Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Western Australia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Western Australia

#12. The seperation bit is the usual crap put out by the media probably listening to someone in a pub , just so they can have a say that it was authentic. Australia has a Constitution and a bunch of romancers of the truth is not going to alter. The Republican bit may of though for the whole Nation if it had cropped up again and been voted on. And the Euro question not resolved may have gone to the finishing post. The Queen apart from being the Queen of England Scotland and Wales , is also Queen of Australia and many other Democracys in the world. Many people dont realize this, well your pollies in the UK better had if they dont want to be known as the ones who gave the Commonwealth away. To many ex pats living in Australia the future of this country rests in the future of the Royal Family. Australia today is a country with allegiance to the Monarchy , but with less and less of those with that allegiance coming from different parts of the world things will change in time. To me to have to give allegiance to foreigners in Europe would not be acceptable. To others wouldnt matter, you already have a fifth column in the UK working to those ends or havent the UK realized it yet. JS..
    R575129

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Morrison, N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have put this on the site a while ago .
    My first trip to Aus was in 49 , when we arrived in Freemantle I was sure I had been there before, as i walked around the town I knew what would be around every corner, {no John not a copper waiting ] everywhere i went was familiar, it was weird, but I loved the place, I visited Freemantle many times since and I always got that same feeling.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did you notice the line engraved in the pavement in certain places Des, think it is blue , but everything on the seaward side of that line is reclaimed from the sea. Someone had to point it out to me years ago. The P & O hotel would of been there in 1949 and is still going the last time I looked. Got robbed $70 for parking the car last time there ,it was parked correctly but had put the wrong licence plate number into the machine as was in a different car and forgot. Wrote a nasty letter to their Council about their parking employees and said I would advise any visitors to Oz to stay clear of Freo. Never been back since, just driven straight through. Cheers JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My first Australian port was Albany in the 50's, not a lot there, we were welcomed with open arms, especially our on board skiffle group, washboard, violin. triangle and double bass (yours truly) when on board we were oft told to shut the f... up, but when in Albany any crew from our vessel got free drinks when we were playing, our status changed overnight, think the pub was the 'London Inn' got a note somewhere, but where?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Used to love those Skiffle Groups they got together on Board many Ships, they really had some very good ones on the UCL Ships.

Remember one on the Winchester Castle who called themselves "Misty Nights" as you can imagine all were Gay Guys, but the best and so popular, they got real popular, and one trip i recall the were asked to Play at a special Function for the Passengers, turned out a real good Show!

Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

7. Likes thomas michael, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post

Remember one on the Winchester Castle who called themselves "Misty Nights" as you can imagine all were Gay Guys,

Cheers
    Ooh! you are awful! but I like you! I can assure you that our group were not gay! but still very happy, if I remember rightly we were called 'Sea View' we got a lot of variations on that

9. Likes Doc Vernon, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You missed the pot party and free sex party

11. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi ivan cloherty #19
    good afternoon, some years ago i was in benidorm it was xmass and myself and the wife out in the old town, she looking into a jewellers window myself standing away from her out of listening distance just in case she wanted something out of the window,
    anyway directly in front of the jewellers was a gay club, and a person of that genre started opening the door and entered, as he went in i looked inside it was pitch black and he was half way down the stairs and i shouted watch out for the ghost of christmass past down there, he came back up and was laughing and joking with me, he invited me to the new years staff party i told him quickly that i was a married man and more quicky called to my my wife and she joined us, we laughed and joked for a while until we where ready to leave whereby we where both invited to the new years eve party for staff and friends only, i refused but my wife instantly told him she would like to go,he asked our names and told us to come at about ten new years eve,
    my wife was desperate to go and so she talked me into going, i was believe me hesitate to go in there but we decided to look in for a drink. i couldnt believe it, the club the rich bitches in the old town was decked out and on all the tables where printed name cards, we sat at out table, and it was the best night i had for many years,there was a cabaret ,the meals and everything was free, after the new year was hailed in i and my wife decided it was time to go i went to the bar and asked if i could buy the staff serving a drink, reluctantly they agreed the total sum of my spending came to eighteen euro.
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 17th March 2021 at 03:21 PM.

13. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Ooh! you are awful! but I like you! I can assure you that our group were not gay! but still very happy, if I remember rightly we were called 'Sea View' we got a lot of variations on that
    I guessed that Ivan! There were others like your that were straight mate, another one we had on the old Warwick Castle was a Group made up of all Lads from Liverpool, all nice Guys and Tough as well, but they were very talented , and must say a slightly better one that the Gay Guys!
    I also recall the name they used as the group in mind always reminded me of the "Small Faces"! They choose to be called "Faces Small". Dont ask why!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wasn’t Tommy Steele a member of a skiffle group . Or was that just a made up story for a short Bio. Of his story ? JS
    R575129

16. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast