Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The International Express.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The International Express.

Doesn’t Parliament itself have its own bar with subsidised booze for those hard pressed pollies ? JS

Do the English pubs still have that old habit of just filling your old pint glass up. ? Or have they got round by using a fresh glass for every drink ? JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 15th January 2022 at 10:11 PM.
    R575129

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#18. A couple of hundred years before Charles the first Graham if you go into the history books and the Bible the best history book going , you may find the few following words relating to a Knight Templar one Simon of Syracuse who violated his trust to the infidels.They although they profited by the treason , despised the traitor and caused his head to be struck off and sent to ### ########### ##. ### #######. ####### , who ordered it to be placed on the point of a pinnacle or spire , the skull to be laid open and the brain exposed to the scorching rays of the sun, as a warning to all others. Today when knighthoods are handed out ad lib I wonder how many would accept if they knew the penalty of treason. Some have apparently already committed similar acts before being knighted. I can see your point re the media and have held similar views for years as to their integrity let alone their truthfulness. Cheers JS

Have just tried googling Simon of Syracuse and is all there , no need of me to have #### d. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 16th January 2022 at 02:54 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Used to be 'Woe is me! woe is me' John, now its 'woke is me! woke is me' Lots of people are trying to ban the use of everyday words appearing in dictionaries, works of reference, bible etc. MacDonalds (of sawdust meat fame) even tried at one time to stop other people using the word Macdonalds in their trade names, upset a few McDonalds and MacDonalds in Ireland and Scotland, they lost of course

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan if your referring to the ### I put them there for my own pleasure and if you look on Google you will see they stand for the Grand master of the Knights Templar. I am obligated not to cast aspersions on this Order being a member myself . As it is there on the internet for all to see in any case , it is pointless my trying to be discreet. If I had had the foresight I would of looked up beforehand and just reprinted it as shown on google . Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Used to be 'Woe is me! woe is me' John, now its 'woke is me! woke is me' Lots of people are trying to ban the use of everyday words appearing in dictionaries, works of reference, bible etc. MacDonalds (of sawdust meat fame) even tried at one time to stop other people using the word Macdonalds in their trade names, upset a few McDonalds and MacDonalds in Ireland and Scotland, they lost of course
    a local chip shop owned by a gentleman called Hari Ramadan, was forced to change the name of his shop because of the close similarity to Harry Ramsdens. The nearest HR chippy was 7 miles away on a huge retail park where I doubt very much that their business was influenced by a very small shop 7 miles away

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With a name like that he wouldn’t do much business during daylight hours during Ramadan times in any case , what did he change it to Smith , would of maybe got the crisp people after him then . Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John your #21 yes the polis do have a bar with cheap ale. the reuse of glasses was banned when aids first showed up and pubs had to get these posh glass washers and tea towels for drying gasses went also.

9. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des, it's Mum, not Gran. "The third child and second son of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh"

Bob

11. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Yachtsman.
    As my wife very forcibly told me last night. he is her youngest. I have seen so many Royals in my time I get confused as to who is who in the zoo.
    Des

- - - Updated - - -

If they want to calm the press down why don't they give Murdock a Knighthood, make him a Duke, that way he may buy all the papers and stop it dead.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

wasnt it his wife or one of them that TB. Ran off with. That would cause a bit of excitement if the both finished up in the House of Lords where the most Honourable of the Honourable are supposed to reside. JS
    R575129

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast