Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone for Tennis ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Anyone for Tennis ?

Yesterday’s tv news with pictures to match, of Duboverick , probably spelt wrong, or his father at least sporting a Russian teashirt I see nothing particular wrong with as other countries show theirs. However showing Putins face on the same was obviously just pure malice and to show or try to show that the same had backing for his invasion of an innocent country as regards violence against themselves. Obviously it was done with intent to propoganda and will no doubt be used in Russia by their government to confuse the people. If tennis is going to be a sporting venue then they want to get the their priorities right and there is no excuse for such a miserable face of a miserable man defacing the Russian National Flag.The heads of these sporting groups if they can’t work it out , should not be in the very profitable position they hold. My attitude would be one strike and your out. If that was true they would have been out a long time ago. JS...
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 27th January 2023 at 11:03 PM.
    R575129

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anyone for Tennis ?

Sad to say but this is not the first time sport has been used as a political envoy.
    The father should have known better, but then coming from where he does maybe law and order are not so important.

Funny thing is Croatia has just joined the EU, so no doubt Putin will make good use of the propaganda associated with this.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Croatia has been in the EU since 2013.

6. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Russia is the innocent country most of the world has gone against them,united kingdom has a depleted military yet we are like sheeple raining hatred on russia.Russia halted nazism in europe mister Putin is doing the same fella.pity our own government did not love us as mister Putin loves the motherland,mister Putin is called the red god 2.Stalin being the first,and your comment on mister Putin has miserable face,not as miserable as our homeless on our streets fella,still got my che sweatshirt

8. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ref4, well, its an opinion, at least we can understand what this one is !, i don't agree of course.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I doubt that Ukraine can be called an innocent country John. The clown that was elected? and took over the presidency, tore up the agreement on stable relation Ukraine had signed 2014 between Ukraine and Russia, then proceeded to attack the areas that had declared their independence, maybe son of Biden had investments there, very rich areas.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des , rewriting history again? the programme I watched last week certainly does not share your views.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    ref4, well, its an opinion, at least we can understand what this one is !, i don't agree of course.
    Well nearly understand it, may have lost something in the translation! Somehow don't think Stalin may have become involved if Hitler had stuck to the non-invasion pact, but once that was broken Stalin saw an opportunity to expand his Empire knowing he would get help with 'materiel' from the West who were perhaps a little too slow to understand his motives, although Churchill did warn the USA of the likely outcome of arming the Soviets to the extent they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    I doubt that Ukraine can be called an innocent country John. The clown that was elected? and took over the presidency, tore up the agreement on stable relation Ukraine had signed 2014 between Ukraine and Russia, then proceeded to attack the areas that had declared their independence, maybe son of Biden had investments there, very rich areas.
    Des
    Of all the programmes I have watched, reports read, cannot find one that paints Ukraine as the aggressor, in fact Ukraine gave up all its nuclear weapons to try and assist glasnost on the understanding that it would receive military aid to repel any aggressor from any direction.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If I remember rightly from stuff I've read. Stalin's pact with Hitler included control of many Eastern European nations after Hitler won his war. Churchill also tried to get the US to carry on with the UK and drive the Russians back, but no joy there, and look at the mess that ensued.
    The Ukraine war was a civil war that Putin stuck his nose into, and look at the mess he's made there.
    Russia and china are the real baddies in this world, with their desire to own it.
    You can usually tell a good place, by the number of people trying to get into it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What!!!!
    R835171

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast