Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New motoring laws for July

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New motoring laws for July

Best speed limiter in a car is your right foot. Like most modern cars mine has an onboard trip computer. In a 40 zone area I can average 54 mpg sticking to the limit, my wife averages 42 mpg guess which one of us has 3 points on the licence?

2. Likes Doc Vernon, Frank Thorp, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Best speed limiter in a car is your right foot. Like most modern cars mine has an onboard trip computer. In a 40 zone area I can average 54 mpg sticking to the limit, my wife averages 42 mpg guess which one of us has 3 points on the licence?
    i got caught speeding last week the cop asked why were you driving at 80 miles per hour in a seventy zone .....i said well officer i was going from yorkshire to south shields where i was born.... some.82 years ago ....i have a bit of alzhiemers .....and i wanted to get there before i forgot where i was going........R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#12 Good job you didnt tell him you were trying to get to the Mechanics before they pulled it down , otherwise he would of had you for over the limit in advance and wouldnt of bothered breathalizing you. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #12 Good job you didnt tell him you were trying to get to the Mechanics before they pulled it down , otherwise he would of had you for over the limit in advance and wouldnt of bothered breathalizing you. JS
    was up in the canny place yesterday john .....we are very proud that the sunday times has stated shields beach the best beach in the country .....R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My own car is an MG ZS bought in 2020, so is a proper car. Have just been to Tasmania and had a new hire car, a Kia Carnival fitted with don't change lane technology which I found scouldbe dangerous, as when you had 2 or more lanes and needed to change lanes, the steering tried to stop you, so in true MN fashikon, told it to get stuffed and did my own thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As this is the nearest subject going at the moment re petrol or Diesel engines and there is a lot mediawise about the advantages re- electric motors as regards climate change.Many think that such is a new invention ... In 1980 and don’t know how many years before , working for the Navy the SBS and other Special Forces groups used small attack boats where the outboard engines were battery operated , which allowed them to sneak up on you unannounced and slit your throat. I often wondered why boatees didn’t follow through with the battery operated outboards rather than have to listen to the decibels of petrol driven engines . JS
    R575129

8. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#15. I have a Hyundai which goes beep beep if a car comes too close and if you go over a white line , it’s the wife’s car and scares the living. Daylights out of me. Lights come on automatically and still haven’t learnt what else it does. Usually sit there as a terrified passenger. JS.
    R575129

10. Likes Denis O'Shea, Bill Morrison liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2