Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: It had to happen { Dinghy sinks in chanel }

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: It had to happen { Dinghy sinks in chanel }

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    You now have more and more people from all over the huge African Continent planning on making the same trip through basically starvation which i personally put down to climate change no water no food no crops no rain nothing to stay for.
    Terry having spent many years working in Africa on AID Programmes in Ethiopia, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Chad and others, I can assure you that the root cause of their problems is definitely not climate change but rank mismanagement of natural resources, in-fighting (tribal) corruption on a massive scale, diversion of AID funds to purchase military equipment. The west's governments have poured massive amounts of physical aid of food and equipment into Africa, a lot of this aid is siezed by military(and non military) factions and sold, not given, to its populations. Money is transferred from the west to recipient countries Banks to help with their infrastructure, control of that money is then lost by the donor countries. Africa's problems will never be solved as they are unwilling to help themselves and corruption at the top seeps down the chain and becomes a way of life.

To coin a phrase loved by many..... I have boots on the ground experience........and am not reliant on google

Blaming climate change is an easy cop out and very convenient but there is no drought in the African Swiss Bank accounts

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The majority of boat people leaving France are Iraqi Kurds, the reason why is simple, Bush and Blair destroyed their country.
    When you look at pictures of rebellions in impoverished Africans nations the rebels are armed with the latest weapons. Who is supplying the arms? Surely with all the spy technology available it would be easy to find out. Perhaps the governments of the world are complicit in keeping this secret.
    On global warming, the deforestation of the Amazon is only happening because there is a ready market for the timber. The question of which countries are buying the timber is never asked.

3. Thanks N/A, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ivan we all know most aid money finishes up it some ones ar.e pocket well before any thats left goes to where it supposed to but we still send it our people work bloody hard for the taxes that leave here and it should stop well thats my view anyway? jp

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post

When you look at pictures of rebellions in impoverished Africans nations the rebels are armed with the latest weapons. Who is supplying the arms?
    During my time Louis it was China and Russia as their arms carrying vessels got priority berthing over my food and fertiliser carrying vessels, I doubt much will have changed. I have written reams of this on site.

7. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you look back to the Nigerian civil war Ivan you will see it was the UK government supplying the weapons. I was on the Illorin Palm carrying them into Lagos. After the war was over and BP oil fields were safe we were taking medical supplies to Nigeria "To help the poor innocent children, victims of this cruel war".

9. Likes Red Lead Ted, N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    If you look back to the Nigerian civil war Ivan you will see it was the UK government supplying the weapons. I was on the Illorin Palm carrying them into Lagos. After the war was over and BP oil fields were safe we were taking medical supplies to Nigeria "To help the poor innocent children, victims of this cruel war".
    Louis ALL governments supply weapons to others, that's the way of the world, All Govts cry crocodile tears, as do many others, do you think it's going to change, not a cat in hells chance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    During my time on UASC for 3 years we were on a permanent run from UK& Europe loading for Kuwait. Never did we have to anchor as soon as we arrived the ship we normally discharged at was kicked off the berth, this was when ships could be at anchor for months on end waiting for a birth. Our cargo consisted of British built tanks (Challenger?), British shells and munitions , German Personnel Carriers & Half track things , French Aircraft in boxes , Belgium rifles & Small arms. UASC had I think it was 4 ships on this run. All this heavy stuff was loaded at anchor in the Thames or river Medway. The tanks were ferried out on what looked like landing craft by Army personal. I am not sure if they did the loading as well, they may have done as I do remember the ships cranes being operated by the ships crew. No shore side labour involved. On discharge the tanks were loaded onto low loaders along with other heavy items a constant stream. This stuff was shipped up to the Kuwait Iraq border for the Iraq's for use against Iran.
    The UK actually supplied both sides well some of it. The UK took the money for tanks from the Iranians but failed to deliver the tanks , perhaps that is why , Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is being detained ?
    Your about 10% of the way there Lew, There has been a lot of trade sanctions imposed on Iran not just from the UK and neither side wants to offer an olive branch, All politics unfortunately and that poor family are paying the price along with a few more from around the world. Terry.
    {terry scouse}

12. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What****** countries help out? Its always the wicked West who comes to their aid.
    Vic

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Vic what is with all the******no idea what you are on about? do you mean the west are peace makers
    Wakey wakey, did you not know you are not allowed to say ee slam on here or anything with an ee slam ick conotation, even though the words are well known world wide and even countries call themselves the ee slam ic nation of Afghanistan for instance. However do feel free to use religious words such as catholic, protestant, sihk Bhudda etc because we have more common sense on how to use words in the dictionary

According to the Press neither should we be using the word 'migrants' we should instead use the word 'peoples'

I shall have to stop saying 'I went to the John (toilet) today' and replace it with 'I went to the Jim today' sounds much better, but still a load of crap!

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Re: It had to happen

Sad at the loss of life of all at sea.

K.

17. Likes John Pruden, N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast