Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Weather

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Weather

Well done Cappy, you have just revived my limited German, and much the same as Spanish, mostly to order beer and how many !!. We ex seamen are a funny lot, i always remember the saying, the Yankee seamen goes ashore and thinks he can buy the bloody place, Brit seaman goes ashore and thinks he already has, what memories eh, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Well done Cappy, you have just revived my limited German, and much the same as Spanish, mostly to order beer and how many !!. We ex seamen are a funny lot, i always remember the saying, the Yankee seamen goes ashore and thinks he can buy the bloody place, Brit seaman goes ashore and thinks he already has, what memories eh, kt
    memories ...yawhol....christa hoffman ....brake germany 1959 ....cappy 18 christa about 32 35 ......what a woman went adrift she took me swimming bought me swim trunks .....and bedded me non stop ....sadly her man was a german seaman .....his photo on the bedside.....big effer .....dankeshen bittershen veerdersen .....will always remember her name.but whenever a door opened or shut in the flats ...cappy was on guard lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#32. How about your French Cappy , I always got by with Allez Enfant , think I know what it means unless someone was having me on. You missed out the Zillertal , sieg sieg sieg. Anyhow to keep it within limits was it raining while you were fornicating . I don’t want to know !! JS. My French translation wasn’t go child. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 30th November 2021 at 09:48 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #32. How about your French Cappy , I always got by with Allez Enfant , think I know what it means unless someone was having me on. You missed out the Zillertal , sieg sieg sieg. JS
    only ever spent time with a french madamoiselle in a place called donges ....northern france somewhere...a nice girl .....wrote to each other for a whilelater ....sadly cannot remember her name now even....but can see her face.....

5. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What was the weather like , cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    What was the weather like , cheers JS
    blanket cover john blanket cover ....lol

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only question is Cappy whether or not you could weather the weather, and not the wo!there! as you sailed away from your Michico. My own little Michiko (shared her full name with a beautiful Japanese film star called Michiko Tobo) stood on the end of the pier in nearly four feet of snow waving goodbye as we sailed away from Shimonoseki, her smile and demureness kept me warm on an inclement north Pacific crossing; a smile and a fleeting occasional touch was all that we experienced as she was heavily chaperoned and I was watched by a hawk of a father, her mother was kind to me and gave me neck massages as she whispered be kind to my daughter she very much in love. We corresponded for a while, but the last letter was advising me that Papasan was making her marry a Japanese boy and she was forbidden to contact me. It was another of those moments in life had it progressed became a 'what if' experience to, at times, reflect upon.
    Last edited by Ivan Cloherty; 30th November 2021 at 12:08 PM.

10. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very off thread, but Cappy's reference to donges stirred my memory bank. Loaded there a couple of times, nice run up the road and a bit of useless information, the large brick built church there was rebuilt by the U.K after we wiped it out in ww2during a bombing raid on the docks and refinery there.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ivan those moments in time are with us forever ......after our visit ist time to osaka .....we went back to newcasle NSW for more coal .....think it was coal ...may have been scrap metal ....on arrival in oz i got a letter from michico ....i still remember most of it ....Dear geordisan.....now you have left nippon my heart is like the cherry blossom in winter ...there is only darkness and no sun ...etc etc ....i whipped into my mates cabin stating jeez this michico has got it hard ....his girl i think was kasuko.......he had excactly the same letter writen in perfect english .....egg on our faces ...but i recall she was one beuty ...and going out at night she had the geisha outfit white face and all .....she was some beutiful person ...never forgotten.....funny enough later in the trip my mate who i had sailed with out of shields on ore carriers jumped in auckland ...for a beutiful half cast maori girl ...the song mentioned earlier by someone was runaway by del shannon ....playing on the ship all day ....funny i recall old JS doing a conga style dance with michicos brother ....both facing the same way ....js steering....lol lol he appeared good at the helm lol.....oh happy days cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I remember somewhere in those heady days , by some local beauty that had captured our groin emotions, and her saying *f*** me love, and give me money as a souvenir , but we all survived, kt
    R689823

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast