Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: George Ford.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default George Ford.

Interesting news from our friends south of the border. Remember George*Ford, the one who was killed by police? His family have been awarded 27 million dollars for Georges wrongful arrest. Also, they are naming a street after him. Have we forgotten that George was an habitual criminal. He has served time in prison, and one of his latest crimes was*holding a pregnant woman hostage at gun point, while his palls robed her home. Meanwhile we are pulling down statues of 'bad people' while giving millions to the family of a crook. Is the World going completely mad?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: George Ford.

Just to add to my post. The police did use unnecessary*force. However, they are going*to be charged. Should*that not be the end of it.?*In the past, that is how the law worked. The next black person killed by police, will have the families crying for a settlement comparable*to Gorge Ford's family. The precedent has been set.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, the world has gone mad, we have the same here, when some lowlife gets killed, even though he was armed he was 'always a good boy and loved his family' who no doubt lived off the proceeds of his crimes. We have heard the expression 'a warped world' and always thought it had something to do with science fiction, apparently not!

Lewis McColl Guest

How about getting the guys name right it is George Floyd

George Perry Floyd Jr. (October 14, 1973 – May 25, 2020) was an African American man killed during an arrest after a store clerk alleged he had passed a counterfeit $20 bill in Minneapolis. Derek Chauvin, one of four police officers who arrived on the scene, knelt on Floyd's neck for a period initially reported to be 8 minutes and 46 seconds. After his death, protests against police brutality

A former owner of Minneapolis's El Nuevo Rodeo bar said both Mr Floyd and Chauvin had been employed as security guards at the venue at the same time.
    Seems strange that the police man that murdered Floyd worked at the same Club, there would have been occasions when they were working on the same night. The very fact that 3 other Police officers stood and watched Floyd being murdered wtf!!! kind of police do they have in the USA. Well the city has paid $millions out for damage due to rioting all because a cop murdered a Black man and another $27 million in BLOOD money. I hope that Cop gets life and I also hope he is in a cell that he shares with a rather large African American.

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you, nicely put.
    One can always tell a gentleman.

7. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

George Ford is a White professional rugby union fly half playing for Leicester Tigers. He sometimes pins opponents to the ground using his lower body. Understandably a case of mistaken identity.
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    How about getting the guys name right it is George Floyd

George Perry Floyd Jr. (October 14, 1973 – May 25, 2020) was an African American man killed during an arrest after [B]a store clerk alleged he had passed a counterfeit $20 bill in Minneapolis.

I hope that Cop gets life and I also hope he is in a cell that he shares with a rather large African American.
    Not that I agree with police brutality in any shape or form I do not, but Lewis I have never heard such sanctimoniuos claptrap for a long time, and I doubt even you believe it, but perhaps Sunday was too quiet for you, put the wooden spoon back in the cupboard.

I wonder if the pregnant woman, who got held up at gunpoint feels the way you do, also the numerous victims of his burglaries, I doubt they mourned his passing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Not that I agree with police brutality in any shape or form I do not, but Lewis I have never heard such sanctimoniuos claptrap for a long time, and I doubt even you believe it, but perhaps Sunday was too quiet for you, put the wooden spoon back in the cupboard.

I wonder if the pregnant woman, who got held up at gunpoint feels the way you do, also the numerous victims of his burglaries, I doubt they mourned his passing.
    possibly the cop, who had worked with him previously, knew about his potential for violence so took measures which he thought were necessary, but obviously went way over the top.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My experience of US Police is NEVER try to run or argue or struggle , Hands up palms showing, "I am coming quietly" simple. Floyd should have know that he had been arrested many times before.
    In New York on the FRANCONIA in 1956, one of our Firemen was bevied on Broadway staggering back to the ship. A Cop shouted him to stop, so he runs round the corner into 52nd Street. the Cop chases him and fired his gun and blew his head off.
    They also sent a Bill to his family fpr £800, [lot of money in 1956]. It went through Parliament about it.
    I have always co-operated with their Cops. because they are gun crazy

Lewis McColl Guest

#7 Ivan , no one is saying he was not a bad bastard. All I have posted is what is supposed to have taken place. Would you like to see the police in the UK behave like that? Did you not find it strange that the police man that murdered him worked as Bouncer/ Security Guard at the same pub/club as George Floyd. Would you ever consider that just maybe , maybe, there was a bit of history with these two fine up standing citizens? I don't know if there was or not. The actions of Officer Derek Chauvin caused massive civil unrest and ultimately led to at least 6 more deaths. Jaysus what is it with you.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/geor...-timeline.html

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast