Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Channel taxi service

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Channel taxi service

As Australia is a very, large country and a former British penal colony. UK gov should fly these rubber duck channel ferry dodging migrants out there. Offering them a life in the sun.
    Let's get Monday of with a bang

Ps: all the above said in jest

Patagual....just inland from Coronel, Chile.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Keith,
    I see the dilemma...from all sides..it is indeed a conundrum.
    However... I cannot understand how all these people in Calais can actually get to that point without being detected and turned back. France is a huge country, It takes days to traverse for people with, supposedly, no money...yet can arrive at Calais and elsewhere without being confronted with officialdom.
    And France was obviously not the first "Safe Haven" these people entered.
    Let's get real here.... France is clearly colluding with other European countries to expedite the movement of these people towards their desired destination: The UK.
    They are aiding and abetting in a recognised criminal act: The transportation of people: ie... People Trafficking.

The cynic in me asks: Is this sour grapes over BREXIT?

3. Thanks Graham Payne thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"The Albanians will be involved in people trafficking and likely as not or other forms of crime." ....
    Isn't a Long Police Record a form of Albanian GCE 'O' Level? Mmm?
    Not being racist here, but can anyone say anything remotely positive about Albanians? I been listening a long time..... Must be going deaf.

5. Thanks Bruce Morris thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This has been a wide covering discussion about picking up people at sea. Basically one is obliged to do so.A radio officer would’ve been the best to describe a vessels obligation as he was the one who kept a listening watch every halve an hour called the silence periods just to listen. On air for any such calls , off watch he had to set the Auto Alarm to listen such When off watch. He also had to log all these movements. It was and still is legal maritime process.. Today with no R/Os this responsibility falls on the bridge watchkeeper with all the new fangled electronic aids. SPO is a frequent observation in the radio log and stands for Silence Period Observed JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sadly...I feel you are correct JSABOURN.... If you set out your stall at the start of such nonsense, you quell, or at least nip in the bud...further abuses.
    Sadly, Governments come and go, and bring popular yet unmanageable policies into their usually flailing party tricks to entrance & draw new voters into their fiefdoms.
    And the new generation of Voters generally think it is hip to go and defy wisdom...over logic and pretend they have a voice.
    Whilst all the time of course exacerbating the problem that was preventable years ago. A simple and obvious solution that was working fine.
    Make the rules. Stick By them. Do not not bend nor waver. Apply said rules in an honourable and decent manner to all and sundry.
    It's not rocket science...is it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Germany and it's allies lost two world wars to Britain, they thought they had this third one won with the defection and secret singing of the agreement that put Britain into the EU, by a So Called British PM, the man was a slime ball. Now that Britain is no longer a member of the Hundred Year Reich, they are determined to bring the country down, led by France. Britain will have to aware of being stabbed in the back by one of their own.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thomas michael View Post
    hi john sabourn #87
    good afternoon,where is your humanity , remind to send you a xmass card with a picture of scrooge on the inside of it.
    tom
    No Thomas.... You are missing the point.
    Where is the humanity of the governments of where these people are coming from?
    Why are they failing their own people?
    Corruption? Indolence? Why is it happening?
    Everyone is asking why these "refugees" (Many categories there) are being so badly (allegedly) treated.
    Yet! No one is asking the obvious question....Why are they refugees (of many categories) in the first place....Mmm?

Is it not time to take the Governments of these people to task as to why they are failing to keep their own people content?

It's fine to have a bleeding heart for someone in a worst situation than yourself.... But Hey! Go ahead. If that what floats your boat.
    But I have lost sympathy for 90% of so called refugees...They are NOT Fleeing a War zone or oppression.....They have paid thousands of $$$ to get to places like the UK.
    You simply have to ask yourself... "Why?"
    Those thousands of $$$ they see as an INVESTMENT and access to the UK Benefits System and/or a means of working under the radar and paying no taxes into the UK system.

Humanity Thomas.?... Even Scrooge eventually realised.... "Charity Begins At Home". And he was a better human for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Thomas;
    I am sure you are right: I'm on the losing side. What you say is undeniably true. This cynical Government is using a well respected body as the RNLI to do its dirty work.
    I totally agree with your assessment re Manston..... (I visited the museum there a few years back...... So shameful given these recent events.)
    I just don't get it: If a person arrives at an airport...without the appropriate documents: They do not leave the airport. They are returned on the same airline. End of.

Arrive on a beach and you get a four star hotel......Forever?????

No. This madness has to end. A:S:AP:

As to your confidence in the ballot box..........PAH! The apathy of the British electorate is second only to England winning the world cup!
    Democracy is a tool wielded by the rich and powerful....they know how to play the game. Make apathy a factor: They win. Every time.

I'm getting too old to care. Long in the tooth, I guess.
    BREXIT was right in my opinion...we just lacked the leadership to stand up to the repercussions. Cowards. Highly paid cowards at that.
    It should be done and dusted. Finished with...so the rest of the world knows where we are: Open For Business.
    Sorry...went off topic ... Cheers.
    Last edited by Steve Singleton; 29th November 2022 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Typo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Des...
    Steve here from Chile.....
    Never ceases to amaze me how us ex-pats have so much passion for the "old Country" we have...Be us English Welsh Or Scottish or from Northern Ireland.
    Or indeed... The Isle of Man or the Channel Islands...all part of the UK.

I agree with you: The EU will do their utmost to bring down Britain because of BREXIT.....

Miserable cowards. But hey! Is that not history repeating itself?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#106 Think it was a 1000 year Reich Des so still plenty of time , the Vichy French, quislings of Norway , and the Blackshirts of the uk are still there in deed , Communism has lost its meaning of equality and is just another excuse for world domination. I have yet to see a good leader for the uk or one who could sell himself as good horseflesh at the local slave market . Backbone is sadly lacking today. JS
    R575129

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast