Thread: The Western Australia Newspaper.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The Western Australia Newspaper.

Today sitting in an easy chair listening to my wife spouting out the headlines of the mentioned paper, she says I didn’t know Mark McGowan ( our premier was 84) ? He isn’t I said more like 54. She read on and said oh no he isn’t this is a false headline and supposedly funny rhetoric of a headline in 22052 about the border just being opened on February 5 th. Of that year. I have not read this paper today and don’t know if I will bother , as have got the crossword out , and no need to read the bumf.
    But I would just like to say whilst I have no wish to discuss party political tripe, I will continue to vote for this man. He is the only premier and that includes the P.M. who has persistently stuck by his guns and shown more regard for the safety of life than all the other Premiers put together. His first thought is what the master of any ship, the chief of any hospital, the general of any army, the admiral of any navy and the head of any country must consistently be his very first objective and that is the safety of human life.
    If the Western Australian Newspaper thinks that printing such made up stories are going to keep them in business until 22054 they may wish to reconsider their options in life.
    I can’t repeat any of such twaddle as haven’t read and don’t suppose I will. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 5th February 2022 at 03:35 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Western Australia Newspaper.

Yes John, he has supposedly saved lives by the closure of the border.
    But what happens when it is opened, how will he manage then.

Our premier, dictator Dan, also closed the borders, put in place some of the harshest lock down rules, curfews for over nine months in total.
    Result, over 800 died in nursing homes.

This 'Captain' rather than following the other premiers did not take the federal offer of using the ADF to police the quarantine hotels in use.
    No he handed the job to 'Wilsons' the car park managers who in turn outsourced to another 'cowboy' outfit.

The result, the people in quarantine were allowed out top go shopping, guards getting their leg over with clients but when it came to a public enquiry into it no member of gov, or public servant could recall who ordered the contract for the guards.

So the good ship Victoria went down just like so many other ships.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those same Wilson’s car park people if the same company are also over here .i was fined $80 for putting the wrong registration in the meter, I stood by and waited for the attendant to explain I had put my own number in but was driving my wife’s car. Too late was his reply I’ve already logged you in to head office. When the fine came in from the Fremantle council they said similar. So I told them in no uncertain terms I would inform everyone I knew not to take their car to Fremantle , made no difference though , Wilson’s is a dirty word as far as I am concerned .JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John S
    If I was him I would let it all Rip, like our Premier Parrot, no sweat, in Cooma there were three Covid cases all contained, until the Parrot took the flags out of the sand, now there have been deaths down here and Omicron is spreading fast. Like the Anti Vaxxer Tarot Reader up the coast, who thought she saw it all , she died yesterday after fighting Covid in Hospital since Xmas Day, wonder what her followers will think now.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des I’m a lot easier in my mind now as both wife and self vaccinated were Ive even been done thrice one over the odds or required. There are still many holding back here , if they only knew it they are the cause of the borders being closed , if everyone was done there would be no excuse to close them. Even though vaxxed as we are all aware there is no way of being excused the possible catching . But does cut down the odds. My biggest problem was getting proof of vaccination which if not computer literate is hard for elderly people. What should have been done in aftersight was to issue the little vax books signed by the vaccinator and kept up to date which we used to have. We lived in better times more common sense in the old days. Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 5th February 2022 at 06:15 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Those same Wilson’s car park people if the same company are also over here .i was fined $80 for putting the wrong registration in the meter, I stood by and waited for the attendant to explain I had put my own number in but was driving my wife’s car. Too late was his reply I’ve already logged you in to head office. When the fine came in from the Fremantle council they said similar. So I told them in no uncertain terms I would inform everyone I knew not to take their car to Fremantle , made no difference though , Wilson’s is a dirty word as far as I am concerned .JS
    I think they'd lock Granny in the toilet and take of with her pension book if they thought they could get away with it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    We had the little booklet that they gave you when vaccinated but no one would accept it, so had to get a big paper one from Medicare, now no one bothers, if there is a book to sing I do but not all places do that. AS you say better safe than sorry in my cards.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

9. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#7 I had to get a friend to get them off my computer , as said Dopey one of the seven dwarfs would know more about computers than me, as well as looking like me. Being Dopey however I could always plead ignorance of what a double bottom is , and not finish up like Ivan twisting and turning in small spaces . Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have the little boo with all my vaccinations in it, no good they say need a certificate.

The other day pressed the wrong key on the phone and International certificate came up, no good mate I was told need the real one,
    When I explained that it is the real one he told me he had not seen one before!!!!

As to Wilsons!!!!!!!

For many years I was a volunteer medical driver for the local Community Health center.
    Taking clients to hospital appointments.

At that time most did their own car parking so turn up and be told sorry car park full, show your volunteer badge.
    OK mate park over there and leave the keys in.
    Come back after the appointment and you would be shown where the car is now, no charge for voluteers, though the client actually pays not you.

The Wilsons took over, that was the end of that.

It was Wilsons who got the hotel quarantine guard contract then sourced it out.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post