Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Suez Blocked

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Suez Blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    If i remember correctly, the usual cry as we passed in port was *any geordies aboard *, usually replied with *no, we were fumigated last trip *, lol kt
    coming through the straits of homuz.....vessels coming in and out were very close ...and the cry was always the same ..smiths docks in north shields always had at least six btc tankers in earlier years and of course bp in later years hence many with geordie crews ...many company men out of shields ...but crappy voyages up the bleeding gulf ....much better shell tankers round the carribean and south america ......big steaks BA boots and jackets ....dancing the tango....what a hoot that was now.... full on sex while fully clothed ..........oh what happened i keep asking.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    coming through the straits of homuz.....vessels coming in and out were very close ...and the cry was always the same ..smiths docks in north shields always had at least six btc tankers in earlier years and of course bp in later years hence many with geordie crews ...many company men out of shields ...but crappy voyages up the bleeding gulf ....much better shell tankers round the carribean and south america ......big steaks BA boots and jackets ....dancing the tango....what a hoot that was now.... full on sex while fully clothed ..........oh what happened i keep asking.....
    Some Shell jobs were like trampers to a degree, joined one in Singapore with a cargo of mogas which was loaded in Shanghai but was bought on the spot market with no specific customer, sailed to Jeddah where we bunkered and had orders for Gib. approaching Gib were ordered Ushant for orders, then eventually ended up in Amsterdam discharging in to barges which then took the cargo to Switzerland. Sailed from there to Curacao, then Cartagena, Cristobal, Panama, Valparaiso, and ened up paying off in Callao.

3. Thanks cappy, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unbelievably yesterday, a few days after the event, that clown reporter - Liam Doyle - in the Express has reported " They have prised the super tanker from the bank in the canal". Where do they get them?? If he cannot get the ship type correct, what chance for the rest of the content and his other reporting!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Victoria.
    I didn't know that Willy Nilly had moved to Tassie, he used to tie us up in the oil wharf in Swansea.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

6. Likes N/A, j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John regarding post #161,
    I was waiting for my wife outside a super market, as she came out she was looking around, I didn't realize she was looking for me, I was standing by the kerb right in front of her , I watched for a while, she looked at me then away, I went up and she said where the hell have you been? I said nowhere, i was standing there watching you, she said well you could have said something!!!! not quiet sixty years maybe sixty minutes.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#164. There would have to be an Inquiry John ,however it will be mainly on who and how much are certain people going to fork out. If one person had been killed or hurt in the incident however that would of put a whole new ball onto the court and would of brought out more big guns to be the appointed adjudicators .There will be some however involved in the actual accident or otherwise used as a scapegoat and some will be praying they don’t lose their pension as well as their jobs. After the piper Alpha incident in 1988 I heard of certain survivors who believe it or not were refused employment offshore and the excuse was they were considered bad luck and would be considered Jonah’s by their workmates . There are always innocent victims who get dragged in to pay the price. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#172 Des my wife is getting forgetful which I have had her seek help on. She says she isn’t but I know how different she is , So half jokingly I often say to her remember who I am , and her reply is always the same ,who could forget you , I don’t know which way to take that , Cheers JS
    R575129

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Egypt seeks $1billion compensation for Ever Given crisis which blocked the Suez Canal for nearly a week as captain finally bows to pressure to hand over 'black box'

Seems the Suez Canal Authority will seek compensation from Japanese company Shoei Kisen Kasiha to recuperate losses caused when the Ever Given was stuck in the shipping lane for six days in late March.

12. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

$1billion, that is an awful lot of Marlboro Red I am surprised they are only getting to the black box now. I would have thought that would have been whipped ashore within 24 hours of her grounding. Surely it will be Evergreen who will be held accountable as they are the operator.

Shoei Kisen Kaisha Ltd
    Organization
    Shoei Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. operates ship leasing business. The Company provides container vessel leasing, oil vessel leasing, cargo ship leasing, and other services. Shoei Kisen Kaisha also offers related ship repair and maintenance services.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As far as I can make out the E-G is still in the Bitter Lakes although she has now passed her seaworthy certificate, there being only minor damage to the bulbous bow.

I'm afraid there is going to be a lot of human heartache as the Canal Authorities are not known for their humane approach to those owing the Canal Authority money. There are two ships currently under arrest, one has been there for four years with the Chief Officer alone on the ship and his passport and other documents held ashore, he is designated the 'Legal Guardian' and will be on board until all dues are settled. Another vessel has been held for two years she has two legal guardians aboard, their future is not looking good, both are small bulkers in ballast.

I wonder if the SCA dare apply the same restrictions to the EG as she is fully loaded with cargoes for all and sundry, I should imagine there would be a big outcry if unwarranted delays were instituted further dealing delivery of the cargo. I note that the Owners (disponent Owners) have declared 'General Average' where-in each consignee contributes to the losses incurred by the delay/loss, as no direct losses were caused by Act of God, this General Average is being challenged in Court as being illegal and of no veracity in the subject circumstances.

The only way I see out of this impasse is that Underwriters will have to place a limited Bond in a nominated World Bank acceptable to all parties and held in escrow until the matter is settled, I reckon that time frame will be 7 - 10 years

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast