Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No confidence

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default No confidence

It has just been announced that enough votes for a vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson has been reached. So a week of turmoil in the UK it seems. kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: No confidence

I have little doubt boris will find his way through .....main reason there is no opposition with any standing .....and he is like the proverbial coconut on the shy ..knock him down and up he gets .....bit like churchill after world war one ......hated ferocially.....by millions ......but got up and carried the country through ......oops waiting for incoming now ......it does appear the opposition are mainly the remainers ....time will tell ....cappy R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From what I have read in the newspapers, this vote of no confidence is not about partygate, its about the EU. The rebels at arch remainders and at at odds about our leaving.
    One of the so called rebels wants the UK to rejoin the single market, the slippy so to rejoining.
    I hope Boris wins and smashes the rebels.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I expect The Clown will win a no confidence vote, Tory whips persuading and threatening MP's to vote for him before the decision at 1800.
    There is no one with any credibility to replace him, they are all as useless as him. Even if he survives he will be seen as damaged goods, the only priority for Tory MP's is self survival at the next election. As his look alike, Trump, found lies are not enough to stay in high office.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    I expect The Clown will win a no confidence vote, Tory whips persuading and threatening MP's to vote for him before the decision at 1800.
    There is no one with any credibility to replace him, they are all as useless as him. Even if he survives he will be seen as damaged goods, the only priority for Tory MP's is self survival at the next election. As his look alike, Trump, found lies are not enough to stay in high office.
    Oops sorry it appears your vitriolic retort .....shows your angst louis... chill out but you have a saving grace ....your RMT UNION has stopped 2 million workers getting to work on time....a bloody national disgrace while the mayor of london sadiq khan ses nothing ...corbyn was the last chance for labour ...who could possibly vote for steer calmer or suppose you could bring back bliar..... cappy R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why do MP's use the term, my right honourable friend, especially when they are lying through their teeth as has been seen time and time again. Thankfully those in the know let the Queen & good citizens of the UK enjoy the Jubilee.It would appear the numbers required to ballot the PM were already in before the weekend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

British Prime Minister Johnson survives no confidence vote.

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Keith
    WE got rid of ours, he is now in hiding somewhere.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I say the following without any bias as an ex Pom looking in from afar.

Number 10 and 11 Downing street provide some accommodation for the PM and the nations Treasurer, small apartments in large buildings, very large gardens at the back and patrolled by armed police.

The majority of the buildings house some of the nations top civil servants.
    These are the people who keep the nation running, govs come and go, but they remain as the stable side of the equation,

Party gate was 100% wrong, no doubt about that at the time it took place.

But I have worked as a contractor to the British Public Service at the head office of the inland revenue.

From my observations public servants report to no one, they do as they wish with no recriminations.

Boris was at the time at home and I am sure the Public Servants at the time considered what they were doing as just an end of day drink. Typical of them.

But, as was the case here in Oz though not reported by the state or feral gov, a number of ordinary households held such parties at a time when the nation was locked down.
    The majority of the people did the right thing, but as is always the case there are those to whom the rules do not mean anything.

As to the vote of no confidence being about the EU then those who brought the vote on that basis should all resign.
    It was the people who voted to leave, not the gov. Boris did as any PM should, he carried out the wishes of the people.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i always think of the good things he has done for the country and fool or not he has had alot on his plate the last few years for some time we had doctors telling us and taking their advice but government got slated for that people got paid for staying at home most countries never? then out of europe i bet most that went against him were remainers with nothing to loose ? jp

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast