Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A change in morality laws.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A change in morality laws.

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    For those frequent visitors to Bali May have to change any immoral habits they may have as Indonesia is about to make it illegal to have sex outsisde of marriage with Gaol terms of upto 1 year for those caught.And this applies to all, residents and visitors alike . JS this came up twice as the system of aerial reception and transmission is on the blink this may or may not clear. JS.........
    I imagine that this change in Indonesia's morality laws will cause a serious drop in Indonesia's tourist earnings!

2. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#11 Also I believe the bomb maker who caused the death of 80 Australians among others a few years ago has been released and opened a restraunt on the island. Bon Appetite Or should that be Bomb Appetite ? To those who visit . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th December 2022 at 01:39 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#11 Also I believe the bomb maker who caused the death of 80 Australians among others a few years ago has been released and opened a restraunt on the island. Bon Appetite Or should that be Bomb Appetite ? To those who visit . JS
    I intend visiting Bali and Lombok in february both of which are beautiful islands, my days of chasing women are long gone (I can't catch em) I think that the new morality laws will be like shooting yourself in the foot with a drop in tourist numbers. I think that it will also lead to resentment by the Balinese Hindu majority against the Indonesian ****** majority. There are already areas of West Sumatra that observe Sharia law,western tourists who like the decadent lifestyle that was enjoyed in downtown Bali need to be aware of Islamic decency. In quite a few areas of the Indonesian archipelago there are areas that are devoutly Islamic and tourists are not aware they are insulting the local population by the way they dress or with their behaviour.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was it Mark Twain who said “ East is East and West is West and ner’e the Twain shall meet”. ? Or maybe Robbie Burns ? JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was it Mark Twain who said “ East is East and West is West and ner’e the Twain shall meet”. ? Or maybe Robbie Burns ? JS
    I think it is part of a poem John. Kipling spent a lot of his life ponting out the differences a hundred or so years ago, not that folk take a lot of notice. I spent a lot of my life working in countries or with different races, religions and political ideologies as most of those on this site did. I am a firm believer in observing local customs,morals and laws. I an disgusted when I am travelling in some countries at times because of the behaviour by my own countrymen.Whether their behavior is down to ignorance or arrogance does not matter. People should do a bit of research into the customs of the indigenous population before traveling to the more exotic and less visited parts of the World. This thread started about the change in morality laws in Bali well anyone who has visited Kuta beach will confirm that at times the place is more like some of the Spanish Costas with the freelove/ drugs and hedonistic behavior, this is manly young Aussies and Kiwis and not Brits and northern Europeans. It must offend the morals of the local Hindus let alone the Islamic minority.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The thing about these "hedonistic" places, is that they're created by the place themselves. They open the bars, brothels, and any other things they themselves consider "evil. It's all about money. If they didn't want sinners sinning, they shouldn't allow these joints in the first place.

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    The thing about these "hedonistic" places, is that they're created by the place themselves. They open the bars, brothels, and any other things they themselves consider "evil. It's all about money. If they didn't want sinners sinning, they shouldn't allow these joints in the first place.
    Which is probably why there is a crack down on western peoples morals and unmarried sex. The laws for drugs in Bali are draconian which does not seem to stop expatriates or locals selling/using them. It will be interesting to see what other laws will be drafted and what the consequences will be for breaking them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My traveling days are resigned to the local RSL, but I wouldn't go to Indonesia in a fit. There are plenty of nicer Countries around the area like Vietnam and Thailand, and Malaysia.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its not too long back when a couple of Australians were executed as being drug mules in Indonesia and the hue and cry was soon forgotten. A slight insight into politics and why I have little time for, the husband of a well known present government member , this in no way reflects on her , but he was a drug mule but caught in Sydney if had been Bali he would have got the chop , got about 10 years and was Out in three, what gets up my nose he is now a head manipulater on an estimated $400000 a year in the present government . JS.....
    R575129

13. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For a few days the shock of the Indonesian may thake hold.
    Then the astute tourist will come to understand the new law does not come into being for three years.
    By that time all will have forgotten about it.
    The Balinese are smart, they will do all they can to attract tourist so no worries mate enjoy it.

Been to the Philippines, not as good as Indonesia though.
    As to Lombock, it is what Bali was before the tourists came.
    Spent a few times there including a Christmas, had a great time.

Over the past ten years we have with cruising covered just about all og the Islands in the south seas here.
    From Isle of Pines to Mystery Island, Komodo to Noumea, Thailand to Fiji.
    Some good, some better and some best forgotten.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 12th December 2022 at 05:15 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast