Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is it a bird, is it a plane, - no it's bi-sexual superman

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is it a bird, is it a plane, - no it's bi-sexual superman

if you get a smile or a hug of a downs child they mean it i have mixed with lots of what some call handy caped children i see a lot in cancer clinics but always a smile on their faces if you see one talk or hold out a hand they will always except you as a friend. jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My youngest son is a RMN nurse, and has worked with people of all disabilities for 35 years, he says how much satisfaction he gets from that job. A lot of those type of people ie handicapped/ learning disabilities etc, live in large premises, and they live as normal life as possible, when they are on holiday he brings them to our house for tea and tab nabs, and i can see how much he interacts with them, it is a joy to see, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I taught disabled people to ski, over a 22 year period.
    They were always happy, and had big smiles.
    Never a complaint.
    I also taught so called able body people. My best days were with the disabled.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

some years ago we started a five a side club in a local hall all from 6/10 year old one young lad very badly disabled every week without fail he would be first at the door he had many operations on his legs but never stopped him from doing his best one night he called me and said john they are operating on me next week they might be taking my leg of i was shocked then he said if they do can i still come for football yes i told him i went into the toilet away from everyone and sobbed it is what we call normal people who are handy capped he never had to have the leg of in the end but things in your life stick with you and that is just one example of working with handy capped people they are special people? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I must relate one incident from the time my son had brought his residents to the IOW, and visited our house. It was a lovely sunny warm day when he arrived, there were 4 of his clients and a female nurse, they were staying in the local holiday centre. My wife had laid on a spread for them, soft drinks, cake , biscuits, ice cream etc, and they got tucked in. One young lady, she would have been about twenty years old, she had learning difficulties and was blind. My wife took this young girl, whose name i don't remember, round the garden, picking various flowers, and getting this young lady to smell the scent, and telling her various stories, and eventually back to the group. when they went to leave, my son said to them all , thank chris and keith for a lovely party, the young lady then said *its a crap party *, we did both have a chuckle when they left. Through my son, who also fosters, we know how difficult it can be, but very rewarding as well, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    some years ago we started a five a side club in a local hall all from 6/10 year old one young lad very badly disabled every week without fail he would be first at the door he had many operations on his legs but never stopped him from doing his best one night he called me and said john they are operating on me next week they might be taking my leg of i was shocked then he said if they do can i still come for football yes i told him i went into the toilet away from everyone and sobbed it is what we call normal people who are handy capped he never had to have the leg of in the end but things in your life stick with you and that is just one example of working with handy capped people they are special people? jp
    John, I had a disabled skier. He was in his 20ies. Had trouble with one of his legs. I made a bracket to keep his bad leg out of the snow.
    We skied on one ski. Some years later he had his leg taken off. Turned out that that was the best thing he did.
    Still skied on one ski, but no bad leg in the way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My late wife always wanted to be a pediatric surgeon, but was talked out of the medical profession by school "guidance counselor" who convinced her that the medical field and surgery in particular was not a field for females, remember this was more than fifty*years ago and thankfully all the dinosaurs*are dead.

She chose to be a Special Education teacher.

When we first dated she was 32 years old (I was 10 years older than her) and she made it quite clear that she didn't want any children. I told her it wasn't an option as far as I was concerned, I had had my wings clipped after my third son was born. I asked her, just out of curiosity, why she, being a teacher,* didn't want kids of her own.* She told me she was "Special Education" and she taught both the physical and mentally challenged children and a very high percentage of the mothers were in their late thirties and forties and not often from mothers in their late teens and early twenties, the higher the mothers age, the higher the incidents*of birth defects.

Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Working as a volunteer as I do is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.
    No money, but the wealth comes from those you help in the looks and thanks they give.

As to the bi sexual bit.

I was once in bed with two girls at the same time, is that being Bi sexual or maybe tri sexual.
    Though I find try sexual much better.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well said victoria jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hang in there Victoria, modern medicine now does some wonderful stuff, he will be well cared for.
    But you comment about the right to live.

Looing at some TV footage of countries, particularly mid east ones, brings that in top question.
    It is hard to understand why such countries have not moved on as the rest of us have.

Here we are in the 21st century of man stuffing it up, while they still exist in what looks much like the 12 century.

Obviously such people do not have the interest in moving forward or are held back by the interests of those they have no control over.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast