Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nurses

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Nurses

Those who follow the international news will no doubt notice that among other issues such as floods etc. The nurses in WA are going on strike. Whilst their cause brings a lot of sympathy it was a foregone fact that this would happen, as soon as Labour got in nationally.Most nurses take their vocation very seriously thank goodness, but they are not all Florence Nightingales as most of us like
    to think. The news papers instead of whipping up confusion should quantify the salary’s and working hours involved so as to make it more clear. And forget about trying to cause angst among the general public. As rabble rousers they are top of their profession , as to the truth of some of their statements I have my doubts. JS ..
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nurses

John.
    Most of the strikes by nurses in the Country [I can't comment on West Aus as I don't know the circumstances] are not over pay but ratios of nurses to patients and Drs to Patients, here there are some hospitals that have one night nurse to two wards, patients can't be looked after properly in those cases. Blacktown hospital has had four or five babies die over lack of midwives, who can you blame if there are not enough staff, the parents are blaming the hospitals, but think of the midwives mental state.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am all for the nurses getting better pay and ratios per patient sorted but have noticed over the many years that nurses have put in ambit claims that the bloody teachers then jump on board for the same. It happens every fecking time so hence nurses get dudded by the government so as they do not have to lift pays for teachers as well. It infuriates me because the teachers have much better conditions that nurses and besides that do not have rosters that the nurses have plus putting up with all the abuse and violence that they have to contend withs. Plus not the paid leave entitlements that teachers get every bloody year. Just hope that this time the powers that be just lift the ratios and pay for nurses and nurses alone
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What was shown on the media news here Des was a demand for 10% , plus what you say. It looked a very militant and organised gathering. Although we have a labour government Statewise they are standing fast on what they offered originally. Which I think Albaneezie ( or Take It Easy ) as I can see John in Oz christening him will fold and give in , after all the unions have a big say on his popularity. This will open the floodgates for other professions no doubt. So I predict the next couple of years are going to be fraught with discontented people, they are already getting in line , next one up is the airlines . The maritime unions as far as I know gave a lot away over the past few years , but they are no way as strong as they once were . Pleased I’m retired. Cheers JS.
    R575129

5. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back in the 80's it was a nurses strike here in Victoria that brought down the then state gov.
    Had my annual medical the other day and speaking with the nurse was confronting when she told me some 5000 have quit the industry since the Pandemic hit.
    Not easy to replace as the unis cannot get enough students at times to even fill their quota.
    As shew told me it is not just the wage but conditions they have to work under.
    Here in Victoria, it is a ratio of 1 to 4 patients, that is when there is a full staff total on duty.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How does one feel in hospital when owing to natural causes he has to ask one of those beautiful Florence Nightingales, not for a urinal bottle, but more embarrasingly for a bed pan.

Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    One thing Cheezies me off, The opposition MPs like Dutton keep popping o TV to criticise the present Govt, fair enough, but why the hell didn't they do these things when they were in office, that's only a few months ago.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

9. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des, here in Victoria the Labor gov has been in office for some 8 years.
    Only now with an erection due in 4 weeks are they saying they will fix the state health problems!!!!

Opposition saying similar.

For two years of the pandemic, we had no elective surgery in the state, as a result we now have an up to 3 year back log of waiting cases.
    Mainly because our premier failed to listen to the state chii health officer.

But one report says that all of Europe needs some 250,000 more nurses to fill all the available positions there.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They did not promise to lower electricity bills. Labour lied again to get in office.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John
    We have Longshanks in charge in NSW. talk about a pub with no beer, we have Ferry's that can't go under bridges with passengers on the top deck, and the wheelman can't see out of the wheelhouse windows. They are worse going across to Manly they are not very seaworthy so dangerous, tossed one bloke over the side in a slight storm, these were built in Korea, while the dockyards in Newcastle were idle. Now they have trains that are also dangerous that is why there is such a stink on the railways, also from Korea, while the train workshops are idle in NSW , and they are no cheaper, so far cost $billions .
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 2nd November 2022 at 02:13 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast