Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: wot !No Proof Readers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: wot !No Proof Readers

Well John all I can say is kids in Australia must be pretty thick!!! Rounding up and down suppose most products end with a price tag !!.97 so unless I am wrong for goods that costs $1.97 they charge you $2.00 is that right? Not bad business really as they are making 1.94% extra profit. I assume you are talking cash transactions or does the same thing apply for debit/credit card transactions
    Last edited by James Curry; 15th February 2023 at 03:36 PM.

2. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    I entered the cashless society a few years ago.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So did many more of us Des.

The rounding only applies to cash transactions, use a card and the original price will be charged.

The removal of one and two cent pieces was because the public did not consider them to be worth any thing and they cost more to make than the face value.
    For that reason there is talk the five cent piece may go,
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree coins are a pain especially copper. I toss it into a money box and silver into a dish. Take it to a charity shop and let them have it.
    I only usually carry about £20 in my wallet. Shopping I just pay by Debit card.
    My dear wife bought me a new wallet for Christmas. It is one of these wallets that has something built into it to stop your cards getting scammed. Apparently there scammers who can by some means copy the details of your cards while they are queuing behind you or walk pass you.
    Good idea but twice as thick as my old wallet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have heard of them, but was told by an IT man that just a piece of magnetic material in your wallet is just as good.
    Cut a bit from a magnetic fridge card will do the trick.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Agree coins are a pain especially copper. I toss it into a money box and silver into a dish. Take it to a charity shop and let them have it.
    I only usually carry about £20 in my wallet. Shopping I just pay by Debit card.
    My dear wife bought me a new wallet for Christmas. It is one of these wallets that has something built into it to stop your cards getting scammed. Apparently there scammers who can by some means copy the details of your cards while they are queuing behind you or walk pass you.
    Good idea but twice as thick as my old wallet.
    I got one also and its no thicker than before, unless its because I only hae a fiver in it.

10. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hate, yes, really hate this money system. When it was just cash or other valuable solid things, the only way it could get nicked was by physically stealing it, robbing, mugging, that kind of thing. Now even the cleverest of brains can't stop the theft of our money, even those that invented this virtual cash system can't stop it. There should be a system where the banks and card issuers are totally responsible for any kind of losses incurred by the card holders. That would make them work a bit harder at security, because it would be their money going missing and not ours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I may have mentioned this before, but why on earth does a UK bank debit card have all your bank information on the card.
    Your long card number is on it fair enough, but why is your bank account number on it, why is your banch locator number on it and why is you so called 3 digit number on the back. Now we have the added convenience of scan and go.
    Okay my bank will phone me if they spot abnormally high use of my card. How many of us have had the Scam phone call , usually someone with a recorded posh London accent saying you carrying out a tranaction for £xxxx please contact this number immediately if this is not you, please have your card details available.

13. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your cards must be different to ours here in Oz.
    All we have is the card number and expiry date with security number on back.
    Bank logo and type of card such as low interest or as with my credit card Platinum awards.
    But the scammers are out there, regularly get phone calls but my Samsung phone but it has a detect memory and stops them from ringing after two rings then tells me that was a possible scam.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have had Euro bank accounts and none had the account number on the cards. As you mentioned the 3 digit security code is on the back.
    Myn bank has been pestering me through advertising to down load their APP on my mobile. I resisted but like most down loaded the app which I do use. But still if you are unlucky enough no doubt could be scammed. No doubt my Bank details are already on file in Beijing, hope they take a look at my balance and take pity on me

16. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast