Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: U.K., USA and Australia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default U.K., USA and Australia

A new defence alliance has been signed by the three countries covering such items of naval capability, cyber warfare and artificial intelligence.
    This alliance will allow Australia to build new submarines, cancelling the contract with France for new subs and replacing them with nuke powered subs.
    This is in response to China doubling it's size of its armed forces annually.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: U.K., USA and Australia

Perhaps the fact that the French contract with the Australian R N was already running 9 months behind schedule might also have had something to do with it. £35 billion lol no wonder the French are pi--ed off, but Australia have already parted with £356 million to date? unless I have read that wrong somewhere?
    We may gloat at the loss of that business incurred by our Allies & friends in Europe But I imagine the winners in this will be the USA. I cannot see the UK getting the lions share of any weapons sales with this new pact. See the Chinese are not best pleased though. That will be the Chicken fried rice going up in price in your local Ozzie Chinese take away now.
    There is a ground swell in anti Chinese feeling around the world. They are going to be really peed off as will the French when with luck the UK also cancel the Nuclear power stations down the South of England. My understanding is that the Nuke reactor was to be a French design (which they have been trying to get to work in for several years) So let's hope the UK have got the balls to tell the Chinese to take a hike over the Nuke plants as they have in the Huawei from its 5G network. Why on earth would we allow a hostile nations anywhere new our Nuclear power requirements.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was just reading something on the French reaction about the AUKUS deal. They are not happy. I assume the AUKUS deal stands for Australian , United Kingdom United States??? Now if the French decided to join in that would make it France Australian United Kingdom United States deal yes? They might have to re think the Acronym FAUKUS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Apparently 16 French submarines gone, and 11 M&S stores, we certainly need to watch the Chinese situation carefully, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Froggies are upset, good.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Will the UK now neglect NATO ?

K.
    "Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well that may very well be the case as there was something from Von Der Leyen about moving forward with the EU Army so the UK may well start to distance itself as well may the USA from NATO. Could be interesting to see what the position of the Irish Republic, Austria, Malta, Finland and Sweden will be within the EU Army as they are basically Neutral nations.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis, I don't think we will see an E. U. ARMY, who will contribute the most? Think this one of those pie in the Sky ideas.
    The old Eastern Block countries are rattling their sabres against E. U. control, if did happen they will stay out.
    As far as NATO, it won't break up, after all the E. U. countries don't make the minimum contributions required by NATO.
    Vic

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vic that could be the very reason NATO could break up, as you say most EU countries are a bit shy when it comes to paying there share. The USA are getting a bit tired of funding the rest and as usual it is likely the UK will follow what the USA decide.. The USA, UK , Japan and other commonwealth countries should be able to muster a few troops if required .

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Terry Sullivan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mostly about the Nuclear Driven Subs this is, not being built here but will come from the USA , which is a pretty Penny n the Sky Rockets! The deal with France was called off not because of time, but because these new Subs will be far better for our use, much longer ranges compared to any other Type.
    But with all that said i wonder now (As China has already got a Bee in their Bonnet) how things will pan out!
    I think we will all have to watch out closely to see !
    Me i dont like it at all, (Not the Purchase of the Subs) but the anger of the Chinese over all this! They are a mighty powerful Nation Military wise!
    Senior Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast