Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: child murder

Patagual....just inland from Coronel, Chile.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: child murder

Over the years, I have commented on many sites my opinion regarding the death penalty. I will state here categorically that it should be reinstated: In my opinion.
    "The Death Penalty has no place in a civilised society"....so the objectors say.... to which I respond with: "We don't live in a civilised society, bring it back!"

Every debate I have joined in, someone, somewhere has come up with that old chestnut: "What if the accused is actually innocent?" It's a good point. And I am extremely mindful of the miscarriages of justice that have occurred in the past. The shocking cases of Peter Bentley. Stefan Kiszko (and his poor mother) The Guildford Four etc etc.
    These cases were extremely sad and the result of corrupt Police procedures (And a home Office Pathologist, in the case of Stefan.) fabricating evidence/obscuring evidence.
    However, given the advances in forensic science & DNA testing...there is no longer that same risk. It is still a risk...because corrupt people exist at every level:BUT. The need to fabricate evidence is no longer a factor: The evidence on the guilty WILL be found.
    Let us remind ourselves that it was these advances that captured Ronald Castree, the real killer of Lesley Molseed and the sender of those malicious letters & a tape to the Yorkshire Ripper investigators, "Wearside Jack" (Which directly lead to the murders of a further three women.) Both were trapped by modern DNA testing.
    Sadly, for Stefan, his mother, and three women...it was all too late.
    Let us remember too: Stefan was further condemned by false testimony from three young girls.....What kind of a society have we where young people are so easily led into such behaviour?
    My view is clear: The Death Penalty should be reinstated for such crimes, such as this recent case of the six-year boy, the "policeman" who kidnapped & murdered a young woman.... These 'people', to name but two, have failed as human beings. They no longer should be breathing the same air as the rest of society, because society would be improved by their removal.
    First Degree Murder: First Degree Punishment.

(Incidentally: Another argument I have heard against the Death Penalty is that "it costs more to execute someone than to keep them in prison." Well, I treat that argument with the contempt it so richly deserves: It is not about "cost" it is about Justice. Justice for the victims & their loved ones. Justice for society.
    Because with the Death Penalty, we DO have a deterrent: How many innocent people would be alive today, living their lives, instead of lying in a graveyard?)
    Last edited by Steve Singleton; 8th December 2021 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well said, Mike.
    My thoughts exactly: "How many innocent people would still be alive today, had we NOT abolished the DP?" Of, course we will never know.
    But if the Death Penalty was still in force, I would suggest tens of hundreds, if not thousands of people, would be enjoying their lives with their loved ones. TODAY!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With all due respect, David.... Albert Pierrepoint lived in a very much different world than the one we find ourselves in today. The advances of forensic science & DNA testing will prove beyond all doubt, (not simply "reasonable doubt") that the accused is guilty. Without that evidence, they would not even be accused. Mmm?
    And do you not think that we are sliding towards a society here in the UK (And elsewhere) to what you witnessed in Nairobi? (And very recently in Pakistan.)(Religion-based mob justice)
    That is what we need to address: Proper, legal justice for the victims and their families....and for a better society as a whole.
    First Degree Murder = First Degree Punishment.

(BTW: How many of Pierrepoints criminals were the result of the Nuremberg War Trials?
    I take the view that Mr.Pierrepoint was getting rather philosophical towards the end of his life. Maybe as he prepared to meet his maker!)

4. Likes Mike Hewitt, N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would be happy to throw the rope over the bloody lamp post.

6. Likes Captain Kong, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Neither did i Ivan and thats my whole point. We sat on our backsides and allowed minority groups to persuade politicians to abolish it. we are still doing exactly the same thing nowadays. Minority groups are still running the show. At this very moment we the ones who never do anything should be the ones outnumbering the ones outside parliament or on the cliffs of Dover stopping all this illegal entry nonsense . But we won't unfortunately and things will just progress down the path that we are now destined to take.

- - - Updated - - -

And that is the way we are heading David with the influx of Islamics its only a matter of a few generations given birthrates before the country is in a position of accepting Islamic law.

8. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hewitt View Post
    Neither did i Ivan and thats my whole point. We sat on our backsides
    Alas my backside for many years was in another part of the world, missed many local and national elections on my 22 month, 10 month trips, voting by proxy wasn't an option, mail used to take three months to get home at times, an international phone call was a months salary and 48/72 hours notice, sometimes you sailed before you got a connection. So guilty by absenteeism I suppose!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Many countries in the world still have the death penalty and that is their choice by right. The countries that don’t like our own, the so called guardians of moral practices hold these countries up to disdain. They want to mind their own business shut their gobs and keep their so called good deeds to themselves . We survived without their advice and will do again in the future. I am all for corporal and capital punishment and don’t care whose toes I stand on. If people do not stand up and say what they believe in, be it digestible or indigestible to others then the runners of a country are going to do what they want. The only difference between democracy and a dictatorship is that one fact, that within reason the man on the street does have that choice to speak his mind.In truth the working man is the power in any country he is the producer of the needed goods of survival and not the profiteer
    JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 8th December 2021 at 11:02 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Angry Re: child murder

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Many countries in the world still have the death penalty and that is their choice by right. The countries that don’t like our own, the so called guardians of moral practices hold these countries up to disdain. They want to mind their own business shut their gobs and keep their so called good deeds to themselves . We survived without their advice and will do again in the future. I am all for corporal and capital punishment and don’t care whose toes I stand on. If people do not stand up and say what they believe in, be it digestible or indigestible to others then the runners of a country are going to do what they want. The only difference between democracy and a dictatorship is that one fact, that within reason the man on the street does have that choice to speak his mind.In truth the working man is the power in any country he is the producer of the needed goods of survival and not the profiteer
    JS
    I quite agree with your observations there.... Even Elvis Presley was moved to suggest: "Clean up your own backyard" in response to US Politicians Meddling abroad.
    Here in Chile, this week saw the anniversary of the death of the "Dictator" Pinochet...which at the time saw outpourings of Glee & also of great Grief.... 50-50...some observers say.
    (Similar scenes in the UK greeted the news of the death of Mrs. Thatcher.....If you care to recall.)
    To many in Chile....Pinochet was the medicine needed to cure the illness... (a phrase used by Mrs.T, if I recall correctly.) who many will say prevented Chile from becoming another "Venezuela" or Cuba.....And Nixon demanded action. The rest is history....and freely available elsewhere.

However... It seems that we are now seeing history repeat itself, as it is wont to do: The BBC is at it AGAIN: There are two candidates for the Presidency:
    One from the Left and one from the Ultra-Right..... (BBC Description: Read it here: http://<b>https://www.bbc.com/news/w...a-59489045</b>)
    I have lived in Chile for 20 years: I live amongst poor people, people of moderate means & "middle-class people"...we get along just fine..... in the main... I call it tolerance.

Over the last 30 years, however, the BBC has desperately tried to unsettle the people of Chile with their almost non-stop barrage of criticism of Chile's "right of centre" politicians.

And they have been tireless in their dissatisfaction of Chile's "plight" since Pinochet stepped down....even though there have been several Left-of-center (Well-Left!) Governments since.

They constantly remind the world how "3,000" people went "missing" under Pinochet.....
    (Even though,many were later found to be living in the USA, Canada, and many other places)

Yet..... Consistently ....they so rarely mention the alleged 30,000 that went "missing" in Argentina under their military dictatorship...that lead to the Falklands war.
    Or even the "Missing Babies Scandal" that occurred at the same time.... (Google: Madres de Mayo.)
    How strange? I can only conclude that many of Chile's "displaced" persons ended up at the left-leaning BBC in the UK....and to this day...there they remain: At your expense!

It got so bad a few years ago that I placed a formal complaint with the BBC...Guess what: Three weeks later... I was informed that my complaint was 'groundless'.
    Really? Well. It all went rather quiet for a year or so afterwards.....but, here we are in 2021.... and now we see a resurgence of biased opinions against the right in Chile.
    From the BBC....Coincidence?.... Trying to influence a Democratic Election..... Is that why my 94-year-old Dad must now pay for a TV Licence? Really?
    I'll let you people decide. After all: That's what Democracy is all about, isn't it?

P.S.... I'm sorry...I know most of you do not come here to be bombarded with the political ills of the world... me neither... I can assure you... I dunno....
    Things are just getting too ridiculous. In the UK, & in my adopted country.... I just had to vent!
    I too, try to live my twilight years in peace & tranquility, but I cannot remain silent at these gross injustices. Sorry. Peace to you all.
    Last edited by Steve Singleton; 9th December 2021 at 01:38 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is little justice in our legal system. The courtroom is pure theatre were the wealthy can afford the best barristers. In this case under discussion only the female accused was found guilty of murder and only she would be subjected to capital punishment. Only a small percentage of convicted murders during Pierrepoints career were actually hung the majority had their sentences commuted to life imprisonment. Basically it was decided by the Home Secretary, a politician over ruling the judge and jury.
    You mention the war crimes trails but the human race having been having wars for thousands of years. We just don’t get along with each other and never will. We will like the dinosaurs be wiped out eventually. But we should be ok till Christmas.

13. Thanks j.sabourn, Steve Neale thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In general most people are moral cowards , myself included and inclined to take the easy way out. We turn blind eyes to many things and make excuses why they have happened . There is another type of cancer eating away at the fibre of present day society and that is the inability of alien countries keeping out of the affairs of other countries . To send armed troops without the consent of the people of that country used to be called war, today they call it police action , and only later when people are supposed to have forgotten it gets its new title . When after many years they leave without any real success , they then try to reconstruct the damage costing billions of dollars not to mention the traumatised people that has been caused .Thats why I say , please mind ones own business and forget all this Good Samaritan tripe. JS.
    R575129

15. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast