Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The International Express.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The International Express.

Feeding frenzy for the media is the way they go on most subjects.

Here in Oz wed are treated each day by the Always Biased Broadcaster to the 'figures' how many have got it, how many in hospital, how many in ICU, how many died.
    They turn a every day event now into a major production, time to turn off.

Trial by media, the Joker was tried, found not guilty, guilty by who knows how many lawyers brought in by the media.

In reality there is now no such thing as news, what there is put simply is a story around a fact but put out by a publicity seeking bunch of parasites.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This weeks International Express follows on the lines of #1 with no further news , if anything even less than the original. But almost identical in the wording. So unless the British press has more in about it , no one is any the wiser here. JS

As regards the media or tv news has more on it about the Ravings of the President of the Slavic country that the barred tennis player comes from . Which bear a strong resemblance of the ravings of the infamous German Chancellor of the 30s and 40s of the beer halls in Nazi Germany. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 17th January 2022 at 11:24 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #30
    good morning, no doubt you will know already that the newspaper owner was rupert murdoch and his wife wendi deng was tony blairs bit on the side, What is more surprising is that the sun newspaper owned by rupert murdoch employs the ex communications director of boris johnson as the editor, a ex civil servant by the name of james slack whom was not only at the party or parties but has some input in organising them, the old saying about running with the hare and the hounds come immediately to mind.
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 17th January 2022 at 11:44 AM.

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Extract in full from the weekly International Express 13 -19 January 2022.
    One million back call to strip Blair of his knighthood.
    A petition to have the knighthood of former prime minister Tony Blair “ rescinded “ now has 1 million backers.
    The Change .org campaign hit the figure on Friday after branding the ex- Labour leader a War Criminal.
    Sir Tony , who led the Labour to victory in 1997 and was in No. 10 for a decade, has become a hate figure for many for leading the UK into war with Iraq in 2003. A statement accompanying the petition said; “ Tony Blair caused irreparable damage to both the constitution of the UK and to the very fabric of the Nation’s Society .
    He was personally responsible for causing the death of countless innocent civilian lives and servicemen in various conflicts. For this alone he should be held accountable for war crimes. Tony Blair is the least deserving person of any public honour ,particularly anything awarded by Her Majesty the Queen. We petition the Prime Minister to petition Her Majesty to have this honour removed.
    Former prime ministers are usually knighted eventually. But current Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said Boris Johnson would not have earned the right of a knighthood after he leaves office .
    However Sir Keir insisted his predecessor had earned his knighthood as he made Britain a better country.

Some of the apostrophes are missing only. Otherwise. Word for word and as far as I am aware the 2 reports from this paper is the only news reaching this populace of the British Commonwealth in this part of the world. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 17th January 2022 at 12:37 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My question, how did he make the UK a better place??

Illegals all over the nation, electricity prices in free fall upwards, rampant inflation, thousands homeless etc, etc.

Yes other countries have similar problems but do they say things are better?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was out of England when he was in John, but remember some of the reports on his behaviour and his and wife’s bad manner towards the monarchy. Also some of the reported agreements he sold the UK into with the big bad E.U. Whether true or not his whole demeanour put me off. His wife was here in WA at one time and passed her at arms length in the Fremantle maritime museum probably on a free holiday at others expense. That is the closest that came to them , but base my dislike on reports that I read. If these reports were only half true would be sufficient reason not for him to receive any honours and have believed since 2003 that is the reason why he hadn’t received any. For him to receive at this late date shows me collusion in the fact that he now wants to let bygones be bygones and will have to come out who proposed him , and what intention the proposer had ? JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, as a member of an order you fully understand that to be awarded you must be of a certain character and free of inflictions.
    I do not consider any PM to fit such a bill, so there should be no such award for ex PM.
    It should be reserved for those who do good only, or offer some special service to the public.
    From what i have read about him he does not fit in any where.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That’s not the way the Honours system works John. It is only since the end of WW 1 that Joe Bloggs has been able to achieve entry into this band of chosen upper crust members of society. There has been in the past the likes of various commoners losing their awards for the likes of diddling on their tax returns. Believe one of our well known jockeys suffered this humiliation. There have been others. By the same token there is a well known author sitting in the House of Lords today with a police record for loitering with intent picking up prostitutes. The UK is still a land of well hidden class barriers . The advantage that many see of being in the Honours system is that ones name is kept in perpetuality plus ones history if necessary in the archives of the Lord Chancellors office for any future reference. Many of those in power like politicians see this as the real honour long after they are gone as leaving their mark in the history books. Those doing family trees on this site who had a relative in the Honours system the Lord Chancellors office would be the office to go to for relevant information. However I don’t know how easy or how hard it would be to get them to open up. When one receives an honour one is obliged to keep this office informed of your contact address at all times , this was the case during my time , however this may no longer be in vogue because I received no reply to my last change of residence. When TB was in the chair he was accused of selling the honours to foreigners and his excuse was that they were putting money into the Labour Party war chest or words to that effect. To me it is blasphemous that he has now sought and received one. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th January 2022 at 06:56 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It was Lester Piggot who had his award removed for tax evasion.
    But often wonder how some do get an award.

Closest I ever got was being put up for citizen of the year where we live,'
    It was as a result of my volunteer work at the local Community Health Center, I came in the top three only.
    But I was more than satisfied to know that my efforts had been acknowleged, to me that was as good as any award.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks Dennis McGuckin thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Again from the International Express of the 12 January. 2022.
    Titled the Major failings of Tony Blair.
    The controversy over Tony Blair’s knighthood focuses perhaps inevitably on the war in Iraq but what about the damage he did at home with the destruction of the occupational pensions sector and the discord sown through devolution ? The nonsense of four different health policies , with their concomitant scope for political posturing , during the pandemic has served only to emphasise the disunited nature of the United Kingdom.
    Before anyone counters with the observation it was Blair who negotiated with the Good Friday for Northern Ireland , let me point out what our Tony resolutely refuses to acknowledge : John Major started the peace process by doing what his predecessor had always refused to do and talking to the IRA , an act of enormous political courage.

From the same paper with the only news for down under unless in the Eastern states has further news in their papers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 22nd January 2022 at 12:32 PM.
    R575129

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4