Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Weather

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Lucky you, we have a balmy 2 degrees, may get up to 4 by this afternoon, time to get the shorts out!
    Come up here to cool down Ivan, -2 and an inch of snow on top of ice today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This thread has meandered from weather to memories, I've posted on the weather, he's my addition to memories:

The first half of my life sucked.* I envy you who*can look back*on your childhood, youth, and your twenties and thirties with fondness or joy..* My memories are a childhood*that passed me through the hands of strangers and relatives that were stuck with my younger sister and me, due to the war and then housing shortage.* I'd make friendships with mates only to be moved on and be the "new kid on the block" all over again.* Though I have fond memories of the Merch, it was more of the same, great cabin mate, then he or I would change ships.* My first marriage was a disaster.* I worked from 15 onwards 10-12 hours a day, Sometimes for extra money, sometimes to escape the misery of the home, but then mostly because advancement of my career demanded it.

The good life for me came with my divorce at 42.* Happiness*and the sheer joy of living came with my*late second wife, retirement at 45, continuous*travel for 13 years, the world was our playground.* Then settling down to a lovely home on a lake, with my own dock and boat 15ft from my bedroom window and catching a fresh fish dinner from my dock whenever we fancied it. Then I lost my wife to a terminal illness.* Today I live alone with wonderful memories in a nice apartment, though saddened, I'm at peace with myself.* If I could turn the clock of life back I would, but only to the day I first met my late sweetheart.* If I had to*return to the first half first, I would gladly do it all over to get back the wonderful last half.

Rodney*

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodney at least you found happiness eventually and have those great memories still with you. Rgds Den

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#55 Thanks your post Rodney. I have been lucky just coming up to the 60 next month with the one lady, and still here to prove it. We have had our spats over the years who hasn’t ?. And I have my doubts if I had not spent all my working life at sea those spats would have turned into bigger things. However every time Home was a honeymoon. I. Courted her for 4 years so she knew what she was getting ,that was probably why she waited 4 years. I was not always the placid old man of today. For a seaman my marriage has been successful to my thinking. There was only one stipulation she made before saying yes , and that was that I never brought any trouble home with me., that could have meant any number of things, so I just never brought any ships home , never swore in the house , and never talked about voyages some of which would have had the tendency to turn her hair whiter than it is today.Pleased to see you are keeping good, your late wife will always be there with you.
    Cheers JS
    R575129

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Apparently, we need to get ready for a white weekend! Arctic blast is set to send temperatures plunging to -5C with up to 9cm of snow expected across Scotland, north west and central England.

K.

6. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Santa Claus has to send you something for Xmas , otherwise people won’t believe in him anymore . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Rodders, know what you mean about being moved around from house to house.
    By the age of 16 we had lived in about 15 different places.
    War time had made many of the moves come about.
    Houses bombed and on to the next one.
    Then when it was over a shortage of housing, on the council housing list and moved about quite regularly.
    Sometimes with other relis but at the tender age of 5 my mum and dad divorced so a single mum in those dats had very little chanced, but by the time I was ten she had remarried and things settled down.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6