Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The 4 day week ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The 4 day week ?

Strange attitude for someone who earned a living at sea Thomas. Forcing people who have no seamanship skills into a dangerous situation.
    Would you be willing to load those who perished into body bags, even though some maybe children.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Strange attitude for someone who earned a living at sea Thomas. Forcing people who have no seamanship skills into a dangerous situation.
    Of course they have seamanship skills - they came by dinghy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Captain Smith also had seamanship skills , he still managed to drown over 1200 people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi ivan cloherty #63
    good evening, im glad you pointed out their seamanship skills, But in my hypothetical dream sequence i stated that i would have liked to see a big sea running with winds of 7/8 ssw, This was a subconciously thought out in my dream, because if i bore any animosity to these poor people then i would have dreamt of a wind against tide scenario which would have meant huge seas and i would not be able to launch them off the beach, but some people always tend to believe the worse,
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I blame the EU for the disasterous consequences of the situation of illegal Immigration. Many years ago when they had the effrontery to do away with European borders many on this sjte were against such and has proved they were correct. A blind man could have seen the consequences A true assessment if one was needed . Another hole in the head on the use of a European Parliament . Let Europe squabble amongst themselves they deserve each other. I know I was taken in by unscrupulous British politicians who put the uk in a position it found itself like a lot I believed it was just a trade agreement and the not the hand. Over of sovereignty of the future. The only sensible thing was to come out of other peoples gross errors of judgement.. if ever the present set up is ignored and go back to the EU stand by to become a bigger nonentity than ever when it comes under the control of past enemies who were faught in 2 world wars to retain that freedom and other like minded countries. )S
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 26th November 2022 at 12:36 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John the problem is if you let Europe squabble amongst themselves this has resulted in two world wars and many other conflicts such as the Croatia & Serbia. Russia & Ukraine if it really turns nasty could lead to a third world war.

Guess where Putin has well dialed in the coordinates for his first nuke attack and I do not think it will be Washington DC.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #66
    good evening, Agreed entirely about the immigration problem and who is ultimately responsible, not only for their crazy open door policy but also the german high commander angela merkel in showing the rest of europe of how she was in charge, By inviting over a million people to walk into europe with open arms, and when germany had chosen their quota they then ordered the rest of europe to take the rest of them,And like lemons they and this country did her bidding, But what is not popularly known is that the Queen of germany had already discussed the inviting of more refugees into europe with the head of the WEF at a G7 meeting and so just like today with thousands of illegals pouring into this country it is already been discussed and planned that we should like the rest of europe take our quota,
    as for this goverment and the labour party they have been more than happy to attend parliament each week and carry out europes agenda because they are drawing their salaries whilst not even having to think or do their job, They where just happy to recieve their orders from strasburg, this is why nothing is working or getting better since we left the EU , they cannot get anything right .
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 26th November 2022 at 07:51 PM.

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John 66, yes but at the time of joining care of the piano player we were never told the truth or anything like it.
    Like sheep to the slaughter we were lead convinced we would gain so much.
    Maybe we did, but in return had so much taken away.
    I was quite happy with bent cucumbers.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes Ivan Cloherty liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7