Thread: Another old Great dies

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Another old Great dies

Only Fools and Horses actor John Challis dies after long battle with cancer (msn.com)

Well yet another old Actor from Fools and Horses dies, he was one of the good ones i always loved his part he took, always so smart and full of himself a real laugh!
    He gave millions of viewers some really good times, and will be missed, not that there will be any new Episodes made for sure!
    Thank you Boycie for all the fun you gave
    Rest in Peace now
    Sincerely!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

2. Thanks N/A, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Another old Great dies

Sir David Jason has described John Challis as “a gentleman in the true sense of the word”, following his Only Fools And Horses co-star’s death aged 79. Sir David, who played Derek “Del Boy” Trotter, said in a statement: “It is with much sadness to hear that John Challis, a dear friend, has passed away. “He was a wonderful actor, a gentleman in the true sense of the word and I know he will be missed by so many.” He said Boycie was “a character so well loved by the many fans of that show so I am pleased that he witnessed the outpouring of admiration recently shown for the 40th anniversary of the first episode in 1981. “I send my love and condolences to his wife, Carol.”

Boycie, a cigar-smoking businessman with a mocking laugh, was married to the feisty Marlene, played by Sue Holderness and regularly butted heads with Sir David’s Del Boy. Holderness said in a statement: “Marlene without Boycie – it’s unthinkable. John Challis was my partner on screen and stage for 36 years and my beloved friend. R.I.P. darling John. I will miss you every day.”

His family have requested that instead of flowers, donations are made to his favoured animal charities – Cuan Wildlife Rescue, Tusk and The British Hedgehog Preservation Society.

Their statement added: “As Boycie would have said… you know it makes sense!”

4. Thanks Doc Vernon, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vernon
    If you can get a copy of Green Green Grass get it, in it Boyce and Marlene have bought a house in the country to hide out from the Driscoll brothers who think he ratted on them which he did. Tears every night for a few weeks at the performance. Thanks to Keith telling us about it, my son ordered a copy from a store in Adelaide.
    What an Actor, they are now getting in short supply . Rest easy John Challis you have and will continue to give us some lovely laughs.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

IO see also the Jimmy Greaves, Tottenham player and one of the world cup hero's of 1966 has also gone, aged 81.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post