Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Singapore

John the lease on a house is very similar to the lease on a country. When that lease runs out the Leasee releases all title to the house. The same will happen when the lease runs out in Gibralter. Only those born in Hong Kong may have a right I dont know to British Nationality . The chinese crews I sailed with although supposedly from Hong Kong did not live there , they all came from Mainland China and were chinese by nationality. I can quite see Chinas point of few. The media do more harm than good by not telling the story in a correct manner. JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seem to be a few have the same view as this fella, Neve.jpgignore the Threat of China at your peril. Don't worry Big Lizzie is on the way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is unavoidable not to bring politics into discussion on China. Capitalism; maximum returns on investment.
    To ensure maximum returns manufacturers all over the western world transferred production to China, virtually everything we buy is stamped Made in China. With trillions of foreign currency flooding into China it's power and influence has grown to be the second largest economy in the world, just behind the US. It is set to overtake the US in the coming years.
    Now we see our leaders warning of the Chinese Dragon carefully avoiding the fact they gave birth to it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John S
    I don't think we should rely on Biden, he has trouble keeping on his feet. Did you see the photo with the Queen his wife was there but who was that the other side, it looked like a stand in.
    Des
    Lest We Forget

5. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#14 Think if push ever came to shove , by the time he got to the the red button it would all be over. Never saw the picture you mention maybe he was the delegated button pusher. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 15th June 2021 at 02:18 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We get many goods made in China, but they are not made there.
    Most of the clothing comes from factories owned by China in Cambodia. Costs there are lower than in china.
    Saw some of them a few year s ago, very impressive and the Cambodian people are very proud to say they work there, bit hard to say anything else I guess.

But not just those factories, they have taken over large parts of the country to build hotels and function centers to encourage westerners to holiday there.

It was I believe Kipling who said beware the yellow peril when talking of them.

But at over 1.4 billion out of a global population of about 8 they hold a lot of sway.
    Together with India at 1.3 they have about 33.5% of the worlds peoples.

With the system of governance they have the people have no choice but to follow al instructions to the letter.
    They also hold control on a number of other countries, Sri Lanka being one.
    They make huge loans to other countries with a time frame of paying back within ten years. When the payment cannot be met they take over the infrastructure the money was loaned for.

But be thankfull, no Chinese no Chinese take away on Saturday night.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We probably see China in a different light than the Chinese see themselves. People decry the communist system but it certainly gave the Chinese coolie population a better life style than the feudal system it had before hand. China was always a Civilisation long before a lot of the rest of the world and has also had great minds long before others. My favourite is Confucius how many great minds can come up with some of his sayings . One of my favourite ones by an imitation Confucius is man who fly upside down will have crack up. However some of his serious ones bear thinking about. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OLD MOTHER SHIPTON STATED AS THE SOOTHSAYER OF THE DAY ...THE WAR TO END ALL WARS WOULD BE BETWEEN THE BEAR AND THE DRAGON

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder how much knaersborough has changed since her day. My daughter living there now Cappy , not in the cave though. Moved from Harrogate sometime ago. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sixty years back, an irishman told me of a legend that says: "The day will come when the little yellow men from the East will water their horses on the Curragh."
    Pehaps the time is nigh.
    Harry Nicholson

13. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast