Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Another school shooting

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Another school shooting

Another sad day in the US, another mass shooting at an infants school in Texas, by a madman. I believe that there have been over 21,thousand shooting deaths in the States since Jan, probably more by the time you read this. if they keep it up there will be no one left.
    The Governor of Texas intends to attend not the funerals but the Meeting of the massive gun lobby along with Trump which both wholeheartedly supports. Sad really. And the President worries about what is happening in a Country the other side of the world.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Another school shooting

A problem that may never be solved, killing other people for no reason is almost a USA pass time.
    How to stop it, very difficult with some states wanting guns gone other say keep them.
    A madness comes over some at times, what other explanation can there be.
    I did hear after the police shot him he was taken to the morgue for interview.

The NRA has so much power I do not see any easy way out of this one.

As to sleepy Joe, even less that he can do.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

its far to late the weapons are already in the public by the million we have freinds who have just come back from living in texas 40 years out there but they said its a very dangerous place to live so they sold up and came back to liverpool. in texas lots of stores you can come out like rambo? i can understand some states have animals that will kill you but not all states so it will be the next nutter that kills and we will have the same questions all over again? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did I hear on the news yesterday there are now more guns in public ownership America than people. A good start at gun regulation would be that the sale of automatic weapons is banned and that mulitple gun ownership is also banned. Why would an individual want to own a small arsenal??
    Some may find this article interesting.

https://aboutusa.org/law/gun-control...-constitution/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't agree with civilians being able to purchase automatic weapons with only very minor checks being made upon them but the right to bear arms is written into the American constitution so it's never going to change. What I cannot understand is the society that breeds these individuals that go on to murder innocent children.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am an American, I do not own a gun, I have never owned a gun and I don't want a gun. Only two people in my circle own guns. There are enough guns sadly in my country for every man woman and child to own one point four guns per human regardless of age. I own none, my son owns seven, he also has a license to carry a gun...but I have made it quite clear he does not carry one in my house when he visits.

Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett, heroes of American history, fired flintlocks, with a single lead ball and fed their family. I don't hunt, but I do not begrudge hunters their sport, I just don't see using a military style weapon and being able to extend a magazine to hold thirty or more bullets. I love to flyfish, but I have no desire to use dynamite to catch a whole school of fish and feed the street.

I am not in agreement to ban hunting or return to the weapons of Messrs. Boone and Crockett. But I am in favor of sensible gun laws

If I felt so threatened that I had to have a gun for protection, let alone a military weapon, I would have to move.

Sadly, I cannot see any changes coming.

Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Rod.
    My first trip to sea was to Galveston, on going ashore with the other deck boy we were directed by the guard on the gate to had towards the seaside area as there was shooting up in some part of the town, so I guess that it has always been.
    I have noticed that there are a lot of Americans now moving to Aus, maybe they feel their children would be safer here, I hope so.
    Cheers Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#6 Rodney although America always seems to be the country which has the most violence in the civilian population and there has to be something or someone to blame in any disaster, it is not only America which suffers from this insanity. Nearly every country in the world has outbreaks of insanity at various times and Australia is not excempt. If there are no guns or restrictions placed on them, then knives are the obvious choice , firearms are always available to the criminal legal or illegal mindset. During my childhood although like others was brought up during the war years there were less criminal murders in the civilian population than what there is today .The next generation following us were brought up where war and killing was brought up on cinema screens as right fighting wrong according to the inclination of the producer ,it was a pure entertainment media. Lack of morals and censorship of scenes of glorious death was and is what the younger generations are getting for their breakfast. Dinner and tea ,and this is part of the problem , and certainly the lack of discipline by their parents, a lot of which has been taken out of their parents hands by other stupid people making stupid laws which were and are unecceassaary. America is not the only country going through these unmentionable acts of disgraceful behaviour of people who should be in mental institutions at the very least. Your country is a great country and certainly doesn’t deserve to have such happening at anytime , but shows no signs of abating. America leads the world in most aspects of living and the greatest danger now is the copycat actions which are most likely to follow in other parts of the world by mentally unstable people . Sorry for your unreplaceable losses . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 28th May 2022 at 01:16 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did read that gun ownership in Switzerland is the highest of any country.

Here in Oz we had a nutter down in Tassie who set a world record for shooting people in one go.
    But the PM of the day did bring in new tough laws which has seen a very dramatic fall in killings of that nature.

But no matter what regulations in place there will still be those who will kill by any means.

In London in 2019, in the first six months of that year there had been 90 murders in London, all with a knife.
    So what to do?
    From what I can se there is little anyone can do as long as guns are manufactured somewhere in the world.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i watched the captain of police break down in his interview very sad situation trying to have a plan on the killer there was enough warning on line that he was not a full shilling why did not one of his friends say something to police his freinds called him the school shooter? that was his nickname to them. the guns are already out on the streets its to late and the horror of laying to rest more children will happen again sad but true it should be made a lot harder to own a firearm from day one may all those poor children innocent children rest in peace? jp

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast