Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: channel crossings

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: channel crossings

Such 'floatels' are a way of solving the problem for UK.
    Just tow them out beyond the 3 mile limit and let them sail away into the sunset.

But how many more can the country take?
    Where will you store them?
    Maybe high rise containers are the answer, or the Dartmoor open spaces!!
    It is a problem that no gov of any persuasion will find easy to fix.
    Labor may say let them in while in opposition, but in gov a different story I think.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes Johnny Kieran, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, I agree John, about Labour having no real plan once they get into gov.uk. I started going off them when Blair got in, and he carried on flogging off the crown jewels. Then successive, dismal efforts to run the country allowed the Tories to get in and really screw the people.
    The only reason they got in last time was the promise of Brexit, which they have completely failed us with.
    The truth is, they never wanted Brexit at all, and they still don't.
    The Tory moto is "The beating will continue until morale returns".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Johnny , Thatcher was the one who started selling the countries assets, remember British Gas , If you see Sid tell him!!!Well that worked out well as did selling other Utility Companies. Blair just carried on. Don't think there was a lot of difference in the Blair Gov than Thatcher/Major Gov.
    But as The song says Things can only get better!!and then we had Gordon Brown who certainly lost his Midas touch with the collapse of the banks in the crash of 2008.
    Back to the subject of Channel boat people , The Rwanda policy is never going to be acceptable or for that matter workable. It is like putting a sticking plaster on a cut when amputation is required. Not saying execute this economic chancers , just make it not worth their while coming here. A good start would be to tell the RNLI to stop operating a Channel Taxi service.

Here comes that word again Brexit. well the uninformed voted leave, and with that we also left the Dublin Agreement and this allowed the EU to shaftthe UK.
    Blame Boris and his mates from Eton and Oxford, they thought GET BREXIT DONE, shame they really did not think things through. Never mind really all Boris wanted was to ensure his picture was on the wall in Downing street and a few lines in the History book.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...31/#SnippetTab

5. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Vic it is being privatised and has been heading that way for years.
    You are very quick to jump on the Labour party. Well after the results from the local elections in England you will not have long to wait to see what Labour will or will not do.
    Well James, Labour not over the line, may have to rely on SNP or the Lib DEMS.
    Tony Blair, built in the East Midlands a private hospital costing 100's of millions of £'s to relieve pressure on NHS.
    Privitastion, being offered an op in private hospital or stay on NHS waiting list, what would you do.
    As an aside a friend was waiting with her grand daughter in a hospital, in front of them were a bunch of coloured lads.
    Doctor was overheard, glad that lots out of the way, now I can treat others.
    Apparently illegal immigrants are allowed to jump the que in hospitals and are refeferred there rather than GP.
    Vic
    R879855

7. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That was the rub James. Blair didn't stop what Thatcher started.
    I think that most Brexiteers voted that way, not after listening to politicians or reading red buses, but after many years of seeing where the EU was taking the UK. It was learning from experience that made up most peoples minds.
    Yes, of course some people were happy being a part of the EU, but we had a democratic vote on the subject, albeit a clanger by Cameron, and it was voted in.
    Trouble is, now a precedence has been set, and democratic voting in the future may be affected, caused of course by the refusal to accept Brexit by the fatcats, politicians, and those that see the opportunity, and are able, to overturn the result. It's been them that have caused all the problems affecting the UK since Brexit, not the EU.
    It doesn't matter how us plebs feel about the subject, for or against, we are all in the same boat, being run by the fatcats of this world.

9. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes john hancock liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#24 vic currently Labour hold a lead in polls The overall polling averages extrapolated in the 3 weeks to 13 April place Labour on 43.4%, the Conservatives on 29.5%, and the Liberal Democrats on 9.7%. Should a general election be held today, this would likely lead to the following composition of the House of Commons: Labour on 337 (+ 135 seats), Conservatives on 231( -134) LibDems 29 seats( +18) SNP 30(-18) others DUP 7(-1)Sinn 7(no change) but irrelivant as they do not sit in the Commons.
    If that is accurate that would give Labour a working majoriy orf 32 seats
    https://www.politics.co.uk/reference...opinion-polls/

Like all these things it all depends on the poll that gives there results.

Yougov poll gives the Governments rating as 62% disapprove they are doing a good job. 20% approve.
    Ah well no point in you or me in saying this or that. The next general election has to be held no later than the 28th January 2025.
    A lot of water will flow under the bridge before then but my opinion is there will be a Labour government elected next time round.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The result of any such poll depends on how the question is put and how biased the presenter may be.

As to our Maggie, she did what one of our state premiers did here, sold the utilities to reduce a massive debt left by Labor.
    Feral labor here has just had only it's second surplus since federation. Last was in 1993.

As to EU, from memory we were told all manner of wonderful stories about how good it would be for the nation.

But from what I recall and have heard over the last 40 years it was never so good.
    Sounded much as if UK was being managed from either France or Germany.
    But yes Camereon stuffed up, but i see there are now talks going on that will bring UK into some form of agreement with EU.

Iceland and some Baltic nations have similar agreements I have heard.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=happy daze john in oz;But yes Camereon stuffed up, but i see there are now talks going on that will bring UK into some form of agreement with EU.

Iceland and some Baltic nations have similar agreements I have heard.[/QUOTE]

Yes that gives them limited trading aspects, but they have to obey ALL the rules of the EU but have no voice in making of those rules

14. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It never ceases to amaze me that those who bleat on about how Brexit was such a bad thing and how wonderful life in the EU is are the ones who do not actually live in the EU.
    In actual fact , the wish to leave this appalling bunch of corrupt , incompenents is growing fast across mainland Europe and the UK should
    be very glad they got out when they did.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There were some obviously good things about being in the EU, (I can't think what they were now) but when we left, it was not in the interest of the EU to come to any decent deal with the UK. This was due to it causing an onrush of nations wanting out, so punishment was the word. Any negotiations with the EU can only put the UK in a worse position, it's how the fatcats work.
    Lots of people still believe the Common Market, and then the EU, were created for the good of the European people. It was all created by, and for the fatcats. The only reason any kind of good thing comes out of the EU for the British people, will be because there's money to be made from it by the EU.

17. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast