Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SBS training

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: SBS training

Had a hire car driver last year who works for the home office.
    Does a bit of driving in his spare time.
    Told me of an incident he was involved in. In a pub a girls aks him for a smoke, he obliges.
    her boy friend gets a bit stiff at this and accuses him of trying to get her away.
    He is then warned to back off, but no he takes a swing at the guy.
    Ends up in the arms of the security guy who knows the taxi driver.
    In court, fined GBP500 and as the taxi man told me he is trained in a number of martial arts but is advised only to use them in extreme circumstances
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As said my son son teaches it and had his own blog on the net or used to Some of it is still there if google as said. He has done it since age of about 14 and is now 56. His students come from various places in the community including military and police. The one he is very high up in is Dogo something or other , it is Japanese and the top ranking Is about 15 degrees the last time I spoke to him about it he had about 12 , the upper degrees only come from the Grand master in Japan and he often takes students and himself there to be examined , think in earlier times he did the karate and judo etc , but this branch includes weapons of certain types as well , as said it is open to view for those interested . All his kids he taught until they lost interest to the strict rules that have. To be observed ,like most martial arts it is a defensive weapon and should. be observed as such.Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 28th October 2022 at 08:01 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There was no clipping this boy behind the head for being naughty then John.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was never naughty Des ? Took after his old man polite well behaved and law abiding !!!##?? And always told the truth ?? I did my bit in his younger years when he showed an interest in copying me smoking , I gave him one, and on holiday in Yugoslavia did the same with the old vino. He never has drank and smoked since. I was never at home long enough during his juvenile years to teach him more good habits. He owes his up bringing mainly to his mother . It was me that got the clip behind the ears for interfering with his behavourial patterns as a youngster.
    However I like to think I wasn’t as bad as the fatherwho went to the hospital to see his newborn son , and when the nurse saw him asked had he any instructions on how to administer anything thinking maybe there was some religious themes he wanted, he took a hip flask out of his pocket and.stuck it in the babies mouth , clipped the baby behind the ear and said , now circumcise him.The nurse called the doctor to report his actions and the doctorcame and told the father off. The mans reply was , he’s my son and was making him Just like me, a bellyful of booze ,a bad head , and a sore penis. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was some time sent to my room for a number of reasons.
    Not sure what i did wrong as I spent more time there than out.
    Writing lines was my specialty, about 200 at a time.
    Carbonpaper made it a lot easier.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#15 At pre sea school the lines consisted of writing out the articles of the Prevention of collisions at sea , in 1952 there were 32 if remember correctly Rule. 9 and 15 were the two longest mainly about fishing vessels and especially Korean fishing vessels . So these two were the most used for disciplinary use to write out 50 or a hundred times each. I never had any trouble repeating them when up for examination. Some students had a thriving business going writing them out and selling to those in strife. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 29th October 2022 at 08:31 AM.
    R575129

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2