Thread: Tim Page RIP (25.5.1944 - 24.8.2022)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Tim Page RIP (25.5.1944 - 24.8.2022)

Tim Page, Photojournalist & Vietnam War Photographer dies at 78 (25.5.1944 - 24.8.2022)

I didn’t know or ever met him, but I have met a few of his fellow Vietnam era veteran war photographer mates and one of them, who actually just celebrated the 50th anniversary for his Pulitzer price winning photo a few weeks, is a good friend of mine and knew Tim personally. So this topic has been a bit on my mind the past few days.

Tim was quite a controversial figure as I was told, yet he was one of those who belonged to a special community and while there might have been many differences within that tight knit circle, I am sure that those of them still alive, when they heard the news, they all took a moment and wished him farewell.

Anyway, the reason I am actually posting this here, is because I found it quite a coincidence when I came across an article which mentioned:
    He was raised by a foster family after his merchant navy sailor father died in a submarine attack in the North Atlantic.
    Source: https://www.latimes.com/obituaries/s...-now-character

Tim Page was born in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, in Britain on May 25, 1944, the son of a British sailor who was killed in World War II. He was adopted and never knew his birth mother.
    Source: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/ti...8-4503552.html

It instantly got my attention, and it was something I previously wasn’t aware of, I thought I’d share.

Cheers

PS: @ Admins/Mods, I wasn't sure where to best post, pls move if another place would be more appropriate

2. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes J Gowers liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tim Page RIP (25.5.1944 - 24.8.2022)

Condolences to all the Family, and May Tim rest in Peace!
    Thank You
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530