Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Channel taxi service

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Channel taxi service

The latest deal being signed with the French is for the manpower patrol rising from 200 to 300, plus the use of drones. i can see how impossible it is for the French to police this situation, if a lone policeman detects 25 migrants leaving his section of beach, what does he do ?, takes guts to face them all, and stop the boat. Would only take a short while, bearing how much money has been laid out by the migrants, for that to become violent. would not blame him to look the other way. It is blindingly obvious what the answer is, send them back when they land here. kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do the French not have a Border force like the UK? perhaps they do? All they need to do is what is patrol just offshore and intercept and return them to a detention centre where they can be assessed and either given asylem or returned to from where they came.

3. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    The latest deal being signed with the French is for the manpower patrol rising from 200 to 300, plus the use of drones. i can see how impossible it is for the French to police this situation, if a lone policeman detects 25 migrants leaving his section of beach, what does he do ?, takes guts to face them all, and stop the boat. Would only take a short while, bearing how much money has been laid out by the migrants, for that to become violent. would not blame him to look the other way. It is blindingly obvious what the answer is, send them back when they land here. kt
    its no so long since the French said it was illegal for them to use drones

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James 22, perhaps the same as ourselves, they don't know where they came from in the first place. It needs the rules applied to Asylum requests, usually we in UK are sticklers for the rules. These migrants should be applying for asylum in the first free country they enter, not the first soft country, to put them up in hotels. as usual the rules are being used to suit them selves.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I find it strange that people actually believe that first off, the French have any intention of stopping them, regardless of the millions we give them.
    Secondly, do people really believe that gov.uk want to stop them coming in? There's been hundreds of millions spent on preparations to send them to Rwanda, but not one has gone.
    It costs us taxpayers 7 million a day to house them.
    Now, I make that, some people, making loadsamoney. It all goes into someone's bank account somewhere, so why would any of the people involved, including politicians, want it to stop?
    I don't suppose that one day, in the future, there will be a huge reserve of cheap labour available to the UK, would there? Or is that too much sideways thinking?
    I can just imagine, that one day, some politician will suggest, that due to rising costs of food and things, it might be a good idea to put some of these illegals to work in the fields and factories, just to help out for a while of course, not long term, yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We need to get a few immigration officers from the USA to train our lot. Even when we had our C1D1 visas, think that was what they were called. Anyway the visa we needed as crew to join a ship. I remember on one occassion joining in Baltimore at the airport I was getting a hard time from the immigration officer. She had an atittude right from the word go. How do I know you are a crewman joining a ship in Baltimore gave her a letter saying I would be met by the ships agent. She never even looked at it, sit over there and wait. By the time I was called over I had to go into an interview room and again the questioning started. I ended up just saying if you prefer just return me back to the UK on the next available flight as I could not really give a toss if I joined the ship or not. I was a contractor out there to do a job overhauling the generators and in port work on the main engines.
    Ended up stamping my passport and just about made it onboard.

8. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I remember a few years ago, Wrote to the Home Secretary FIVE TI
    Ghadaffy of Libya said, " We do not need to fight the West, we will take over by weight of Numbers,"
    That is happening now.#So the West had him killed/

A General of the Saudi Arabian Army also said, " We will take over Europe and convert them,

I wrote to the Home Secretary , Priti Patel, and sent the reports to her, No Reply.

Brian in Boltonistan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    I find it strange that people actually believe that first off, the French have any intention of stopping them, regardless of the millions we give them.
    Secondly, do people really believe that gov.uk want to stop them coming in? There's been hundreds of millions spent on preparations to send them to Rwanda, but not one has gone.
    It costs us taxpayers 7 million a day to house them.
    Now, I make that, some people, making loadsamoney. It all goes into someone's bank account somewhere, so why would any of the people involved, including politicians, want it to stop?
    I don't suppose that one day, in the future, there will be a huge reserve of cheap labour available to the UK, would there? Or is that too much sideways thinking?
    I can just imagine, that one day, some politician will suggest, that due to rising costs of food and things, it might be a good idea to put some of these illegals to work in the fields and factories, just to help out for a while of course, not long term, yet.
    There is already a vast reserve of labour (whether it is cheap??) I am sure not all them but there are plenty of shirkers on the unemployment regester/ dole

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    I remember a few years ago, Wrote to the Home Secretary FIVE TI
    Ghadaffy of Libya said, " We do not need to fight the West, we will take over by weight of Numbers,"
    That is happening now.#So the West had him killed/

A General of the Saudi Arabian Army also said, " We will take over Europe and convert them,

I wrote to the Home Secretary , Priti Patel, and sent the reports to her, No Reply.

Brian in Boltonistan
    They are already in place Brian, just waiting for the call.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes and all young men of a Fighting age.

The Bomber who killed 24 young people and 400 injured at the Manchester Arena was also picked up in the sea and brought ashore here..
    Why is our Government so stupid?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast