Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The International Express.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The International Express.

Had all this happened a couple of centuries ago it would have been off to the Tower and off with his head.

But we are a bit more civilised now so I am informed.

But as to ALL polis no matter which side they come from all are interested in their own fortune very often via the fortunes of their electorates.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ah but come on John , look at all the titles that have been given out to tennis players and actors taking the part of James Bond , what a load of rubbish , but to crown it all if that is the correct word to give the highest honour possible to a Spiv who did more harm to his country by trying his best to sell off the honours he is now grabbing takes the biscuit. He is a good counterpart to Lord Haw Haw ( William Joyce) in fact WJ was a more honest man than he will ever be. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi John.
    According to the news here, and you must realise the distance between West Aus and Sydney, is that the paedophile assistant has been stripped of his royal title as well as his army titles.,

Des
    Whilst I am no fan of Prince Andrew (I think he's a boor and a prat) but I always believe a person is innocent until proved guilty in a matter of law. He is very guilty of being a fool in not realising that he was being used as a publicity stunt by his 'friends?' (who needs enemies) and the young lady in question in all the photos I have seen seems remarkably relaxed and smiling and not at all perturbed when in his company, however her US$ 0.5 million received earlier for an out of court settlement must be dwindling fast with lawyers fees, and her statement 'it's not about the money anymore' may possibly be more than a slight deviation from the truth. But in all honesty I'm not bothered one way or the other, but I feel sympathy for the Queen with being burdened with such a bunch of family idiots at her time of life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

agree there ivan but wonder how many on this site would have turned that freeby down ....what with harry and andrew the queen must be at her age much beleagured.....pity mountbatten wasnt there to help.....but such is life .....R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I also could not care less about Andrew, he is a totally arrogant pratt as far as i am concerned, apart from the Queen who has done a marvellous job, there are too many hangers on to the HRH rank, and i would like to see the whole lot reduced down to a sensible system.there are grace and favour apartments, cousins etc etc all trading on the royal name.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#15 Keith I was in Portsmouth on the return of the fleet from the Falklands , and had a good mix with lots of people who had contact with the same , and most thought along the same lines as yourself. I won’t repeat . JS
    As regards the Queen she is a 92 year old woman 10 years older than my wife who is already showing signs of forgetfullness even an old beggar like me can notice that. The Queen should have loyal people around her at the moment who are going to give her good advice and not to make any mistakes that others will use against the monarchy.
    Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Whilst I am no fan of Prince Andrew (I think he's a boor and a prat) but I always believe a person is innocent until proved guilty in a matter of law. He is very guilty of being a fool in not realising that he was being used as a publicity stunt by his 'friends?' (who needs enemies) and the young lady in question in all the photos I have seen seems remarkably relaxed and smiling and not at all perturbed when in his company, however her US$ 0.5 million received earlier for an out of court settlement must be dwindling fast with lawyers fees, and her statement 'it's not about the money anymore' may possibly be more than a slight deviation from the truth. But in all honesty I'm not bothered one way or the other, but I feel sympathy for the Queen with being burdened with such a bunch of family idiots at her time of life.
    I agree, she lapped it up apparently, encouraging her friends to join in also. If she spins this out long enough she will not only rake it in from Andy but also from selling her story to the press/ movies / book, I could even see "royalties" from selling various commemorative goods. I can just imagine the script on a mug or tee shirt but wont publish here as I am going to register the copyright and make a few bucks myself.

9. Likes Denis O'Shea, thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unhappy Re: The International Express.

I am just dismayed generally at the UK and other world media,but especially the UK media.I am not condoning the actions,real or alleged of Prince Andrew or Boris Johnson,but the Press are baying for blood,like a pack of hounds tearing apart their preyed upon fox,all eager to get a taste of blood.They are all doing it,on TV,on Radio,in the Press ,and thus of course helping to fuel animosity to Royalty and the Tory Party.This is a feeding frenzy . They are all jumping on the bandwagon,eager to 'eviscerate' the seriously damaged party.This is what happened to Charles 1st in 1649 when his severed head was thrown into the crowd for soldiers and others to drip their hankies in his blood and cut off locks of his hair.
    I must say recently,although never being a big fan of the media, I have changed my opinion , and in a bad way,of certain news presenters and journos for their forceful reporting and reaction to events -truly designed to provoke a feeding frenzy.
    Also the time of 'innocent until proven guilty' are well and truly dead and buried-- now it is automatically guilty until proved otherwise. Trial by media.
    And many people today,media followers, have that what I call that rapidly mutating gene, symptoms which include 'wokism' and OSM (Obsession with Social Media) seemingly promoting a sheep-following stupidity-a worse disease than the spread of Covid... in my humble opinion.

What a world !
    Reader.gif

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is interesting Starmer and Raynor allegedly attended a drinks do at or after a constituency meeting during lockdown.
    Starmer uses the same excuse as Boris it was a working meeting,even though he accuse Boris of breaking the rules for the same reason.
    Our great Bash Boris Corporation has not got the decency to to report the fact that Stammer and his deputy broke the rules.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 15th January 2022 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    It is interesting Starmer and Raynor allegedly attended a drinks do at or after a constituency meeting during lockdown.
    Starmer uses the same excuse as Boris it was a working meeting,even though he accuse Boris of breaking the rules for the same reason.
    Our great Bash Boris Corporation has not got the decency to to report the fact that Stammer and his deputy broke the rules.
    Vic
    Never had any booze at any business meeting I ever attended.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast