Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: It had to happen { Dinghy sinks in chanel }

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: It had to happen { Dinghy sinks in chanel }

Lewis I printed words in full sit changed them, not me.
    M**lim

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    Re: It had to happen

Sad at the loss of life of all at sea.

K.

After the other thread: It had to happen.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The West only pays lip service to those starving nations, if they ae fed well they may become phyically strong, then politically strong and pose a threat to the West, so they are kept at one level.

But it is noticeable the lack of females on many of the boats crossing the channel.

It has been suggested that like here in Oz the boats be turned back.

But the civil liberties say no you cannot do that?
    Why the bloody hell not?

As was said here many years ago after the Tampa incident.

'We will chose who comes here, when and buy what means'

Some 25,000 in a few weeks is total unacceptable.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the french will not even meet anyone from here so what do you do what can you do these camps all have radios going day and night tell the people what is going on tell them not to even try they will be sent back how many are coming in to do harm to people here?regarding aid the tv gives you little johnny walks five miles for water ether move the house closes to water or get the men to dig a propper well for water we can only do so much? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    The West only pays lip service to those starving nations, .
    Depends how you define lip service John, 250,000 tonnes fertilisers passed through my control in three months in Ethiopia and Sudan, 250,000 tonnes of maize passed through my control on another occasion/location, all in less than a year and supplied by USA/UK/EEC, I spent many years in the area, there were countless others like me in other countries doing the same, from official and voluntary organisations. Never saw anyone from a red crescent country, China and Russia, Japan made headline news back in Japan when it supplied 30,000 tonnes of wheat, once! Don't forget that this lip service is paid for by the tax payers of the donor countries, also the ships carrying all this AID had to be paid from donor funds, all vessels mostly FOC, still have the names of most of the vessels but only ever saw one American vessel and its name was 'Calrice Exporter' with 30,000 tonnes bulk rice to Sierra Leone, still have all my working notes. Most unfriendly/unco-operative crew I ever met in all my dealings over the years

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Victoria, after the WW2 100,000's of thousands left all over Europe and the UK for places like Australia, Canada , the USA, South Africa and New Zealand. Your £10 Poms Etc!!!! they were all looking for a better life , some left a sinking ship. But most did it legally.
    The west and others through sticking there nose in were it did not belong have brought this on themselves.
    I agree with what you say Lewis on work and legality, I know when I was living/working abroad I had to jump through many hoops. However as far as the West sticking its nose in, not always with success, if it hadn't then we may be speaking German, or Russian or Chinese by now, the west has somehow to stop the creeping encroachment of undesirable aspects of life, it is easy to blame apparent failure, but who knows what the result would be if action had not been taken, at least with the West's intervention we here enjoy a freedom of speech denied to many in some of the countries mentioned earlier plus many others. Every coin has two sides.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    the french will not even meet anyone from here jp

Pos, better use of the diplomatic pouch or snail mail may have been better.

Politics by twits and twitter, not the best way surely.

K.

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Greed, pure greed is what runs most countries, be kit for money or power but it is still greed.

Smart countries such as China see a need and find a way to fill it in such a manner that it profits them but at the same time creates a system where the others cannot go without them.
    How many of us use goods 'made in China' on a daily basis?

So much of our lives is influenced by them even though we may at the time not realize it.

Billionaires not content with all they have find ways of making more, why?
    How much can a man make and use in his life time?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just how easy war could happen. During the stand off with Cuba, America used their warships to control the seas around the Island, this one chilling event happened. One of the American warships detected a Sub and sent down some depth charges, they were only trial ones with no warhead, just meant to make the Sub surface. Down below there was a Russian Submarine, and the skipper thought that they were under attack, he immediately called for the Atomic torpedo to be prepared to launch, but he had to have the three senior officers to agree, two did but the third wouldn't give his consent. The war everyone was expecting didn't eventuate.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

During that same Cold War Des we were due later the same day into Santiago de Cuba , which I believe was Castro’s birth place we had already come through the blockade the previous day it was the middle watch about 0200 hrs. And me like a first tripper was sitting on the port wing taffrail looking at the stars. All of a sudden everything lit up like a sci- fi movie and a Morse light chattering at us from about 50 yards off our port beam. It was a USS ( such and such ) and wanted to know what port we were going into. He must have been shadowing us for days , After telling him ,he disappeared again below the waves. It’s a good job the yanks didn’t depth charge their own subs, as must have had plenty around also. I think that Cuban Crisis was the closest we will ever come to a nuclear conflict and let’s hope it doesn’t happen again. Cheers JS
    R575129

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast