Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: U.K., USA and Australia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: U.K., USA and Australia

I should hate the French because of the experience of my father at the hands of the Vichy French.
    I do not hate the French because it is impossible to blame a whole nation for the actions of their governments. It is not people who make war it is the donkeys who rule them.

Definition of madness: Taking the same actions over and over and expecting different results.

Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya.

2. Thanks N/A, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    “You complain about the bad food in a restaurant to the manager and the chef, not the dishwasher,” a French official responded when asked why his country’s ambassador to London was not being recalled – unlike the ones to the US and Australia – after the Aukus agreement. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp
    My first response is to frog-march this snivelling Vichy toad around the war graves, to count how many dishwashers sleep beneath the turf of France. He insults our fathers: mine who was stretchered out of the Somme, and my brother in law's who sleeps beneath the lawns of Normandy.
    Harry Nicholson

Keith at Tregenna Guest

82: I have not had any problems with the modern French people and
    enjoy visiting France when possible, the people just get on with life and are
    really helpful and friendly to us from Pays de Gaulle.

K.

#85: The war aspect was sadly introduced by someone else as a
    bad example from the past, not on what occurs today, all that was meant
    is that they deal with the organ grinder not the monkey.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 21st September 2021 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The froggy french are very ungrateful

when I was on the Troop Ship GEORGIC we were anchored in Singapore waiting orders after putting the Australian Troops ashore in Malaya. then, go to Viet Nam to rescue the survivors from the battle of Dien Bien Phu
    Three thousand French Foreign Legionnaires had escaped out of the 18,000 that were there.
    They made their way to the coast at Vung Tao and under attack.
    We launched 9 lifeboats and ran to the beach and back for three and a half days under fire from ashore in the hills above the beach. I pulled a dead Legionnaire into the boat, removed his helmet and put it on, he didnt need it anymore, It didnt save him and wouldnt save me, but I felt better with it.
    Then I threw him back into the sea
    I still have the helmet here at my home.66 years later.
    We finally loaded two and a half thousand, leaving 500 dead behind, a few died on board from wounds, we sewed them up in canvas and buried them at sea.
    We took half of them to Algiers for Sidi Bel Abbes and the rest to Marseilles

Our Captain Fitzgerald applied to the french Government to give medals to the crew for risking our lives to save their Legionnaires, we got nothing for it, "NONE," said the frog.
    Not even a thank you, the bersterds.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 21st September 2021 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fortunately we will not have to suffer Micron much longer, that is not a typo by the way, that is his nickname apparently in the EU do to the fact is a short ****, which needs six lace holes from a large boot inserted into it, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So you think Le Pen Lewis ?, i think more likely Barnier, especially as he shows the usual French trait, and is calling for a referendum and less influence fro EU courts, could he be turning the coat again ?, kt
    R689823

8. Likes Denis O'Shea, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Apparently the Frogs have just dipped out on a big fighter plane deal with the Swiss, they thought they were in, but they decided on the Yankee aircraft in stead, kt
    Hi Keith.
    God help them, we have had a multi billion contract with the yanks for years, so far I think they have delivered about 39 obsolete planes, the last one I saw the pilot had to eject in his seat on take of as it caught fire.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The whole reason for the FAUKS alliance is to keep the South China seas open and free.
    It also gives the USA additional training facilities here in Oz.

As to the French, had a great mate from there, sadly passed away in 2013 at 64.
    He told me he would never ever go back there even for a holiday as he considered the gov to be far too corrupt.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Seems some common sense may prevail.

The US president offered Mr Macron an olive branch after the two leaders held a long-awaited call over the affair, which led France to accuse Washington of a “breach of trust” and recall its ambassadors to the US and Australia.

The White House said in a statement following a phone call between the two leaders: "The United States also recognizes the importance of a stronger and more capable European defense, that contributes positively to transatlantic and global security and is complementary to NATO."

He also admitted the US failed to consult France on the submarine deal. "The two leaders agreed that the situation would have benefitted from open consultations among allies on matters of strategic interest to France and our European partners. President Biden conveyed his ongoing commitment in that regard," said a statement.

Mr Biden and Mr Macron will meet in Europe at the end of October in order to that end.

FAUKUS: May occur ?

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 22nd September 2021 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think the China seas has ever been closed, how else would China import all its coal and iron ore, as well as the trade they have with most countries in the world, thousands of ships traverse the China seas every year, haven't heard of one being held up. Now if you were talking about the Persian Gulf .
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

15. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast