Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It had to happen { Dinghy sinks in chanel }

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default It had to happen { Dinghy sinks in chanel }

France to the UK, local reports say.

According to fishermen, more migrants left France's northern shores than usual to take advantage of calm sea conditions, although the water was bitterly cold.

One fisherman called the rescue services after seeing an empty dinghy and people floating motionless nearby.

Reports said several migrants headed for Britain died after their vessel sank in the Calais area.

President and chairman of the ports of Calais and Boulogne Jean-Marc Puissesseau told BBC News: "What I know is that there were 50 people on this boat.

"What I have heard is that there are 30 people who have died, and about five or six who have been found."

Following the sinking, Dunkirk prosecutors opened a criminal investigation for ‘manslaughter’ and ‘assistance with illegal immigration in an organised gang
    COMMENTS
    At least 30 migrants drown in English Channel in desperate bid to reach the UK
    Several migrants drowned while trying to cross the Channel in an inflatable dinghy to reach Britain on Wednesday, reports said - a coastguard official said a rescue operation was still underway
    According to fishermen, more migrants left France's northern shores than usual to take advantage of calm sea conditions, although the water was bitterly cold.

One fisherman called the rescue services after seeing an empty dinghy and people floating motionless nearby.

Reports said several migrants headed for Britain died after their vessel sank in the Calais area.

President and chairman of the ports of Calais and Boulogne Jean-Marc Puissesseau told BBC News: "What I know is that there were 50 people on this boat.

"What I have heard is that there are 30 people who have died, and about five or six who have been found."

Following the sinking, Dunkirk prosecutors opened a criminal investigation for ‘manslaughter’ and ‘assistance with illegal immigration in an organised gang’.

Migrants being rescued by the Dungerness Lifeboat today
    It follows claims that people smugglers had organised the passage of the overcrowded boat, charging thousands to those on board to get to Britain.

A spokesman for Dunkirk prosecutors confirmed the opening of the investigation, saying preliminary reports were already being compiled.

A No 10 spokesperson said:“The PM will chair a COBR on the situation in the Channel this afternoon.”

A French government spokesman said the tragedy happened soon after 2pm on Wednesday and by late afternoon a rescue operation was still underway.

Local authorities had previously said five migrants had drowned, but that the tally was likely to increase because several of those rescued were in a serious condition.

A spokesman for the Interior Ministry in Paris earlier said: "At least five people died have died. The toll could be heavier.

Migrants sit beside a boat used to cross the English Channel as more migrants are helped ashore from a RNLI
    Migrants sit beside a boat used to cross the English Channel as more migrants are helped ashore from a RNLI ( Image: AFP via Getty Images)
    "Around 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, a fisherman reported the discovery of about fifteen bodies floating off Calais.

"A French Navy vessel recovered several bodies, including five dead people and five unconscious, according to an early report."

The death toll was later raised to ‘at least 27,’ according to a French government spokesman, before the president and chairman of the ports of Calais and Boulogne reported 30 dead.

The death toll makes it the worst small boat tragedy since the current crisis escalated in 2019.

A spokesman for French coastguards said ‘rain and extreme cold’ together with rough seas had contributed to the disaster. So what happens now with the frogs ???? Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 24th November 2021 at 06:12 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: It had to happen { Dinghy sinks in chanel }

The French are using these poor people and their lives to make a political point, never mind smugglers, the French government are the criminals. If we were to return all of them, as happened in Greece and Turkey, the system would stop overnight. It is the leaky EU borders, and freedom of travel causing the problem deep down, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These ar e Not refugees, they are INVADERS all young men of a fighting age, awaiting the call for the Great Jihad

GADAFI said,
    WE DO NOT HAVE TO FIGHT THE WEST, WE WILL TAKE OVER BY WEIGHT OF NUMBERS

They sure are 25,000 so far this year
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 24th November 2021 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    France to the UK, local reports say.

A spokesman for French coastguards said ‘rain and extreme cold’ together with rough seas had contributed to the disaster. So what happens now with the frogs ???? Terry.
    was there not some picture circulating of police standing watching boats being launched?
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 24th November 2021 at 09:42 PM.

5. Thanks Red Lead Ted, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes there is somewhere Tony let me troll the web i will find it Terry
    {terry scouse}

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, Macron has those 31 lives on his mind, i hope he sleeps well tonight, this had to happen sooner or later. This your wonderful European Union at work, supposed to be united my ****. This is the French political move that has backfired, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Well, Macron has those 31 lives on his mind, i hope he sleeps well tonight, this had to happen sooner or later. This your wonderful European Union at work, supposed to be united my ****. This is the French political move that has backfired, kt
    I doubt if he will loose any sleep, if it causes us problems or bad press. The guy is a weasel

10. Likes Keith Tindell, Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    A French Govt minister is blaming B J for their deaths, how convenient and how ludricous, the only people to blame for the childrens' deaths are their parents for putting them in harms way, the poor children were never given a choice. Believe me Macron will sleep soundly, he is a man of self interest only.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan, There are more questions than answers the uk and France obviously are not going to sort this problem out alone, But having said that when if ever does it stop. You now have more and more people from all over the huge African Continent planning on making the same trip through basically starvation which i personally put down to climate change no water no food no crops no rain nothing to stay for.
    These pictures are disgraceful with French police standing by letting these woman and children enter these little rafts, We all no that if these rafts get caught up in a bow wave as they cross they are that flimsy they are going to turn turtle.
    AT least 31 UK-bound migrants drowned yesterday when their tiny inflatable *capsized — hours after French police had simply watched overloaded dinghies heading into the Channel.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/168408...3-die-channel/
    {terry scouse}

13. Thanks Les Woodard thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We had similar here in Oz but then some 1700 drowned in one year. Some time in 2012 or so.
    That was when we got tough with our border force, none since.

The French know very well that these people are being 'fed' by people smugglers, similar here in Oz at the time.

But much of this is political payback after BREXIT.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast