Thread: New Zealand Coastal Shipping

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default New Zealand Coastal Shipping

Reported in this month's Sea Breezes. Maersk to launch coastal service in New Zealand. Two 2,550 TEU container vessels, Maersk Nadi and Maersk Nansha on a weekly basis. Ports served Timaru, Lyttelton, Nelson, Auckland and Tauranga. To operate with New Zealand crew.
    Bill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Zealand Coastal Shipping

I have worked 3 or 4 Maersk supply vessels in Australia Bill with the same conditions that the ships manned by Australians , they were also managed by Australian company’s on bareboat charters. I can see the same conditions returning here with the new government , as it was their litigation before that made the same rules. The only problem MAY be now that there is insufficient Australian seafarers for manning purposes. I would quite agree with going back to the old rules and good luck to them. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Zealand Coastal Shipping

#2 Louis might find this of interest as believe he spent some time with Maersk. .. Louis I was on the Maersk Lifter, Retriever, Supporter In 1996. Were you on any of them previous to this ? Picked them up in the graveyard of Singapore used as a last resort for ships on the spot market , brought them down to Oz and they worked with Ozzie crews on the NW Shelf. Cheers JS
    R575129

4. Likes N/A, Graham Payne, Denis O'Shea liked this post