Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: channel crossings

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: channel crossings

If they had stayed in Johnny they might as well have made the Houses of Parliament redundant and maybe used to house illegal immigrants for the use it would be for formulating British Law. Britain does not deserve being ruled over by former enemies. The same as Russia looks on the Ukraine myself look on most of Europe. I blame the lousy politicians of whatever hue we had in power and wouldn’t put any of them in charge of the local Deli. How any one could pick out a head of state among that shambolic lot put your vote in at the next general electoral vote .? It should never have got past the Common Market position which I and suppose many others were conned into believing was the score, a politician whoever it was that took us into the Eu without permission of the People should be answerable to the people , this no doubt was done by all the politicians at the time so they are all guilty as charged . JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th May 2023 at 09:14 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Cassels View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me that those who bleat on about how Brexit was such a bad thing and how wonderful life in the EU is are the ones who do not actually live in the EU.
    In actual fact , the wish to leave this appalling bunch of corrupt , incompenents is growing fast across mainland Europe and the UK should
    be very glad they got out when they did.
    John this UK government could teach the EU a few things about how the art of corruption. Ask any banker working in the financial sector in the City of London.
    Say what you like about the French, they are loyal to their home industries. French people still buy french cars, french wine, french food and usually holiday in France.
    France has the highest number of world wide tourists. People must go there for a reason!!!!

Germany got such a foot hold in the British market because the Brits cannot get enough of anything made in Germany. Like a lot of other EU countries and the rest of the world people want German products, reason !!!they make quailty goods.
    Take the Auto industry. Volks Wagon group largest automoble manufacturer in the world, why quality!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't agree with you on the German autos, my eldest son has for many years had top range BMWs, and says the build has deteriorated over the last few years, and has now gone to Jap car, a very nice Toyota, says it is far superior. I have driven a Jap car for the last 25 years, and as of now, more than happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Even the Mercedes factory guys don't get on very well

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot the link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65557774
    R689823

4. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    John this UK government could teach the EU a few things about how the art of corruption. Ask any banker working in the financial sector in the City of London.
    Say what you like about the French, they are loyal to their home industries. French people still buy french cars, french wine, french food and usually holiday in France.
    France has the highest number of world wide tourists. People must go there for a reason!!!!

Germany got such a foot hold in the British market because the Brits cannot get enough of anything made in Germany. Like a lot of other EU countries and the rest of the world people want German products, reason !!!they make quailty goods.
    Take the Auto industry. Volks Wagon group largest automoble manufacturer in the world, why quality!!!!

James, provide proof of your corruption allegations.
    The EU has never had it's financial books audited, wonder why?
    Vic
    R879855

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vic I will start with an easy one.Owen Patterson backed up by Boris Johnson ref:Randox. Patterson was paid £100,000 a year by Randox

At the final hour the Tory MP Owen Paterson escaped an immediate 30-day suspension from the House of Commons for an “egregious” breach of lobbying rules, and avoided a possible byelection.

UK politics: Tory vote to protect Owen Paterson ‘an absolute disgrace’, says Labour – as it happened
    Read more
    He convinced the government and some fellow backbenchers to vote to spare him from the sanction, which was recommended by the standards committee watchdog, and to instead refer his case to a new committee chaired by a Conservative former cabinet minister, John Whittingdale.[/B]

Do not think I mentioned the EU was not corrupt.
    Anyway not going to get into it with you again Vic , he said I said.
    Do suggest you do a bit of research on corruption by this Conservative government. I am sure when Lab our do take over in January 2025 more will be revealed. Then it will be their turn to line their pockets.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thing is, they're all bent. It's become a culture thing in parliament, once a decent person enters the house, they get pressured into behaving in a like manner as the rest. I often write to my MP, and receive replies from different ministers. Almost every house of commons letter I get is full of the same bull***t, it's a craft they learn from the day they enter those walls.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Johnny it is a craft they learnt at Eton & Oxford.
    I wonder if they ALL take a degree , in the art of fleecing the public and hopefully not get caught. Degree is Bachelor of Political Science & Corruption.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some years ago, I had a friend who was an MP, it must be over 30 years back, even 40 years. He was a Tory and I always voted labour. However, I knew his family, and his son went to the same school as my son. We often had a pint together, and I used to do some charity work for his wife.
    He used to tell me then how other MPs and such, would try to shape new MPs into their ways of thinking. I got the impression he was a very straight MP, he was certainly a nice bloke. We parted company when I moved one way, and he moved the other and we lost contact.
    Unfortunately he was killed by some evil nutcase a year or two back, but he was a very good MP and person, although I never voted for him. Life can be cruel at times.

11. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is that Sir David Amess? By all accounts he was a well respected gentle man by all parties.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes James, what a mess this country is becoming. There was a gang war at Dagenham Heathway station earlier this week, and a person was killed with a huge knife. I was raised around there and all my family still do, but what an awful place it is now.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast