Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Channel taxi service

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Channel taxi service

The immigrant situation is the same here in NL , with illegals being given preference over locals getting free housing , food , medical care and free travel. a mirror situation
    to the UK. But , the government states that they are bound to accept and covet them as it is an EU directive. The UK is not part of the EU now so the only common
    denominator is that both PM and our first minister are both WEF babies , the WEF already on record as being proud that they have infiltrated world governments. It's happening
    before our very eyes !.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Never hear Russia complaining about illegal immigrants. ? JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

# 52 Yes I agree London is not all of UK, but for some visitors it may well be.
    WE have relis down on the south coast and it is a very different world there, reminds me of UK when I was a young lad.
    But for many countries capital cities are not a true reflection of the whole country.

As to economic refugees, we have them here in Oz, claiming they are hunted in their own land and want refugee status.

But that in no way reflects those who come to Oz as legal migrants.
    To gain entry you need to have a skill in demand, be of good character, be able to pay a bond for Medicare, refunded when you start work, and hav eto be sponsored in most cases.

When we arrived in 1980 it was through the small business channel but for my brother in 2005 I along with another mate had to sponsor him.,
    So the idea that all who arrive are economic migrants is to me a bloody big insult.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 24th November 2022 at 06:03 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So tell me John did you move to Australia in the hope it would improve your quality of life? No doubt you worked hard to get what you have well done.

But like it or not you and others who left their country of birth are econmic migrants

An economic migrant is a person who travels from one country or area to another in order to improve their standard of living. Simple fact!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had a good job in the UK, was head hunted by a Swiss company and lived in Pakistan for nearly four years, don't see anyone moving to Pakistan from UK to improve their lot.

I was also head hunted to work in UAE and lived in UAE for nearly four years.

Now those companies 'wanted me' for my services, does that make me an economic migrant just because I lived in those two countries.

Pretty much the same as Australia, Australia want the expertise and services of individuals, so they invited numerous people in.

An economic migrant is someone who goes to another country 'on the chance' that he/she/it may or may not improve his/her/its lot.

If you are invited to work by a company in a different country to that of your birth, it is because they require your services, that does not necessarily make you an economic migrant.

Just asking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post

I had a good job in the UK, was head hunted by a Swiss company and lived in Pakistan for nearly four years, don't see anyone moving to Pakistan from UK to improve their lot.

I was also head hunted to work in UAE and lived in UAE for nearly four years.

Now those companies 'wanted me' for my services, does that make me an economic migrant just because I lived in those two countries.

Pretty much the same as Australia, Australia want the expertise and services of individuals, so they invited numerous people in.

An economic migrant is someone who goes to another country 'on the chance' that he/she/it may or may not improve his/her/its lot.

If you are invited to work by a company in a different country to that of your birth, it is because they require your services, that does not necessarily make you an economic migrant.

Just asking
    Did you take out Pakistani or UAE citizenship? Was that the aim of your move?
    If not, then you weren't an economic migrant merely a transient worker.
    It's that simple.

7. Likes Steve Singleton liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john cassels #61
    good afternoon, I think you will find that the irish republic and the uk as well as holland are carrying out the exact same proceedures when dealing with the rubber duck brigade, it now seems that it is goverment policiy rather than the individual goverments not having a answer to deal with the influx.
    are you familiar with the dutch citizen ( eva viaardingerbroek, ) she is a twenty six year old law graduate with a masters so not only being well educated and articulate she is easy on the eye check her out.
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 24th November 2022 at 04:39 PM.

9. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R Christie View Post

(1) Did you take out Pakistani or UAE citizenship? Was that the aim of your move?

(2) If not, then you weren't an economic migrant merely a transient worker.
    It's that simple.
    (1) No way Jose

(2) Ah! sh*t : You could have left out the word 'merely' I did build up two companies

11. Likes thomas michael, Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan you were not a migrant as you travelled for work and had no intentions of staying there.

Others travelled to places like Australia New Zealand and the USA and other countries to take up permanent residency and work. The intention I assume was to improve their standard of living and economic well being.

The definition of an economic migrant is a person who leaves their home country to live in another country with better working or living conditions

An expat who retires to the likes of Spain or France are not economic migrants because they are not permitted to become an dependent financial assitance from the state support.
    Last edited by James Curry; 24th November 2022 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They usd to call them seamen they fitted the bill of transient workers. JS
    R575129

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast