Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for punishment

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Suggestion for punishment

i knew an old workmate who had the birch on the isle of man when he was 15 he never got into any trouble again in his life it worked better than prison? think of the money keeping the dross out of prison i am all in favor of it? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I worked in the Magistrates Courts for a number of years and some decisions handed down were unbelievable.
    One young lad caught doing no good (can't remember the crime) was hauled before the bench, usual protestations from his lawyer. He was given slap on the wrist and 5 quid from public funds. One of the claims put forward by his brief was that he was never given pocket money.
    Vic
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Oz it is now so obvious that a greater majority of the people have mental issues.
    Go to court on nay charge and the first thing your brief will tell the court is that you have mental issues.
    But it works, the judges and magistrates take it into consideration, we have a roaring trade here in wet lettuce used to slap them on the wrist with.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

vic we have no law in this country a family member was getting beeten by his wife she was cruel evil for years his wife was nicked twice for the violance the police did nothing the courts did nothing he worked from 6am/10pm 5 days a week she was a drunk he went for help she smashed a dinner plate over his head one day he was cleaning the iron pan rack of the stove she grabbeb him by the back of his head well you turn around fast when that happend and the rack court her a small cut over her eye he was arested when the court case came up i said to him they can do nothing for ancident was i wrong he was banned from his house for 5 yes 5 years fined a total of 1000 pounds her brother said that he was going to fire the house a total lie and the fire brigade had to come and check the alarms i told him to get on to the fire brigade to give the dates if they came then the answer from them they could not under the data protection act it was his own data so that is the lawi wanted a judicial Review to get the magistrates sacked? that is a true story?????jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, there is law in this country but is the lawyer's that minuplate and plead their clients innocence that distorts the overall picture.
    Vic
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

vic they kept him till last the two clowns on the bench kept him till for an early Finnish i could not go with him that day i was having treatment i would have been arrested that day they may as well sent him down for 5 years bastards all faith in the law went out the window that day?jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a news. Clip on tv in WA at the moment causing all sorts of anti feeling against once again what they call child cruelty in a local prison for youths . It depicts a 14 year old being suppressed by 3 prison officers . How does one suppress a violent youth of 14.? My sympathy goes to the guards who are being depicted as the villains. One of whom was attacked . A big enquiry is once again being called by the over generous would be do goodies. My suggestion if it was ever put to the vote , which no doubt never will . Would bring back corporal and capital punishment , the farce has gone on long enough . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 15th November 2022 at 09:42 AM.
    R575129

9. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The children today cannot be touched or restrained in anyway, but many of them they don't seem to understand any rights for you not to be abused by them. I have ranted about the kids who know no rules or boundaries before, just remember they all are good at reproducing !!!
    R689823

11. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes vic mcclymont, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And someone wants to give 16 year olds the vote ? ?? JS
    R575129

13. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John you have more problems with the aboriginal youth than any other state, my suggestion would be to not put them in prison, but send them to the outback and tell the Elders to fix them, they brought them up, their job to put them right.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

15. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast