Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is it a bird, is it a plane, - no it's bi-sexual superman

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is it a bird, is it a plane, - no it's bi-sexual superman

My wife and I were talking about the changes that have happened since we were kids. the obvious one is transgender, we both can't remember anyone who had Dementia, and we very seldom saw mongoloid people, now it seems to be everywhere, I am not knocking any of these people and I can only sympathize with anyone who has to look after people with these, what seems like a modern disease.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Remember the Thalidomide babies Des ? that was a terrible thing to happen to any family , it was during that era as well when one of mine was born. Luckily my wife never took any of the drugs involved, many today will remember that drug market experience , when people are shouting about the present necessity of receiving the corona virus immunisation. There is often a down side to all these wonder drugs. As to Transgender I can remember during the war my mothers Aunt coming down to London from Glasgow to see her son and the three of us crossing London during an air raid mostly via the tube stations. He lived in a mews in London somewhere , even at that early age I thought there was something peculiar about him , found out in later years he was gay. He was an extra at Ealing Studios and was in that film made during the war " I'll Be Your Sweetheart ", he was the one on the right of the lady pushing the swing in the movie. Of course in those days it was a scandal if got out and was illegal in any case. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Indeed, until the late 60' or even later it was an offence to be gay.

Many stories around about it.
    Cliff Richards was said to have been caught in the gents in Brighton looking for men.
    An MP who was opposed to changing the situation, let it remain an offence was allegedly caught in a compromising situation with a soldier in Hyde park.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It was Illegal in 1980 Victoria , on the last day of that year I can remember 2 matelots were caught at it on the Royal Yacht , they were across the harbour from us and they came to our side by pinnace under guard. Heard on the grapevine they were later court martialed and discharged from the navy. What a difference a few years make and people easily forget what they don’t want to remember. They were accepted under sufferance , and many must have found the sea more acceptable , as seafarers are more world wise than those ashore and their attitude is more Live and let Live. Seamen usually judge each other by their capabilities and not their private preferences and as you say if they attempt to force their intentions on the unwary.. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    It was Illegal in 1980 Victoria , on the last day of that year I can remember 2 matelots were caught at it on the Royal Yacht , they were across the harbour from us and they came to our side by pinnace under guard. Heard on the grapevine they were later court martialed and discharged from the navy. What a difference a few years make and people easily forget what they don’t want to remember. They were accepted under sufferance , and many must have found the sea more acceptable , as seafarers are more world wise than those ashore and their attitude is more Live and let Live. Seamen usually judge each other by their capabilities and not their private preferences and as you say if they attempt to force their intentions on the unwary.. Cheers JS
    I agree John, as long as you do your job, don't try to coerce or bully or otherwise influence anyone into your preferences, then do what you want.

7. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

it is the person you are not your sexuality the man who cracked the german enigma code was what we call gay he saved many a seaman's life becouse of the times he killed himself?
    that is shame on us. jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Is it a bird, is it a plane, - no it's bi-sexual superman

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    it is the person you are not your sexuality the man who cracked the german enigma code was what we call gay he saved many a seaman's life becouse of the times he killed himself?
    that is shame on us. jp
    Well said JP. Many of our generation today think of homosexuality as being a lifestyle 'choice',and make fun of it and sometimes sneer. It seldom is a 'choice'.It is a diversity in nature that many,successfully or not,have to manage to live with.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The intention in my post was not meant to denigrate, I talk to a bloke who is Mongoloid, and my son works with them, it was to point out that in my pree teens I never saw a mongoloid child or came into contact with a gay person, maybe it is about all the drugs both legal and illegal that people take these days.. When my wife was pregnant with our son the Dr offered her a pill for the terrible sickness she was getting, she refused it was Thalidomide, our son still talks about how he was glad his mum never took it.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have occasionally seen a couple of survivors from that dreadful curse , arms and legs missing etc. etc.and now in their 50s , some have elderly parents who have stuck by them, a true act of love if ever there was one . We had such a trio used to visit us here in Oz .These were 2 old frail people who had a deformed son , then in his 40’s , he could only lie on the carpet and utter weird noises . They devoted their lives to his needs. Life can be very cruel for some. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have a guy who is a client at the Community Health Center where I volunteer.
    David, at the age of 8 was hit by a car while riding his bike.
    He suffered aquired brain injuries and has speech problems, walks with great difficulty and one arm is close to useless.
    But he gets around town in his electric wheel chair in all weathers, lives on his own and loves a good joke.

One of lives tragedies but he has survived like this for over 50 years.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast