Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I foresee more Trouble a Brewing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I foresee more Trouble a Brewing

Trouble brewing is right.
    Heard today of the latest items to be banned under the WOKE legislation.

Jumbo the Elephant. Lucy in the sky with Diamonds, Fat bottomed Girls by Queen.
    The List goes on.

In my opinion what should be banned is the looneys who come out with this crap and their attempt at social engineering.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

I know what I would ban.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have lived in the area for many years and seen the different phases the Cross has been through and never had a problem, I doubt it will go back to the days when it was not considered safe although the lockout laws have been lifted everyone entering a licensed venue on Friday and Saturday will still be subjected to an ID scan.
    The Cross like many areas in the ports we have visited during our career at sea is the sort of place if you go looking for trouble you will find it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wil agree and also disagree with last post/
    Although you may have lived there a long time and no doubt know the Area etc, it is not always the ones that get into trouble that go out looking for it
    No way i have seen and heard of many a good Citizen, not even under the influence that have been set upon for no reason at all. This used to happen regularly at the Cross Years ago before the Laws came in, and it got better after that.
    Makes no difference about the Licences etc, if these places are left Open to all hours there will always be people who go there at those sort of hours to get smashed!
    I used to frequent the Area Years ago when the place was good and then ther was little troubles around, it changed dramatically over the Years, just talk to the poor Doctors and Nurses at St Vincents.
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Victoria.
    Hope someone looked after that camel and took it to a zoo or someplace safe.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vernon, you are right there mate.
    Here in Melbourne we get problems with drunks and idiots, but mainly in one part of the city where the night clubs are.
    The rest is fine and safe to walk at any hour.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SYDNEY,,,,,,,,,,,
    On Monday. 11th of June 1957 we sailed through the Sydney Heads and Harbour, under the Bridge and made fast at the piers on Millers point.
    That evening, Tom and I cruised into a bar in Kings Cross which was the liveliest part of Sydney.
    Whilst ordering a couple of beers we noticed a pair of attractive young ladies sat at a table.
    “Look at them” said Tom, “I wouldn’t mind getting a grip on one of those” , “Come on, lets tap them up” I replied. Tom moved over to the table, “G`day, Shielas, ya fancy a bevy?” he said, as smooth as a bucket of crap.
    “ Yers “ said one, “we`ll have a couple of sherries”. “ I think we`ve cracked here , Tom, I`ll go and get the Sherries”. After the usual banter of introductions the girls said they were waiting for a couple of fellas to come in and take them to a party and that we could go as well. “Great “ I said, “ I`ll go and get a few Carry outs to take with us.” “No need” said the girls, “there will be plenty of grog there”.
    Just then, two big guys walked in, stood by the table and said to the girls, ”OK lets go”
    Great , I stood up and finished my beer and standing up, I noticed the two had burst into tears, “What`s the matter with you two” I said, “They are Cops” one cried as I felt my arms being pulled back and handcuffs being snapped on my wrists. Tom was getting the same treatment, “Hey let go you bastards” I shouted, “We are Pommies, “ “Get outside” the big guy said as he punched me in the Kidneys, Arrgh. the pain.
    “Get in the wagon”.
    Outside the bar was a Police Van and several Police cars, the bar was surrounded by Cops. After a violent struggle, more thumps and shouts of abuse the four of us were flung into the back of the wagon and locked in.
    We arrived at a Police Station and dragged in protesting, We were separated and then questioned by the big Sergeant . I repeatedly told them I was a Seaman off the Adelaide Star and had only just come ashore and met the girls.
    “ Yeah, I`ve heard it all before” the Sergeant said, “ You`re a right pair of villains”
    He said we would be charged with armed robbery and would be lucky if we got less than ten years.. I was panicking by now, “Go and see the Captain off our ship, and he will identify us” but he took no notice, They threw Tom an me into a cell and the two girls into the next one. We shouted, “Put us all in the same cell, then we can have some fun while we are waiting.
    “Shut up you bastards, or I will come in there and shut you up” said the Sergeant.
    I looked at Tom, and said, “ This another fine mess you have gotten me into, I `ve only had half a glass of beer and now I`m facing a ten year stretch.”
    We stretched out on the dirty mattresses in the darkness, cursing the stupid Aussie Cops and eventually laughing at the daft situation we were in,
    We made up a Calypso song to the tune of `Maryanne` and we lay there singing.
    “All day, all night, in Sydney Gaol
    For getting bevied on the ale,
    When our ship is ready to sail,
    The Captain will come
    And pay for our bail.”……….
    “This is your last and final warning you bastards”. shouted the Sergeant, “Shut up”

Next morning, Tuesday, we were taken out of the Cell and questioned again. The Captain on our ship was contacted and he confirmed who we were but would not sign for us until Thursday morning. We were going mad about this, all our stay in Sydney locked up.
    The big Sergeant said, “Tough, its your own fault, We had a stake out on that Bar,
    we heard there was a couple of villains going in there to meet the two girls. We were watching and had the Bar surrounded. when we saw you two go in and sit with them we thought you were the two wanted men so you were arrested. Mean while the two villains must have seen the Police activity and then disappeared.”
    The Cops were very angry that we had ruined their stake out.
    So to make us pay for this we had to stay in until the Captain came and signed us out.
    When we arrived back on board all hands were on deck laughing and cheering, they had heard all about it. The Captain then proceeded to log us three days wages for being adrift bastard, sometimes you just cant win

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hard one there Capt
    But these things happen at the worst times! LOL
    And yet another good experience Eeeek!
    See the Cross is a nice place ! LOL

R697530

10. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can understand that Victoria, as when we lived in Penrith well Boy! it was like a mad house at times, Parties Next Door were terrible, and as we had a Super Market Car Park just opposite us ,they used to gather there at Night (Well early Hours and lots of Fights etc, i was on the Blower some four or five times a Week to the Coppers)
    Thank the Lord we moved up here to the Mountains, nice and quiet where we are now, peace at last! Cheers

R697530

12. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Vernon enjoy the peace and quiet, have heard some polis may be thinking of moving up there. LOL
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast