Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: French Civil War

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: French Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Lewis, I have read the Guardian and it is so far up its own erse it can see daylight.
    Vic
    Vic if you need any of the BIG words and the meaning explaining you can always use google lol, Seriously Vic the news papers lost it once the foreign owners got their hands on a lot of them. Murdoch for instance owns 150 newspapers in Australia alone 3 national dailies in the UK . I think he even owns the likes of the wall street journal. Is he still in control of News Corp. Murdoch like it or not has to much say in what goes on in the world, he has his own agenda and it will not be for the benefit of you and me.

2. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi VIC, don't tell me they have dropped the daily Jane.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WE have two ex PM here one left wing the other left wing but pretended to be right.
    They want a royal Commission into the Murdoch dynasty claiming his comments sway the voters.
    Those not able to think for them selves will always be swayed no matter who or what is written.

In the Sunday paper a photo of a group of footy players after the match all in a huddle.
    One has put his hand on the **** of another.
    He is to be sent for councilling as his action is considered to be inapropereat and a bad influence on younger persons.
    But when a female footy player slapped her mate on the **** when she scored a goal not a word said.

This is how selective the WOKE lot are.

As to Blair, yes he was on our TV the other day but for some reason my TV suddenly changed chanell's without warning.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Lewis McColl Guest

I have been watching a series on Netflix called RAKE it is about an Aussie solicitor. It has been around a while, first aired in 2010. I know it is tongue & cheek humour but no doubt based on a light hearted view of Australia today and the PC brigade and bent politicians. If it has any elements of truth and what goes on, Australia is one ducked up country. Still it is a lot more amusing watching Cleaver Greene making a fool out the judicial system & politicians than watching Neighbours or Home & Away and other Crap shows like Eastenders or Corrie. Fact of life people actually think they have to live like they do in Eastenders fighting and bitching and that is one of he reasons the UK has more than it's fair share of assholes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Lewis, that program did well here in Oz, mainly because i think some thought it was real.

But I must apologize for the other crap we send such as Home and away, such crap is only for the brain dead to watch.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Do they show East Enders , Corrie and Emmerdale in Australia? Just so Aussie's know not everyone in the UK live in terraced houses. I have been to Aussie a few times and it amazes me that housing in such a big country the house sized plots they seem to build very close together. Is land expensive? I have friends and family who live in various cities they often send the annual Christmas photo home enjoying dinner in the garden with the pool in the back ground. Some have done well for themselves others you can tell they are not living the dream. I have a cousin who is desperate to come home but because they had their children out in Australia they feel they cannot leave.

9. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

in the fifties in adelade guys came aboard selling land......as far as i can remember ...ouside adelaide for 7 or 8 bob an acre or near but was told it was miles out of adelaide and probably not suitable for building or it was a con .......cant remember much more than that......but a guy i know was a car mechanic in the uk went out and worked his way to his own garage etc and had great house which i visited on holiday big garden with land and pool just out of perth ...nice lifestyle .....could have gone with pat when i got married but ithink as her mum had lost one daughter during the war ....while her dad was in burma...... so losing two would have been to sad ........so we stayed often wondered about that .....but did alright here anyway R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That wouldn’t have been John Hughes would it Cappy Must be one of the biggest garage owners in Australia. Certainly the biggest in W.A. Have had 2 cars off him , but live too far outside Perth now to go back there for the perks on maintainance on new cars now , so just bought local, but would of been Cheaper from him I am sure. He is today a multi millionaire and still working in his eighties .Gives a lot to charity. He wouldn’t be having palpitations over 3/9d. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th May 2021 at 09:21 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No john that is not him i have a job to remember his surname now as i knew his wife who is my good buddies sister strangely enough i am out with my mate on saturday to a resturant so will ask him the surname sadly they are divorced now ......but he had a good lifestyle...certainly better than in the uk .....how is the new motor going ....hopefully gwen has got the hang of the new gadgets etc ....regards cappy

13. Likes Denis O'Shea, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The person I am talking about his present wife is not English or European for that matter. Gwen has been out in it a couple of times so is coping very well with it. They were both used cars I bought off him previously but they were both good . You will probably get him on google anyway everything else seems to be there. Just put in John Hughes motor car dealer Perth Western Australia. I would imagine his face will come up, he does most of his advertising himself. He always has adverts in all the media papers and as said is very big in business in WA. Cheers JS.
    R575129

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast