Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: U.K., USA and Australia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: U.K., USA and Australia

Fortunately we will not have to suffer Micron much longer, that is not a typo by the way, that is his nickname apparently in the EU do to the fact is a short ****, which needs six lace holes from a large boot inserted into it, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    #89, Can you not get fresh from the harbour itself Lewis?
    Been having fresh Mackerel & Pollock, Dab and Plaice from my next door neighbour who runs a boat during the summer. But the most of the catch landed here is Crab & Lobster. My son was over last month for 10 days he could not believe what I paid for 3 Lobsters , £15 for the 3 of them and he gave me 3 big brown back crabs as he said no one eats them here he normally just uses the crab for bait. To buy fresh fish from the boat I would likely have to head for Donegal or Kilkeel maybe Portavogie but last time I was down that way they would would not sell you anything from the quayside. It is a Scottish company that runs the fish market in Portavogie , a name a few on here will be familiar with. Denholm fisheries. I did call in and was told trade only.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#91 We do not have Morrisons here in N Ireland but the only wet fish counter I have seen in a supermarket is Tescos and that has just opened up again as part of the restrictions being lifted even the butchers has just returned in Tescos up until this last 2 weeks all fish and meat was pre packed. We do have a fish monger calls into the village on a Thursday morning , his fish is sourced from Kellybegs in Donegal good selection but he is not cheap.

4. Thanks Keith at Tregenna thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Fortunately we will not have to suffer Micron much longer, that is not a typo by the way, that is his nickname apparently in the EU do to the fact is a short ****, which needs six lace holes from a large boot inserted into it, kt
    Well you know what they say big man big -ick, little man all -ick. Be careful what you wish for Marine Le Pen will not suddenly become the UK's new best friend.
    Especially after the Sub deal no longer being on the table.

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So you think Le Pen Lewis ?, i think more likely Barnier, especially as he shows the usual French trait, and is calling for a referendum and less influence fro EU courts, could he be turning the coat again ?, kt
    R689823

8. Likes Denis O'Shea, Marian Gray liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To be honest I have lost all interest in what goes on in French politics, it is just like here in the UK a load of pigs at the trough stealing what they can.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Apparently the Frogs have just dipped out on a big fighter plane deal with the Swiss, they thought they were in, but they decided on the Yankee aircraft in stead, kt
    Hi Keith.
    God help them, we have had a multi billion contract with the yanks for years, so far I think they have delivered about 39 obsolete planes, the last one I saw the pilot had to eject in his seat on take of as it caught fire.
    Des
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The whole reason for the FAUKS alliance is to keep the South China seas open and free.
    It also gives the USA additional training facilities here in Oz.

As to the French, had a great mate from there, sadly passed away in 2013 at 64.
    He told me he would never ever go back there even for a holiday as he considered the gov to be far too corrupt.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    The whole reason for the FAUKS alliance is to keep the South China seas open and free.
    It also gives the USA additional training facilities here in Oz.

As to the French, had a great mate from there, sadly passed away in 2013 at 64.
    He told me he would never ever go back there even for a holiday as he considered the gov to be far too corrupt.
    Sorry about your French mate I don't suppose the French Government is any more corrupt than a lot of countries. Australia UK & USA included.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seems some common sense may prevail.

The US president offered Mr Macron an olive branch after the two leaders held a long-awaited call over the affair, which led France to accuse Washington of a “breach of trust” and recall its ambassadors to the US and Australia.

The White House said in a statement following a phone call between the two leaders: "The United States also recognizes the importance of a stronger and more capable European defense, that contributes positively to transatlantic and global security and is complementary to NATO."

He also admitted the US failed to consult France on the submarine deal. "The two leaders agreed that the situation would have benefitted from open consultations among allies on matters of strategic interest to France and our European partners. President Biden conveyed his ongoing commitment in that regard," said a statement.

Mr Biden and Mr Macron will meet in Europe at the end of October in order to that end.

FAUKUS: May occur ?

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 22nd September 2021 at 08:05 PM.
    "Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast