboat charter in Australia if remember right. JS
    R575129

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2