Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Selfish people

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Selfish people

I was watching the news today, and they were interviewing a couple with regards to holidays, the women was so pleased with herself, it was her idea she said. They have booked a holiday in Tenerife for 10 days, and a holiday in Norfolk for the same 10 days !!!, hoping for Tenerife, in which case they will cancel Norfolk, never mind whether the people in Norfolk can find another booking, or indeed Tenerife, if that was cancelled, no thought that perhaps others were looking for holidays, and they had grabbed two. My only hope is that both holidays are cancelled by the different companies, or i could hope they get to Tenerife, and they lose all their luggage, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Selfish people

Saw the same report this morning Keith, and my thought also was what a selfish couple, my wife ran her own hotel in years of yore and she was also disgusted and remarked that they thought they were so smart with their bright idea; but appearing on national television was probably the worst move they ever made, the Norfolk hotel is probably cancelling right now 'sorry we made a mistake we double booked' They will appear as selfish wa*k*rs in their neighbours eyes, but they have to live with that

Lewis McColl Guest

Totally agree selfish but also not so clever either , hope both venues tell them to take a hike. I hope there is somewhere in the small print that as they had no intention of honouring at least one booking they forfeit the cost of the holiday.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dont worry Lewis the old saying seems to always come about with such People!

"You reap what you sew"
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Selfish people abound in this world . There was nothing worse than getting some whinging moaning agitator in the mix of a crew and having to live in close proximity for 12 month. It invariably rubbed off On other people upsetting the whole aura of a ship , I’m sure every one has experienced it at one time or another. I’m surprised someone hasn’t started a post Dickheads I have sailed with, however that may upset the tilt of this site so is best left alone. A good crew can make or break a ship, that was the beauty of a 6 months running Agreement or coastal articles , those not adaptable could go at their leisure those not compatible the sooner the better. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well John, I can honestly say that I only sailed with about four people who I disliked , and i must have disliked them to remember them, most crews despite maybe bad food or poor accommodation all got on with each other, it's why I loved my time at sea and can look back with nostalgia.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ditto here Des
    Very few i never got on with, it was a good Life!
    Ashore with others was slightly a different Story LOL
    cHEERS
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Lewis McColl Guest

Well during my time at sea I sailed with a few A Holes , not many but a few, usually they had scrambled egg on their cap as well.
    The best put down I ever saw was lad from Birkenhead who was officers salon steward on a Bluey. The old man had been giving this kid crap every night for ages. We were docking early hours in Liverpool so it was the last evening meal. Soup was ordered by Captain Burtenshaw, he will be well dead by now!! sent it back as it was to hot, sent it back again as it was not warm enough next time the steward brought it back he just tipped up and poured it over the Captain s head , departed the salon with -uck you. I sailed with the lad again on ED's Bahmo, he was 2nd Steward smashing lad.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 20th May 2021 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    I’m surprised someone hasn’t started a post Dickheads I have sailed with JS
    I had thought about it John, but then thought Naw! I didn't want my name at the top of the list, as I'm sure Lewis would have up me up there with an omelette never mind scrambled egg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Like most can only recall a couple who were complete a****s, most of the crew were great to be with.

But know what it is like to lose business to idiots, having had a restaurant when booking never turn up and in the mean time you have to turn away customers.

But on the other side we had four cruises cancelled courtesy of the bloody Virus.
    Just hope the next three take place, we live in hope for a better world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast