Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: child murder

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: child murder

If these vermin are not to be eradicated then this country needs a supermax prison (see how the yanks do it in Florence, Colorado)---a clean version of hell and a life sentence without the chance of parole. Either which way, may these vile creatures enter a world of terrible pain and extreme misery.

2. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    The two *things*, cannot call them humans, who have just been convicted of killing a 6 year old in the UK, should be hanged in my opinion, what right do they have to life?, having destroyed that little lads short life. We hear this so many times, and the phrase * this must never happen again *. To see on the news that little lad in the bedroom, so frail and weak was horrific. It brought my wife to tears, and she is still tearful this morning. That cow will be out in her sixties, and he will be out even earlier, i hope they live in fear of their lives in jail at the very least, kt
    Horrific as it was, the return of capital punishment which amounts to judicial murder should never be re-introduced. The very idea of being told 'you will be hanged by the neck until you are dead' is thankfully a thing of the past. A 'life sentence' should mean just that, I agree, but when you advocate capital punishment, remember Derek Bentley.

4. Thanks N/A, Brenda Shackleton thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the majority of the electorate when last asked were in favour of the return of Capital punishment, the problem being that all our lily livered politicians will not stand up for the people that elected them. In cases like this, where this no doubt about guilt and the same goes for many of the recent terrorism cases, there is no reason not to execute. The cost of keeping these sub-humans alive is enormous!
    Harping on about previous miscarriages of justice is ridiculous. If guilt is proven beyond doubt, as is the case here, then there is no problem!

6. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Personally i think that Hanging ,the electric chair or even lethal injection would be to good for these two individuals. they need to suffer like poor little Arthur did. bring back the gas chamber for these types of crime. I only read the first paragraph and was so upset i didnt read the rest of it. hope they rot in HELL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wilmot View Post
    , but when you advocate capital punishment, remember Derek Bentley.
    The Law, Society, and establishing facts has moved on since that time, alas not always for the better, but, miscarriages of justice are less likely these days because of the advent of DNA and other sciences, and many crooks, or potential crooks would perhaps think about their chosen path if the end result was the end with no other choice. Life sentence in this country is a joke, teenagers who kill are given sentences of 15/20 years and will be out in their late 20's / early 30's more dangerous than when they went in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With you all the way. Problem is that nothing ever is "done".

10. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problem mostly lies with do-gooders and their self righteous attitude to life. They will fall over themselves getting colour TV, a kindle with all the latest books, a PC / Laptop (definitely not the £300 version generally an iPad) magazines and finally some soft headed teacher to take the poor darlings under their wing. Ever looked at how many professional 'prison visitors' come out of the woodwork, all enjoying expenses. We don't need capital punishment, there's a better way, stacks of wilderness far north of Scotland and plenty islands off the coast where special forces could be used to sharpen their hunting skills. So what if a few never turned up, if they escaped, they'd become the hunted all over again! Criminals who display characteristics of brutality clearly have no interest in reforming, why feed them 3 meals a day, would utter silence , one meal a day, no distractions (viz. Laptops, books etc) not provide a more realistic future? Meanwhile, we could watch the evenings entertainment keeping us up to date on 'the hunt.' Not only that, but consider the opportunities for the lottery, and the betting shops. Of course the object of the 'hunt' is to return the individual to a 'court' where additional convictions await. It could be never ending!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our generation are the ones responsible for the government of the days decision to stop all forms of capital punishment. It could be said that this was probably the beginning of the cancer we now have within our society called "Woke". This was 1969, the same year as the Black and White Minstrels were stopped from performing due to pressure from anti racist groups and of course the disappearing Robertsons "Golly". Things have slowly progressed to the position we are in today. We are being socially conditioned and our children groomed by minority groups with there own hidden agenda's to propagate their unnatural or racial desires.

The main excuse at the time was that you couldn't be 100% sure that the prosecuted were guilty of the crime. Things have now changed, Forensic Science and DNA have progressed far beyond what was available in the 60's and you can now be absolutely certain that the evidence presented is correct.

So, how could we reverse that decision made in 1969? Probably with great difficulty given the soft headed gutless politicians that we have from all parties running the country. But there is possibly one way of bringing in a deterrent.

If enough politicians could be persuaded to bring back to parliament a bill for debate re reinstating Capital punishment. Coupled with this bill would be a provision that from the date that parliament presented the bill all prosecutions where the verdict was guilty and the crime serious enough to warrant the death penalty that person would be given the death penalty retrospectively and if the bill failed then it would be automatically debated again in four years time. By that I mean that the sentence would be carried out when and if the bill ever passed. It would not matter then if the bill was never passed as the threat would always be there to act as a deterrent. It would not stop all murder as it did not pre 1969 but a lot of people will live their full life and not have it taken away from them.

Just my thoughts and it will probably never happen, that is maybe until we get Islamic law (Sharia) established in this country, which could be within a couple of generations the way things are progressing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I’ve read Albert Pierrepoints biography. He hung up to 600 convicted criminals. He said hanging wasn’t a deterrent and that hanging one innocent person was one too many. I’ve witnessed instant justice seeing two people stoned to death in Nairobi for stealing a cow. Humans are a terrible species and only a big asteroid will sort us out.

14. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hewitt View Post
    Our generation are the ones responsible for the government of the days decision to stop all forms of capital punishment.
    Mike don't count me in 'our generation' I never voted to abolish it. We should be like the USA have a death row, that may act as a deterrent and giving the guilty party plenty of time to reflect upon their actions and also keep them wondering when the key in the lock is going to clank for the last time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast